Eye of the Oracle and The Black Court

I recently did a little magic to acquire the book “Eye of the Oracle” for about $20. I discovered this book on the Black Court website after reading the Anthology of Sorcery 2 and watching E.A.s interview with Somnus Dreadwood. I do a lot of work with energy and I’m always looking for new ways to apply it (most books/courses don’t tell you much other than how to cultivate energy), so this book seemed to fit the bill. After reading it though I’m a little hesitant to preform any of the work that it contains, most of the instructions are sparse or incomplete and a lot of it seems a little far fetched.

Has anyone else worked with this book or any of the others from the Black Court? What were your results?

I have the black scriptures book and I’m not overly impressed. It’s just an overview of their different towers with a different names of the spirits that supposedly govern each of those said towers. I didn’t find it very practical as a stand alone grimoire, it seemed much more like a book to introduce you to their system and then you would focus on a certain town in other books. How effective their stuff is, I can’t really say. I messed around with the necromantic stuff in the book and I don’t find their methods overly impressive compared to systems I’ve used in the past. I wouldn’t bother with them, but that just me. Not to mention that if you email them about questions they never get back to you. That’s one complaint I’ve read on numerous forums, black court has shitty customer service and they are hard as fuck to get ahold of.

So I figured I would give the material a chance and try it out, the results were definitely not what I expected. I tried out the first exercise in the book called “Void meditation”, the exercise entails square breathing, a kuji-in hand gesture, visualization, and a mantra.

The first thing that I experienced was a deep relaxation followed quickly by falling through the rings of reality. I have felt this before, but never quit this fast. After keeping up the mediation for about 10 minutes I open my eyes and see the static rain all around me, recently I saw an entity standing near me after opening my eyes.

I have only been doing the meditation for about a week, but so far the results were significantly better than what I had expected. I’m going to keep preforming this exercise for a while to see where it leads and test out a few of the other ones in this book.

1 Like

Sweet! Please keep us posted how it goes. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Orion Laria, post:1, topic:6380”]I recently did a little magic to acquire the book “Eye of the Oracle” for about $20. I discovered this book on the Black Court website after reading the Anthology of Sorcery 2 and watching E.A.s interview with Somnus Dreadwood. I do a lot of work with energy and I’m always looking for new ways to apply it (most books/courses don’t tell you much other than how to cultivate energy), so this book seemed to fit the bill. After reading it though I’m a little hesitant to preform any of the work that it contains, most of the instructions are sparse or incomplete and a lot of it seems a little far fetched.

Has anyone else worked with this book or any of the others from the Black Court? What were your results?[/quote]

If you haven’t, you might want to check out Franz Bardon’s books for more ways to deal with energy manipulation among many other amazing abilities, but his system is extremely bare bones that you’ll need to flesh out using your intuition. I’d start with Initiation into hermetics by him and just read through the whole thing before your beginning practice so you see what that system can bring you and it’s goals :slight_smile:

2 Likes