Experiences with Magick and Entities before You became a Magician?

Hi All,

I’m very new here, as you can see from my post count, lol. Been looking around and getting my feet wet. But I have a question for anyone who might care to respond or who might have suggestions for me.

I’m curious if any of you had encounters or experiences with entities - either angelic or demonic - before you became a practioner. Face to face, for lack of a better term as demonic one of them did not have a face that I ever saw - I had two. Does that mean, assuming I could identify who they might be, those might be beings that it would behoove me to start trying to evoke when I get that far, should I avoid them? They both manifested in the beginning in a dream, but when I awoke, they were both exactly where they were in my dreams, everything exactly where it was on the dream when I awoke, including myself and them.

There have been other things over the years, some awake, some not, but these two were entities that I saw and communicated with in a waking state (one saved me from being hit by a car in college, but I never saw it. I only “felt” a hand grab my shirt and jerk me physically backward, but there was nothing visible there.)

At any rate, thanks for any comments or advise.

Playing merged into practice for me because I started young, but I do know the earliest spirits to contact me have been among the most steadfast allies and therefore I think it comes down to how these encounters left you feeling - did they seem positive, or threatening?

And if it was the latter, did that threat seem truly menacing, or like a challenge, or even a miscommunication?

If these spirits have been able to contact you before, they could very well be important, and might help you get over that hurdle of first reliable contact some people seem to encounter.

You can also use the Book Of Fate, a divination tool that requires no overt psychic skill or experience to begin using, to check up on whether any spirit is going to be trustworthy and beneficial - I put a tutorial that has a (legal) downloadable copy of the book and a bunch of my own notes and additions here.

I’ve used it a lot to check out spirits (and people!), and it’s perfectly designed for this sort of reading. :slight_smile:

I started magick at a very young age so I can’t really answer other than to say when I first started down this path, I just knew magick was real. Not only because I was a child and I so desperately wanted it to be real, but I could sense it all around me. There were a few times when I should have died but each time I miraculously survived while others around me were badly hurt. Also many times when I was in near miss car accidents and my feelings to listen to my intution and stay put where I was sitting in my car. Not moving right away because something distracted me as if trying to pull my attention away from driving for a second, even when others behind me were impatiently honking at me or cussing me out their window to move, was what ultimately saved me by just a few seconds from being the one that got into those bad car accidents.

But I have a guardian that has been with me since birth, and he has looked out for me many times. He, I think, is also the one reponsible for leading me to magick, for putting the ideas in my mind that magick is real when all others around me were saying it’s time to grow up now and come to the “real” world, you’re not a child anymore so you need to stop believing in this quote “garbage”. So magick has always been a part of my life, there was never any doubt in my mind as to its existence. But as part of my journey in this magickal lifestyle, I have had many experiences, visions, and results that served to further verify the validity of magick for me.

Playing merged into practice for me because I started young, but I do know the earliest spirits to contact me have been among the most steadfast allies and therefore I think it comes down to how these encounters left you feeling - did they seem positive, or threatening?

And if it was the latter, did that threat seem truly menacing, or like a challenge, or even a miscommunication?

If these spirits have been able to contact you before, they could very well be important, and might help you get over that hurdle of first reliable contact some people seem to encounter.

You can also use the Book Of Fate, a divination tool that requires no overt psychic skill or experience to begin using, to check up on whether any spirit is going to be trustworthy and beneficial - I put a tutorial that has a (legal) downloadable copy of the book and a bunch of my own notes and additions here.

I’ve used it a lot to check out spirits (and people!), and it’s perfectly designed for this sort of reading. :)[/quote]

Thank you SO MUCH for the reference and the link to the book. I know I will make use of it. Just so hard to know where to begin with something like this.

Maybe if I give some details, those of you with experience may let me know if what my instinct tells me who these spirits are are on track, or some other entities to investigate to see if they fit.

The "dark"entity - He appeared to me first. I must say that I was scared out of my mind when he was there, but looking back at it, I think that fear was more of a manifestation of my Mormon upbringing (which I was just beginning to question) than it was actual malice on his part. In fact, I would say by his actions, he meant me no harm.

His look was well…I never actually saw him. I saw what I would call his “light” but I could sense his body and location, as he was out in the hallway walking toward my room. What I saw was - and I’ve always had a hard time putting this into proper words - as a living black fog or cloud. Like black light that became thicker and less see-through as he approached the door. I could feel that pressure so many have described when they are evoked, hard to breathe, urge to pass out. I think that was what frightened me as well, as I had never experienced that.

What I remember though was the voice. I had never consciously heard his voice in my life, but I knew that voice as well as I knew my mothers. Totally familiar as if I had heard it all my life (that frightened me too.) It was low tenor to higher baritone, and had a melodic, not quite sing-song, manner. Almost a sine wave flow. And it was the most penetrative voice I’ve ever heard. Like it made every cell of my body resonate. He identified himself as Lucifer (although I may have misunderstood through the fear of the pressure of his presence.) I do know it was “Luci…” He told me as he was approaching my door that he was very pleased with me. He came almost to view, but then stopped, and seemed to stand and contemplate for a moment, though I could not see his body, just the dark light. I think he knew I was far too startled and scared to communicate more. He turned around and walked away, the pressure let up and the black light dissolved in the same way it gathered.

At the time I was scared and felt it meant bad toward me, but looking back I don’t think so. If he meant me harm, he would not have said what he said, nor would he have stopped and left hen I was so scared. But, I will, never, ever forget the quality of that voice and how I KNOW that voice.

The Light Being - He appeared the next night. Given some of the symbols I saw, the light, a scroll, the color red before he appeared, deep blue after, the bluish-white light that radiated, and just my gut feeling ever since I read the book of Enoch, I’ve thought this was Uruel. But, this one never identified himself. Youngish look, flowing blue-white tinted clothing radiating light like a atar. He didn’t speak auditorily, the way the other did. I heard his voice clearly in my mind though. A bit lower than the previous one, not as familiar, and it didn’t have that same musical reverberating thing about it. His made me feel very light, almost like I could fly. He said, “You’ll never be happy if he’s not with you.” 25 hears later, I do not know who the he he spoke of is and where he was supposed to be with me. I know he meant me no harm, but was trying to communicate something very important to me. The next morning, before school, I had a vision of the exact same being and he said the exact same thing.

I have no doubt as all, that whatever they are, they are real. I can’t explain them, but I know what I saw and felt. I’m very analytical and an agnostic, but I do not doubt their existence. I’m gnostic toward the divinity of Jesus of Nazareth and Christianity. Those two, we’re very real.