Evokation/Invokation work every night?

I sometimes; just wanna go some days without ‘working’- also helps not run outta supplies. but do not wanna seem like an insincere slacker who asks for things- or whatever; but not willing to invest to get it. I will always enter my Sanctum, couple times a day and say thanks, maybe light an incense- ‘chat’, but not formal. I kinda feel They respect us to the degree we respect us; whereas the bible guy who claims to be no respector of persons says feed my ass every day or i will add it to your 365 sins blah blah.

I would go every night- but even in the best of times- it can be fatiguing. And if you keep your brain working things when you are not submerged in ritual- that really is ritual anyway- incense or not.

Just like to hear wise and experianced opinions
Thanks

I think some contact everyday is very important, it doesn’t have to be full-on evocation to visible appearance with clouds of smoke at all (in fact I don’t know how long anyone could manage that, daily), but staying in the corridor so to speak…

I’m pretty sure Dynamism - the speed and force with which you pursue your goals - is a “law” (or at least a strong factor) in successful magick, the relatively few occasions in recent years when I’ve slacked off too much I seemed to lose more momentum than just the time-out should have accounted for - I think the spirits love a trier and dynamic effort that doesn’t relent is appreciated.

That said, sometimes there are valid reasons for people to take a complete time-out to reflect, whatever, but personally I’d say unless you have a strong reason for that, keep it up even just with some study everyday or whatever, a simple one-sided conversation addressed their way, and don’t let the pace drop.

JMO and I’m certain I don’t have all the answers, this is just something I’ve seen strongly favoured in my life and that of friends whose practice and development I’ve followed closely. :slight_smile:

As I see it - and through my own experiences - acknowledgement, recognition and confirmation is an important part of life. A psychological affirmation is what motivates us, gives us a purpose to grow and develop. Without it, we slowly dissapear in a void of nothingness and of a “nonexistense” while the world around us keep spinning.

A spirit or an entity functions in the same method, and could slowly fade away if we didn’t recognize them, affirm them or acknowledge them in their coexistense with our physical dimension. And it can be just as devestating for them, as it can be for us.

If you want the wheel to keep moving, you have to spin it, keep it in motion.

Personally i find it very hard to do spiritual practices everyday, because i usually feel quite drainer afterwards… Like after a small ritual “ritualistic prayer/contact” what i would call it , i felt the same as i had done some physical excersise or vomited recently or something… Drains my mental power? idk, also i still felt quite tired after sleeping since i had spiritually inspired dreams because of my “prayer/ritual” but i guess it only means that its doing something seriously…

That depends on your definition of “practice” and what affect it causes you. I probably would take a few days break if the same thing happened to me, but since our experiences and goals probably isn’t similar, we approach it individually and differently.

My own contact with entities is consistent and always present, and to keep that same consistency is to “feed” it to stay active and present. Less targeted thought, or shared emotions weakens their energies and their presence. That doesn’t mean I’m right, but that’s how I see it from my perspective and experiences.

I’m doing invocations everyday.Plus the energy work.I wanted to open a thread about going overload and the consequences of it but i haven’t noticed any unwanted effects so far.
The energy drain is an issue of course but i discovered that the navel chakra can do the job…Charge it,stir it and your energy is back…At least it’s working for me…

[quote=“dron, post:6, topic:4865”]I’m doing invocations everyday.Plus the energy work.I wanted to open a thread about going overload and the consequences of it but i haven’t noticed any unwanted effects so far.
The energy drain is an issue of course but i discovered that the navel chakra can do the job…Charge it,stir it and your energy is back…At least it’s working for me…[/quote]

Interesting comment(s) about the “energy drain” state. I posted a question here about this:

[url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/qa-with-e-a/magickal-fatigue/]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/qa-with-e-a/magickal-fatigue/[/url]

Is the “drain” a good indicator of substantial contact. I think that it is.

Like the comments above I too try to maintain a “light” contact on a day-to-day basis.

The last 2 weeks i went crazy with planetary calls,NAP,and some other entities…At least 2 invocations per day and i remember i did 4 on one day.Lakshmi,ganesha,saints,angels,you name it.
I was exposing my energy centers to different energies everyday.Maybe it’s stupid but i can’t stop.I want to practise everyday.The only downfall is the ‘‘fatigue’’ you described.Contacting entities can drain your energies but the good news is that you can restore them.

