Evoking using Works of Darkness

Hey all,

I’ve finally decided to take my practice seriously and have begun working my way through Works of Darkness, and I am wondering about the Invocation of Omnipotence. Its not mentioned in the book; all it says in the chapter on evocation is to 'meditate and focus your mind on the Work you are about to perform.'
My question is thus: Is the Communing with the Darkness meditation given in the third chapter of WoD to be used in a similar way to the Invocation of Omnipotence as given in Evoking Eternity, as the power source for the ritual? If not, then I am confused as to what is to be used.
Has anyone here learned to evoke using Works of Darkness, or is it better to follow Evoking Eternity? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I head towards my first evocation.

Hey DarkestKnight,

I asked something very similar in the black magick section under ‘black mist and chakras’. From what I understand the black mist exercise is an alignment ritual. Whether it can also be used in attaining omnipotence in lieu of white light is something I will leave for the more experienced people here to answer. You will probably have more luck with EA answering this question if you post it on his facebook page… since this site is still in beta mode.

[quote=“Brutus, post:2, topic:567”]Hey DarkestKnight,

I asked something very similar in the black magick section under ‘black mist and chakras’. From what I understand the black mist exercise is an alignment ritual. Whether it can also be used in attaining omnipotence in lieu of white light is something I will leave for the more experienced people here to answer. You will probably have more luck with EA answering this question if you post it on his facebook page… since this site is still in beta mode.[/quote]
Thanks very much Brutus. I did read your post in the black magick section. I think I’m just having issues reconciling the concept of ‘Divine Light’ used in the Invocation of Omnipotence with the ‘Powers of Darkness.’ LOL Stupid duality :frowning:

I have the same issue. The two concepts (bringing in darkness, then light) seem to conflict with each other.

One of the key points of the invoking omnipotence exercise is to get yourself into the theta-gamma sync. If you can accomplish this by bringing in darkness (as opposed to light), while still becoming the center of the universe, there should be no problems.

If you are inexperienced with evocation, the system described in Evoking Eternity is much more detailed, so I would use it to fill in any knowledge you may have gaps from WoD. Once you are comfortable, you won’t need all the extra directions, but I think you’ll find the two to be pretty similar.

1 Like

Reading through some papers by Marcello Ramos Motta I found nice idea that can help to overcome that duality. It stays that our eyes are allowed to see only some range of light spectrum. Everything beyond and above this specific range we percieve as darkness, but it is still light though. Otherwise we couldn’t see far stars and things like that through satelites and radiotelescopes.