Evocation of Raphael

Hey BALG,

A year ago a took part in a challenge by famed occult author Andrieh Vitimus. The challenge was simple, pick a spirit and work with it for 30 days. I chose the Archangel Raphael.

Prepwork I took about 2 weeks before hand to research Raphael. I spent that time reading, researching, collecting items for the evocation, and praying. At Andrieh’s suggestion I made an altar for Raphael, not for worship, but as a way of letting the archangel (and myself) know that while I was at the altar Raphael had my full attention. I cleaned out the room that would be my temple room and set his altar up. I made it chest high, and adorned it with things that corresponded to Raphael, along with a dark mirror.

Ritual I would start each ritual with a shower. I used that time to let go of my stress and start to focus on the work. I would dry myself and dress in clean clothes, then head to my temple room.

I would then preform the LBRP, BRH, and MP and then turn my attention to the altar. The altar was just off-center in the room. I would draw a circle with an oak wand around myself and then a triangle around the altar ala “Evoking Eternity”.

I would then begin my conjurations. I would vibrate Raphael’s name and used the framework found in “Hands on Chaos Magick” to make my own conjuration for Raphael. It included calling him by the names of the Abrahamic God and calling him by virtue of his qualities and attributes. I found that he REALLY liked it when I laid on the praise of his attributes.

The first few times I made sure to ask the spirit who appeared in my mirror for its identity. Funny enough it never said “I am Raphael.” instead I got “I am he whom you called to, I am he whose name means ‘God heals’ …hear me.” or “I am he who stretches forth his hand forth he presence of the Almighty, to Earth.” I then would ask for his signature or seal, which he provided.

Here is an entry from my journal of one of the evocations:
"[i]he imagery took a weird turn today. No more caduceus, instead I saw a lot of strange nasty looking bugs. They looked as though they were trapped in glass of my scrying mirror, but they were desperately trying to reach me. I had no doubt that these mutant insects were hungry and that they wanted very much to devour me. I kept getting glances of something behind the bugs, it looked like the Virgin Mary but I could see her chakra’s. It was hard to tell as the bugs made sure to obscure my view. Every time I would try to get a good look at the figure, the bugs would move and get in my line of sight.

I was intrigued about this almost bad-acid-trippy vision and I almost forgot that I was trying to get a hold of Raphael. I began my oration of his qualities (I do this every time I evoke him now. It is the only way I can get him to really show up. I think he really just likes having me sweet talk him) and he finally showed up. There was no doubt that it was Raphael but he appeared in a menacing suit of armor that the bugs seemed to cower before. I have always thought of him as a healer not a warrior, so I wanted to know what was going on.

I asked Raphael to explain the images I was seeing and he told me that the insects are what human addictions and vices look like. The ones “trapped” in my mirror were mine. Raphael went on to explain that I need to watch myself or my vices will devour me. Since I started working with Raphael (even though it has not been very long) many of my vices don’t seem as fun, I still do them I just don’t enjoy it as much. Raphael explained that just as a wall can only keep out an invading force for so long before it crumbles to dust, so to can my resisting my vices only work so long until I give in during a moment of weakness. To really beat my vices I will have to go on the offensive (hence his suit of armor). He told me to find a way to go on the offensive.

I asked about the Chakra Virgin Mary, and Raphael told me that it was a secret and that I would only get to know her when I had cleared up the issues with my vices. So it might take me longer than 30 days to figure out what that was all about.[/i]"

All in all he quickly became my favorite angelic being to work with.

Stay frosty,
Orismen

15 Likes

Oh man, that is one sweet post! Thank you! :slight_smile:

The thing is that bugs are exactly what vices, or outright addictions, look like to me when I’ve done healing work (and it’s a common representation within core shamanic practice) - lots of little nibblers eating away at the life-force of the person. And because, as a general rule, the universe favours “More life” (my upg anyway + the concept behind a lot of New Thought stuff) that’s why they grow and grow, and even branch off out into new directions.

And Raphael is amazing, for anyone still having doubts about angelic beings (and specifically, angels who might be related to Judeo-Xian stuff), he’s stepped up and worked with me like a champ, and I’m heavily opposed to monotheism and have also always been dabbling with magick and animism + polytheism since I was like 5 years old, and also only met him properly when I was working with Ahriman, so this angel is pure to his cause and purpose, and totally not going to snub anyone due to them not fitting some framework of types of faith, praxis, or belief.

3 Likes

Is he really able to cure, what seems uncurable?
Some chronić diseases and that sort of things.

[quote=“dellamage, post:3, topic:3191”]Is he really able to cure, what seems uncurable?
Some chronić diseases and that sort of things.[/quote]

Well I have never asked him to cure anything that I would have considered incurable. Then again I have never had the occasion to either. I would talk to him and find out if I were you, just be aware he LOVES to talk :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha don’t worry, i am unable to talk with spirits, what in fact makes me said, but at least it’s one good point if it :smiley:

Great post Orismen!
This reminds me of something Belial told me the other day.

I’ve been working with him off and on and he’s given me a few exercises to do.

When I called him yo help me out with something he basically told me “I’ve given you ways to handle these situations on your own.If you don’t utilize them how are you suppose to bring situations under your control?”

I did one of the bindings he taught me and asked him to increase my aura to where I could become more dominant in a situation even if it SEEMS I’m not in control.

So far the situation is resolving itself slowly but surely.

Kind of like Raphael telling you that YOU need to bring your vices under control if you want his help.

