Empathy Art Gallery

This is an attempt at an empathy project I’ve been formulating. I will post images of manifestations of artistic intent which are known to cause polarisation on the surface but have the potential to unify if certain unknown and conducive conditions are met.

I ask that people be open and honest about what they see, feel and experience for each image, and engage in discourse with others.

Edvard Munch - Vampire/Love and Pain

Salvador Dalí - The Persistence of Memory

Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio - Conversion of Saint Paul

Rene Magritte - The Son of Man

pope

Francis Bacon - Screaming Pope

Henry Fuseli - The Nightmare

William Blake - The Great Red Dragon

Richard Moult - Where the Sea Once Was

5 Likes

All but nightmare make me feel as am a prey animal. Trap,defenseless, slightly afraid.Why I feel this today seeing the art work I have no idea why.

1 Like

I feel an emotion of divine comfort from this. Comfort from a spiritual and divine source. When I look at the woman, the image of Freya immediately popped into my mind for some reason. Looking at the man, the image of a man walking an outwardly religious path comes to mind. It is those on the spiritual path being comforted from a higher spiritual source for me, that is what I feel. But there is more to this.

There is also polarity. One overwhelms the other. When comfort is strongest, it takes over the other. When sadness is strongest, it overtakes the other. I feel the sadness or grief is strongest here however.

1 Like

When I look at this, I feel intense negative emotion. It is active, instead of calmer emotion. But rather moving agony when I look a this, if this is how I can describe it. I feel intensity in my chest and emotion pouring to the surface ready to flow outwards. Very strong image.

1 Like

Interesting interpretation. I would agree.

A good take. I would say it harnesses the chthonic emptiness of space.

1 Like

Bump.

I feel intense insecurity from this pic. He’s well dressed, appears as if he’s sure of himself on the surface, but the apple in front of his face is keeping his expressions, facial features, etc from being seen. As if he’d rather just be seen superficially, and couldn’t be bothered to open up to anyone because he would end up exposing those insecurities and his being vulnerable.

2 Likes

I feel a sense of doom approaching. It feels like things are fine, but it’s like the calm before the storm. Just a subtle darkness approaching, not like chaotic fire.

2 Likes

Lùnastal - Richard Moult

d

Dante and Virgil - William Adolphe Bouguereau

1 Like

Bump.