Everything about souls. please share your information!

This is an open discussion about souls.

What are souls? Where do they come from? What can you do with souls? What happens to person without a soul or spirit? Do the gods create souls

1 Like

The Symposium has some cool ideas on souls. Some of these seem entangled with Egyptian ideas.

Some traditions (South American that Iā€™m aware of) hold that there are 7 souls each one with a different ā€˜purposeā€™ so to speak.

In my world view, you canā€™t not have a spirit or soul. I didnā€™t use the term sould for along time, but Iā€™ve decided on waht it means in a way that works with my worldview now.

Basically, a spirit is the spark, the sentient packet of energy that is the core of a being.

Then, quite often, for various reasons usually to do with manifesting, a spirit will incarnate into some kind of body. That body may be another denser energetic form, or all the way down to physical, the densest form you can get.

In the tibetan system, to become human is a long process where the spirit takes on several bodies to get into denser and denser forms until you get into human form, which is several lighter bodies plus the physical all together.

So you have a physical body, and a energy body, astral.mental. emotional and a couple of higher forms all together. On top of this you also have the human animal bodies own spirit.

This is why I think of humans as ā€œaggregateā€ or ā€œgestaltā€ beings. We have a lot of parts to us and multiple minds that all work together. This combination, minus the physical shell is a ā€œsoulā€.

The difference then, between soul and spirit is complexity and how deeply incarnated it is.

A human body is dead without a spiirt. There is no soul in dead flesh.

I havenā€™t fully decided if I think a human animal can walk about and be mentally competent without a spirit. If it can, then you have a dying thing that is going though the motions but has no purpose and is continuing only what it knows, like a chicken with itā€™s head cut off can still run around for a bit.

What can happen I think, is that the integration isnā€™t complete or becomes broken, and the spirit is not able to correctly communicate, or the animal mind cannot communicate, so the being does not have full access to all human capabilities.

This is what I think happens with Psychopaths who cannot feel fear, love, compassion, etcā€¦ the lack of emotions may be due to incomplete integration with their spirit and insufficient connection into the emotional body, or maybe a broken emotional body, which, like when docking lambs tails, falls away without nourishment from spirit. This is why people talk about them as having no souls, they do, they just donā€™t work like the ones for people who are completely incarnated properly.

4 Likes

The Norse/Germanic worldview on this subject is quite similar to this

1 Like

Souls are a gestation of psychic energy. Everything has a spirit but souls are rather rare but are just cocoons for something even greater than just a mere soul or common spirit. This is why they are so valuable and rare as they are raw power and not everything has a soul growing in it or at least not one of any decent quality. Though it depends on how you want to define a soul.

To my information the soul can act indepently from the magicians psyche and is rarely if ever felt by regular people. It can grant your power infuse all past live memories to your conshiousness and many more abilities

Sounds more like the belief of a higher self than a soul. I find both common beliefs rather faulty though. At the same time my methods and explorations are anything but occult orthodoxy at the same time to it is hard to translate between streams of thought at times given the radical tangents my path takes in my work.