Evoking Silent hill characters

Has anyone tried to evoke Pyramid head, or Alessa Gillespie or other characters? How were they?

1 Like

Are you for real?

Also Samiel is a real mythological being that’s referenced in silent Hill, so I guess you could invoke him, pyramid head could just be any angel or demon of punishment or justice that could take that form to reflect something in the evokers mind or subconscious, so I don’t see why not, Alessa though is a fictional character with no real world spiritual counterparts, she’s also a human in the game so I don’t see why you’d be evoking her. It’s like evoking Luke Skywalker or Sonic the hedgehog.

However a lot of the demons and God’s in silent Hill could probably be evoked depending on how much you truly believe in them, and the writers for silent Hill took a lot of inspiration from real life occult, I say go for it and report back on your findings, maybe just don’t summon an angel of Justice in the form of pyramid head unless you want to be judged or something because I’ve heard that some angels are more than eager to punish foolish mortals for our arrogance.

1 Like

But couldnt you evoke or whatever because they are from/in the thought realm?

@MagickVigilante If I remember correctly, former member Micah did, so you might want to try a search for his “evocation blacklist.” He evoked all sorts of weirdness.

@LawrenceMurphy Practically anything can be evoked, including characters from pop culture. It’s a thing done regularly in the Chaos Magick paradigm.

5 Likes

Lol

I was thinking about silent hill just this morning.

This feels like a wierd sign/synchronicity…

1 Like

I saw that, but no characters from silent hill

Evoke Pyramid head, lol

Play the games as a form of pathworking maybe? :thinking:

Imo, silent hill has a lot to do with shadow work and coming to terms with what you don’t want to face and acknowledge.

Aside from all the spooky stuff.

Everyone that goes to silent hill basically experiences their own personal hell.

Edit:

This thread reminded me of a video I’d seen awhile back:

https://youtu.be/MThZ_zfgUvM

2 Likes

@MagickVigilante I believe this post belongs in the chaos magick section of the forum. Since you can do it too, I won’t move it, but I do suggest you to do it asap.

I have never thought to evoke a character from Silent Hill, but I do use the soundtracks to put me in a specific state of mind for shadow work.

What would you evoke them for?

(Spoiler ahead if you haven’t finished SH2)

I mean, Pyramid Head was only there because James felt that he was deserving of punishment for what he did. It was only when he found out what happened that he turned and faced Pyramid Head, having decided that he wouldn’t punish himself anymore, that he didn’t need him anymore.

I just wonder what would be the use in evoking them when they served these specific roles and how you would apply it to your life in a meaningful way.

If you evoked him, would it be so that you could punish yourself? If there is nothing you feel you’ve done deserving of torment, would Pyramid Head just fail to appear for you? His appearance is based off of the executioners of Silent Hill, so would you end up just meeting that aspect?

Even when Pyramid Head “killed” Maria, it was only symbolizing James killing his wife.

Unless you’ve done something that really makes you hate yourself, and you feel you need to face it and overcome it (after a period of self torment) then I guess I fail to see how it would work.

Is it possible to just evoke them as a character in a game rather than approaching it with what they were and what they served as in the game?

I wonder, man.

I feel that Maria would be the most evokable (new word I just invented).

Perhaps I’m thinking too deeply into this, but it’s your fault because you brought up my all time favorite and most dear to me games :relieved::heart:

1 Like