Evoking Raziel

In Mastering Evocation, E.A. has us using an inverted red pentagram with a black background. Is this also recommended when evoking an angel such as Raziel? I am speaking about the affirmation of the pact with the incantation…he wants us to meditate for a few days to gather power. Is it acceptable to to use the same image to tap into the angelic as well, the more demonic or is it just a matter of perspective?

Also, lets just suppose that its preferred that the pentagram be upright. Is it more proper to change the colors? Say white and red instead of black and red, for example?

What about throwing out the pentagrams and just doing a sigil for Raziel. What about the colors in that case?

Thanks!

I’d personally avoid using that with angels if you have any doubts, maybe do a simple Tarot reading, or dowse over it with a pendulum beforehand to find out if it will work.

I’m saying that because what you believe may affect the manifestation, and therefore, how the angel reacts - I’m going to be lazy and copy in something I wrote before on this:

You know how, to get online and view a website, you need a program called a browser?

You can set browsers to make all the text on sites come out a specific way, you can block javascript (which gives a lot of the interactive functionality & other aspects on a web page, and blocking it can totally cripple the way some sites display) - and the belief you take into any magickal interaction seems to be like that.

It seems to affect what kind of manifestation you get, including limiting some of the ways the spirit will act, or what it will say to you.

Note that even with 25+ years experience in magick, I’m still only saying “seems to be” because I wouldn’t presume to know it all.

So, belief isn’t a passive thing, in magick - it can affect what you get delivered to you!

3 Likes

I hear ya. Thanks.

The trickiest part is that we don’t even know what we truly believe. What you believe in your conscious mind could be the opposite of your subconscious opinion on the matter.

For an example, maybe you think you’ve shed your christian influenced prejudice against demons, but deep down you still see them as evil and you don’t even realize it.

1 Like