Spirits are there to help for sure but we have to put in the work.

Thanks for the reminder brother!

MK

1 Like

I love Raphael. Every time I work with him, he comes through blazingly. His energy is so warm and full of love and comfort. To be honest, I haven’t worked with him for reasons other than healing and protection, but no doubt the spectrum of abilities of this angel are vast. Great post, Orismen.

1 Like

It’s funny that you said that about vices.

Not too long after you posted that, I had a crazy experience.

I went to close a window at night that freaks out my cat, and as I went to close the blinds…

I saw a face turn and look at me in the glass, and when it saw that I saw it, it backed off. and that same sort of flies on the window pane kind of thing also.

Best of Luck,
-Frater Apotheosis

[quote=“Orismen, post:1, topic:3191”]Hey BALG,

A year ago a took part in a challenge by famed occult author Andrieh Vitimus. The challenge was simple, pick a spirit and work with it for 30 days. I chose the Archangel Raphael.

Prepwork I took about 2 weeks before hand to research Raphael. I spent that time reading, researching, collecting items for the evocation, and praying. At Andrieh’s suggestion I made an altar for Raphael, not for worship, but as a way of letting the archangel (and myself) know that while I was at the altar Raphael had my full attention. I cleaned out the room that would be my temple room and set his altar up. I made it chest high, and adorned it with things that corresponded to Raphael, along with a dark mirror.

Ritual I would start each ritual with a shower. I used that time to let go of my stress and start to focus on the work. I would dry myself and dress in clean clothes, then head to my temple room.

I would then preform the LBRP, BRH, and MP and then turn my attention to the altar. The altar was just off-center in the room. I would draw a circle with an oak wand around myself and then a triangle around the altar ala “Evoking Eternity”.

I would then begin my conjurations. I would vibrate Raphael’s name and used the framework found in “Hands on Chaos Magick” to make my own conjuration for Raphael. It included calling him by the names of the Abrahamic God and calling him by virtue of his qualities and attributes. I found that he REALLY liked it when I laid on the praise of his attributes.

The first few times I made sure to ask the spirit who appeared in my mirror for its identity. Funny enough it never said “I am Raphael.” instead I got “I am he whom you called to, I am he whose name means ‘God heals’ …hear me.” or “I am he who stretches forth his hand forth he presence of the Almighty, to Earth.” I then would ask for his signature or seal, which he provided.

Here is an entry from my journal of one of the evocations:
"[i]he imagery took a weird turn today. No more caduceus, instead I saw a lot of strange nasty looking bugs. They looked as though they were trapped in glass of my scrying mirror, but they were desperately trying to reach me. I had no doubt that these mutant insects were hungry and that they wanted very much to devour me. I kept getting glances of something behind the bugs, it looked like the Virgin Mary but I could see her chakra’s. It was hard to tell as the bugs made sure to obscure my view. Every time I would try to get a good look at the figure, the bugs would move and get in my line of sight.

I was intrigued about this almost bad-acid-trippy vision and I almost forgot that I was trying to get a hold of Raphael. I began my oration of his qualities (I do this every time I evoke him now. It is the only way I can get him to really show up. I think he really just likes having me sweet talk him) and he finally showed up. There was no doubt that it was Raphael but he appeared in a menacing suit of armor that the bugs seemed to cower before. I have always thought of him as a healer not a warrior, so I wanted to know what was going on.

I asked Raphael to explain the images I was seeing and he told me that the insects are what human addictions and vices look like. The ones “trapped” in my mirror were mine. Raphael went on to explain that I need to watch myself or my vices will devour me. Since I started working with Raphael (even though it has not been very long) many of my vices don’t seem as fun, I still do them I just don’t enjoy it as much. Raphael explained that just as a wall can only keep out an invading force for so long before it crumbles to dust, so to can my resisting my vices only work so long until I give in during a moment of weakness. To really beat my vices I will have to go on the offensive (hence his suit of armor). He told me to find a way to go on the offensive.

I asked about the Chakra Virgin Mary, and Raphael told me that it was a secret and that I would only get to know her when I had cleared up the issues with my vices. So it might take me longer than 30 days to figure out what that was all about.[/i]"

All in all he quickly became my favorite angelic being to work with.

Stay frosty,
Orismen[/quote]

Did Raphael give you any further advice/wisdom about going on the offensive to control your vices?

2 Likes

He let me figure that out myself. He always shows up to help and offer wisdom, but I think he wants me to figure it out myself.

For example I stopped drinking for a whole after working with Raphael because I thought it was becoming a vice. I soon realized that alcohol was not my problem, just the quantity I consumed. So I found my limit and have kept to it.

Though he has done a lot for me health wise and helped me with a few other things.

1 Like

Nice post. I am currently only working with Raphael… He is the only energy I am focused on. A lot of Damon Brands stuff is useful but ultimately it comes down to me going into a state where we can converse.

1 Like

Why did you choose Raphael? In what way has he been helpful? Can you describe what it is like to dialogue with him?

I am a beginner. The idea of chatting with an archangel blows my mind!

1 Like

If you wanted a full head start,get this book by Damon Brand Archangels Of Magick.
You will get to understand a lot of stuff about Archangels and how great and powerful they are?

Just try it. Good luck!

2 Likes

Can you ask Raphael to heal a friend?

Yes!
Sure

1 Like

I want someone who willing to help a fren here, can u help me out with Raphael?