Extreme atheist’s left hand path to creating your own magickal system

I might post this in a separate thread, but I truly don’t think what you’re saying is possible

It’s something Lucifer showed me the other day but it logically follows:

Magick = energy
Energy = consciousness
Spirits are just individuated streams of consciousness
Therefore to use magick, you’re using spirits of some kind, even if you don’t label them specifically.

7 Likes

A lot of people use the term, “Worship” loosely. It can range from actually submitting to a deity, to forming a mentor student relationship, to simply trading prayers, offerings, and praise for divine boons. I go for the last two. Some form of worship, even to a minimum, helps us because it makes us feel like we are not alone, we’re watched and protected, we have something that can guide us on our journey.

Think of it like super heroes. We read the comics and watch the movies and Saturday morning cartoons, and we want to be like them. You can worship a god and still aspire to be one if you believe its possible.

3 Likes

The next step may take some time

You now must decide how you want your magick system.

Is there a specific language?

What symbols are you to use?

What colors are best for what things?

I highly recommend not just using these old systems to tell you what you should or should use.

This is about making new. You get to decide what is important for this magick.

@davethebarbarian that is great if that is what you’re into. That is not what this path is about. If this is not you kind of interest that fine. I’m just informing people about another way to do things that doesn’t involve other bings. There is a magick system for those who are not interested in worshipping any religion in any way.

I’m saying that people learn from others and that feeds their own power.

3 Likes

To continue

This second step is really where you embrace yourself.
Create the magick you want to practice. If you want bananas to be considered the only appropriate offering in a ritual then make it so. The important part here is to make all decisions about your magickal system.

Not to let anyone else’s system tell you what you can and cannot do. It is your creation make it how you want it to be.

If your decision is to follow the crowd and do what everyone else is doing that’s fine.

I view it as a missed opportunity to truly take control of your magick and power to only do what others say is the right way to magick.

My system doesn’t allow for old religions. If that is not for you then great for you.

@Melektoth
Sorry didn’t see your post right away

I feel that you are right about this

But why use any consciousness other than your own?
I don’t see using energy that has been filtered through someone or something else’s consciousness as beneficial to my magick. My magick is best when it gets its energy directly from the source which is me.
It doesn’t make sense to me to go through all the trouble of having to call a being to me then having to ask for their energy then filter it through my magick to make it work . My energy my consciousness is already attuned with my magick.

The source isn’t you though. I mean yes you are god of your reality but that doesn’t mean the source of energy is yourself. The Source is one and undivided.

IMO you will always have to rely on some other energy, because your own energy on its own is honestly minuscule in comparison. It’s like standing against a flood.

It’s like how you can’t get through this physical world alone. Someone has to build the house you live in, generate the electricity, provide the gas that gives heating, build the pipes for water to flow through, keep the roads maintained, etc. No man is an island and all that.

2 Likes

This means that everyone and everything is part of the source. Which also means as part of the source you have direct access to unlimited energy. No need to seek elsewhere to find energy then to have to change it to suit your needs. I’m saying i see your system as being overly complicated as in to many steps to get what you want. I mean no disrespect for your system I’m only saying it’s not for me and trying to explain why.

1 Like

I know my system is not for many. I didn’t create it for others. I am simply trying to share it here. If anyone wants to try it then fine if not just as fine.

If they need us to exist, how do you explain forgotten gods?

With your theory wouldnt they no longer exist? If that is the case how is it that some of us are finding them?

2 Likes

Gods often jump religions do to society changes when one religion overtakes another the result is a hybrid of religions hence demons and devils are gods of overthrown religions. They weren’t forgotten just worshipped differently from then on.

1 Like

I see what you are trying to say, but I still question it.

2 Likes

Sounds like what regular people use as chaos magic to me, it’s basically the same idea’s the chaote’s used before the current mostly died out at the end.

4 Likes

That is my point question everything find what works best for you . Just don’t take everyone’s word on what is right or wrong. Just because it works for many people doesn’t mean it is what will work best for you. Experiment explore create new

1 Like

Especially create new if you create your own system it will work better for you than one someone else created no matter how old it is and how many people got it to work.

Let me explain it this way

Let’s say for example your magickal goal is to have a hole dug. What I’m saying is the important part is that the hole gets dug and to your specific desire.

Each magick system has a different method for accomplishing this. Dig with your hands, use a shovel, use a machine. You should create a method of digging that makes you most happy not just taking someone else’s word for it .

All will complete the hole. Which one will do it how you want it done?

1 Like

My chosen method excludes all gods and religions.