Evoking "ficional characters" for the first time

So want to try evoking Buffy Summers and some of her friends from Buffy the Vampire Slayer to try to talk to them and all but what would be the best way to do it and safest way so its actually them and not something else i don’t want?

2 Likes

They exist as egregores on the astral plane, but I suspect they also exist in their own dimension.

2 Likes

Buffy was/is a popular character for evocation. You can use whatever method you have had success with.

One possible way to do it is to create a sigil for her and open it.

Do a search of Chaos magick on the web. I know there are articles about evoking Buffy.

Also look into Taylor Ellwod’s books Pop Culture Magick and The Pop Culture Grimoire.

4 Likes

Well, i haven’t really tried evoking anything yet but i was wanting to with her and Xander and Willow and her other friends so i wanted to know the best and safest way to do it with hopeful physical appearance and everything in the “real world”.

As I said, you can use any method of evocation. Search this forum. There is a ton of diverse methods for evocation described here. Choose one and start learning the basics.

Read Taylor Ellwood’s book on using Pop Culture figures. He also has an article in an anthology called Pop Goes The Witch, called “Invoking Buffy,” in which he describes how he worked with her as a godform.

You really need to understand what you will be working with, as well as need to know the principles of evocation, so get researching. The search function is the little magnifying glass in the top right of the screen.

1 Like

Can i for example look at the Buffy the Vampire Slayer logo and ask for Buffy Summers, Xander Harris, Willow Rosenberg ect, to come to me in full physical and beholdable form so i can see them and talk to them in this world and they should show up?

No, because you seem to have no idea what you are doing. I gave you advice on how to properly learn to evoke, which you seem to be ignoring. Magick is not like the movies and television shows. You don’t just speak some gibberish words and poof! a demon stands before you.

Buffy and other Pop Culture characters are egregores, meaning they don’t exist independent from people who believe in them.

You need to learn how to enter an altered state, which is required for magick.
You need to learn how to see and hear spirits, which requires developing your senses through practice. Otherwise, you might very well succeed in calling up something but wouldn’t know it, even if it was breathing fire in your face.

3 Likes

So has anyone tried to evoke her before? I’m sure she should be nice to call up seeing as how she’s a heroine who’s protected and saved the world countless times before.

Different to each individual.

1 Like

The evocation is different for everyone you mean or evoking her is different for each person?

I’d say the how to evoke, how the egregore acts to you appears to you is all a unique manifestation to the practitioner utilizing her or any fictional character.

Hell, I believe that applies to most spirits tbh.

1 Like