Environment & Spirits

K… So this could as well be called just another of my retarded questions… But if you have spirits on your life, or you are wanting to talk with spirits, or just to do magic. Does the environment matter?

Does it matter to the extent, that the spirits/forces are going to be pissed if you have very messy house or any such details? Or are these just what humans care about.

I just have been thinking about this for a long time, so i had to finally ask.

In my experience the environment matters in at least two ways.

1. If the environment distracts you from getting into the correct state for communication then it matters. For example I didn’t find much success trying to meditate when I was in a house where we had tons of people over partying watching a live band.

2. Some spirits have a goal or agenda about cleanliness and order. For example when I worked with Lakshmi, I found that she would respond much more quickly and strongly when I made sure the room I was in was neat and clean. Since that is part of her nature, to reward those who take care of what they have, so they can be worthy of having more. I’m sure there are other spirits who wouldn’t care about the environment, or would want it different, like at a crossroads, or graveyard, etc.

So overall it matters that you have the environment at least that allows you to get in state, and not distracting you. Then also it helps to have your environment supportive of the particular spirits you’re working with.

For example, an altar, seal, sigil and incense are ways to kind of make a mini environment that is aligned with a spirit or spirits.

Thank you for this answer, oh yeah… i never actually even tried incense? i should have some… i think i just happened to find some old ones from some old bag… But anyways, yeah i guess you are right - the uncleanliness is a distraction, and there probably isn’t any spirit who is going to like that.

i also read in a book from josephine mccarthy that you have too keep clean your working space.no paintings,statues,dolls with eyes and mouth, tedy bears, pics, etc.
because it’s possible for some astray energies to possess them.

[quote=“dron, post:4, topic:3667”]i also read in a book from josephine mccarthy that you have too keep clean your working space.no paintings,statues,dolls with eyes and mouth, tedy bears, pics, etc.
because it’s possible for some astray energies to possess them.[/quote]

K i’m pretty fucked here, because i have a statue and a picture on my so called altar, which is more like nightable with many layers… But what would it exactly mean in reality if those energies possessed some of my objects?

i don’t know for sure black flame.i think i saw on another forum something about a possessed teddy bear.wizardforums i think.

i believe it’s a good idea to keep almost naked your working space.this way you have full control of it.i would love an empty room with only a circle and an altar.

[quote=“Black Flame, post:5, topic:3667”][quote=“dron, post:4, topic:3667”]i also read in a book from josephine mccarthy that you have too keep clean your working space.no paintings,statues,dolls with eyes and mouth, tedy bears, pics, etc.
because it’s possible for some astray energies to possess them.[/quote]

K i’m pretty fucked here, because i have a statue and a picture on my so called altar, which is more like nightable with many layers… But what would it exactly mean in reality if those energies possessed some of my objects?[/quote]

As long as the statues and pictures you have there are aligned with what you’re doing it’s fine. One way many people do it is to wrap up their stuff in a cloth when then they are not using them, and then take them out when they do rituals.

What it might mean if some non aligned energy got in them would be that stuff wouldn’t work the way it normally should. Kind of like when people you don’t particularly care for are visiting. They tend to interfere with the routine of things and bring their own problems into the space, disrupting the flow.

I have a friend who has been a Witch for a long time. The last time I visited her I slept in a room she had set aside for guests that was loaded with shelves of statues and dolls, etc. It was very creepy and unsettling until I got used to it. I’m pretty sure those were all inhabited by spirits under her control, but it was a fine example of the opposite end of the spectrum.