[quote=“dron, post:8, topic:4865”]The last 2 weeks i went crazy with planetary calls,NAP,and some other entities…At least 2 invocations per day and i remember i did 4 on one day.Lakshmi,ganesha,saints,angels,you name it.
I was exposing my energy centers to different energies everyday.Maybe it’s stupid but i can’t stop.I want to practise everyday.The only downfall is the ‘‘fatigue’’ you described.Contacting entities can drain your energies but the good news is that you can restore them.[/quote]

With me its simply a rest for a few days. As I said in my QA question, I find my contact with Enochian entities are the ones that hit me the most, although it is usually well worth the effort in terms of information and effect.

It would be interesting to hear of your method to restore energy.

Don’t know about enochian entities but i’ve heard that they have 10 times the energy compare to other entities.This is enough for me to stay away…
As for the energy restoration,the navel chakra is the one to go for…
As robert bruce says,the navel chakra acts as a storage center.
I can’t speak in absolutes but it worked for me.Charging the navel for 10 minutes gives me enough energy to stimulate the rest of them.But i have to start from the navel.Also if i charge it with the fire element it’s even better.It holds the energy and makes me feel stable and strong…

I use pore breathing teqniques,sweeping orange light from my feet to the navel,stiring in and out and from side to side and many other ways that my mind is producing.(sometimes i 'm throwing lazer beams from my finger) etc…

‘‘Energy work’’ by Robert bruce contains all you need to know about chakras and energy work.It’s a very good book with practising teqniques

[quote=“dron, post:10, topic:4865”]Don’t know about enochian entities but i’ve heard that they have 10 times the energy compare to other entities.This is enough for me to stay away…
As for the energy restoration,the navel chakra is the one to go for…
As robert bruce says,the navel chakra acts as a storage center.
I can’t speak in absolutes but it worked for me.Charging the navel for 10 minutes gives me enough energy to stimulate the rest of them.But i have to start from the navel.Also if i charge it with the fire element it’s even better.It holds the energy and makes me feel stable and strong…

I use pore breathing teqniques,sweeping orange light from my feet to the navel,stiring in and out and from side to side and many other ways that my mind is producing.(sometimes i 'm throwing lazer beams from my finger) etc…

‘‘Energy work’’ by Robert bruce contains all you need to know about chakras and energy work.It’s a very good book with practising teqniques[/quote]

Sounds interesting I’ll give it a shot. Thanks.

I’ve been on a ketogenic diet (monitored 2 - 3 times a day) for the past 2 months and as a result my blood sugar levels are stable, since I’m not eating carbs in large amounts and causing spikes and crashes.

My bod’s making exactly as much glucose it needs and since I’m feeling very healthy and all my tests are cool, it seems to be doing a good job of it.

After a HEAVY piece of work, despite the fact I’m not physically active, my blood sugar appears to crash and I feel shaky and hungry, even when I’ve recently eaten plenty in terms of calories and macros of protein, fat, and even vitamins.

I did notice this before when I was eating in a more carb-heavy regular way, but attributed it to genuine hunger and not some apparently unique change in my otherwise-stable circulating levels of blood sugar… and right now, I eat the same kind of amounts at the same times relative to my sleep/wake schedule, and days where I eat the same & work out the same but DON’T do anything heavy, these crashes don’t happen.

I’m not a scientist so maybe I’m missing something obvious, but this is weird, and getting a fright about something (bad news that turned out not to be) and sex & exercise - all of which alter my pulse etc., plus getting a fright must have dumped a ton of adrenaline, and yet they don’t have the same effect, this seems to be almost unqiue to heavier work like visible evocations, etc.

Weird, huh? :slight_smile:

I’ve been on a ketogenic diet (monitored 2 - 3 times a day) for the past 2 months and as a result my blood sugar levels are stable, since I’m not eating carbs in large amounts and causing spikes and crashes.

My bod’s making exactly as much glucose it needs and since I’m feeling very healthy and all my tests are cool, it seems to be doing a good job of it.

After a HEAVY piece of work, despite the fact I’m not physically active, my blood sugar appears to crash and I feel shaky and hungry, even when I’ve recently eaten plenty in terms of calories and macros of protein, fat, and even vitamins.

I did notice this before when I was eating in a more carb-heavy regular way, but attributed it to genuine hunger and not some apparently unique change in my otherwise-stable circulating levels of blood sugar… and right now, I eat the same kind of amounts at the same times relative to my sleep/wake schedule, and days where I eat the same & work out the same but DON’T do anything heavy, these crashes don’t happen.

