Evocation and death

I’m arguing with a friend of mine.
Can someone die during an evocation?
Or right after, because of energy or something else like misrespecting the spirit before you?

1 Like

I’ve heard it reported by YouTube ceremonial magicians. cab’t remember what video though

2 Likes

40 years ago a man wished to do an evocation of Satan from a book and wrote to a magazine. I remember the warning by a magician: “That book is not one of the best, do you think it’s so simple to summon Satan? It’s necessary to be an initiate, studying many years under a master. Don’t be unwary because you could be destroyed” etc.
In fact, besides the eventuality of danger direcly related to Spirits (the issue, maybe false, about demons attacking with fire, devouring or strangling the evoker), there are alterations due to Magic itself, since it may and should produce alterations, and possible mental backlash.

There’s a lot of bullshit and fear-mongering about evocation and demons in general.

There are some people who claim to be “experienced” yet their experiences run contrary to the positive experiences that many people have with demons.

2 Likes

Generally, find out what you’ll be working with and act accordingly (including preparations) and with respect, that should dissuade most things from causing any problems.

But yes, there are some things more dangerous than others just by their very nature however you’d have to really fuck up to die during an evocation.

1 Like