Evocation - Reusing candles...?

As a rule - I always use new candles for spells, however - I’ve considered reusing 4 black candles I use for evocation, but not tried it yet.

Has anyone tried it before? What are your thoughts or/and results?

Zero

The more you work with the candles the more power and life you bring to it. Try this, before you spark your next candle name it give it life in meditation upon the end of this focused meditation prick your finger. Places your blood on the candle this will bring life to your works. Think about it…

I’ve reused candles and nothing bad has happened. Offering vessels are a different story, though. If I use a shot glass for an offering to a specific spirit, than that particular glass is for that spirit only.

Go ahead. For evocation or meditation, it’s prefectly okay to reuse the candles. It’s only reusing them for multi purpose spells that causes the energy conflicts.

Some thoughts on candle use:

1. Dedicated GENERAL USE candles… for general rituals or those rituals that you feel are not he big important ones, or the ones that need extra special care.

2. Specialized Use Candles - You can dedicate also a specific candle to a multitude of a certain type of Rituals (i.e. candles for monetary blessings, influence, etc).

3. Dedicated Specialized Ritual Candle - You can use this candle where you just light it until it burns down, or you only keep it lit while doing a ritual. This type of candle you would do your own personalized things with it. I.e. Dressing the candle, or Carving your Intent/Desire/Will into the Candle. The reason you burn it straight from morning until night (with dropping into your temple every now and then to pray) is that because you are signaling to your subconscious to keep the ritual power going 24/7. The constant burning is just a symbolic action of that intent. As this is a one-shot candle it isn’t Re-useable.

So the reasons for dividing the candle usage up like this is because you are responsible for creating your own energetic boundries for your Intent to manifest… hopefully so there are no conflicts.

[quote=“Subject_Zero, post:1, topic:6792”]As a rule - I always use new candles for spells, however - I’ve considered reusing 4 black candles I use for evocation, but not tried it yet.

Has anyone tried it before? What are your thoughts or/and results?[/quote]

Depends on whether the evocations are harmonius, I wouldn’t use anything I’ve used whilst evoking a spirit for baneful work, for another purpose, but honestly I’d err on the side of caution because the spirit might consider those candles to be his or hers, since they were burned as part of the rite of bringing their presence tangibly into our reality, and get angry that they’re re-used in another situation.

I label mine and avoid re-use whenever possible.