I’m not a scientist so maybe I’m missing something obvious, but this is weird, and getting a fright about something (bad news that turned out not to be) and sex & exercise - all of which alter my pulse etc., plus getting a fright must have dumped a ton of adrenaline, and yet they don’t have the same effect, this seems to be almost unqiue to heavier work like visible evocations, etc.

Weird, huh? :)[/quote]

Yes interesting. Sounds a bit similar to what happens to me. Normally, without any magickal work my system is stable. After my operation “crash” I tend to take B-vits and C-vits and drink lots of Green Tea. This seems to help, although maybe I should take them before!

One thing that is consistent is de-hydration, and I realise that about a couple of days later that I am dehydrated. It takes that long for it to sink into my head!

As you say, perhaps some nutritional factor in the diet is missing, or maybe the intensity of an evocation is just that, and like physical exercise some recovery is required.

Yes, the evocations to visible appearance seem to be the main culprit, lighter stuff does not cause this (for me at least). I expect the physical evocations must take energy from the operators system in order to form. With that in mind: I don’t use a manifestation base, I wonder if that might make a difference? Do you use a base?

I’ve intentionally not been doing anything different afterwards as far as diet goes, I wanted to see how long it took my body to replace its mysteriously missing glucose (which, since the brain is the major user of glucose, may be what’s causing this) - I feel stable and even elated after about 2 hours but am aware of a nagging craving for junk food, or even things like honey, later on - I guess the deficit remains active for a while.

With that in mind: I don't use a manifestation base, I wonder if that might make a difference? Do you use a base?

I almost never use incense or resin smoke because it makes me feel ill, I get sinus problems from it, so I mainly use shadows cast by a silk-flame lamp into a corner, or physical bases like statues and images, or nothing at all, just dim candlelight and clairvoyance.

This is what I learned (the long and hard way) as a child when I wanted to talk to spirits, and it just works for our lifestyle, where we do all magickal work in the same room we eat, watch TV, do a lot of mundane work, and also sleep in.

Maybe the spirits are nipping a mouthful of lovely blood sugar in lieu of incense? It’s interesting as an idea, I can’t remember where but I know there have been at least 2 posts on here by experienced magicians about the importance of the transformation of the incense to smoke as part of the “fuel” for the evo., in an alchemical manner, and because I work in a less boundary-oriented way with spirits, maybe they’re helping themselves to literal life-fuel… it MAYBE fits, I don’t know.

I believe I’ve read that in vodou, some spirits feed off the alcohol the devotee drinks, so that the person remains basically sober whilst drinking heroic amounts of rum?

When I tried to remove much of the dross from the evocation procedures presented in the old grimoires in order to pull together a technique for myself, the first thing that I dropped was plumes of incense smoke flowing over the speculum or in the area of the triangle. My criteria was simple: I wanted to see the spirits with my inner vision, not be distracted by smoke that might form itself into spirit like shapes. Easy to see castles in the clouds kind of stuff. With that out of the way, indeed I did see with my inner vision. However, did I throw the baby out with the bath water?

What about this as a hypothesis:

As a physical manifestation begins, the spirit has got to grab physical matter from somewhere to form a shell of some kind. The most easy form of physical matter is going to be electrically charged particles present in the room etc. So thinking about it in a purely physical sense, incense smoke is a plume of electrically particles, filling an area. The area from an electrical point of view has now become a charged battery, and hence the spirit has available electrical energy to manifest.

Perhaps if such a battery is not present, then the energy is going to get taken from the next best available source: the bio-energetic field of the operator. And of course, bang, the operator gets “burnt out”.

QED

I think I’ll try this, putting the incense burner somewhere out of my field of vision, so it does not get tied into the scrying process. If incense cannot be used, what about using an ioniser as a source of electrical particles?

Of course working in a natural environment, i.e. among trees and next to flowing water there is an abundance of free electrical energy. I wonder if the “burn-out” is less likely working outside. Tom Leithbridge examined this type of thing (not the “burn-out”), way back, from a dowsers perspective and many of his ideas got me thinking about the more electrical aspects of magick. Especially concerning his Dryad, Oread, Niriad “fields”.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Charles_Lethbridge

For me the physical manifestation kind of creeps up on me slowly over the period of the operation. So like that, I never really know just how physical it is going to get. Maybe flooding the room with incense smoke will force it to be physical, just like Konstantinos, Koetting et al. say.

It would be interesting to hear from the other folks in this thread who are getting fatigued as to whether they use a manifestation base or not, just to eliminate my ideas above.