Elementals, just a reminder that they are there

Now, if someone wants to educate me about Undines or Sylphs, I’d be very interested. I know there was an earlier reply on this. I guess I can do my own research.

Am about to find the sigil for Ghob and try to evoke him.
And should be trying to evoke the Shem Angel of the day, perhaps a petition in the evening if it is a night invocation.
Also a possible Candle Magic ritual to be kept away from disturbance and trouble.

In fact, my altar has been glaring at me out of neglect, so tonight water goes into the colored teacups, and tea lights and incense lit for a Novena ritual.
Draw the sigil for Ghob, and try to find a chant for him.
After that I paint my Wand of Outer Double Power, and paint some glyph talismans as well to keep the arts flowing.

Did you say you have the book from the Golden Dawn? That stuff is Kabbalah and the elemental Kings are all about Malkuth, that is where the elemental work is done, so you might find info in there.

Summary from here: https://fathersmanifesto.net/wm/kabbalah.htm

Malkuth is the sphere of the physical elements and Kabbalists still use the four-fold scheme which dates back at least as far as Empedocles and probably the Ark. The four elements correspond to four readily- observable states of matter:

solid - earth
liquid - water
gas - air
plasma - fire/electric arc (lightning)

In addition it is not uncommon to include a fifth element so rarified and arcane that most people (self included) are pushed to say what it is; the fifth element is aethyr (or ether) and is sometimes called spirit.

The amount of material written about the elements is enormous, and rather than reproduce in bulk what is relatively well-known I will provide a rough outline so that those readers who aren’t familiar with Kabbalah will realize I am talking about approximately the same thing as they have seen before.

A detailed description of the traditional medieval view of the four elements can be found in “The Magus.” The hierarchy of elemental powers can be found in “777” and in Golden Dawn material.

We have summarized a few useful items below:
Element Fire Air Water Earth
God Name Elohim Jehovah Eheieh Agla
Archangel Michael Raphael Gabriel Uriel
King Djin Paralda Nichsa Ghob
Elemental Salamanders Sylphs Undines Gnomes

It is amusing to notice that the section on the elemental kingdoms in Farrar’s “What Witches Do” had been taken by Alex Saunders lock, stock and barrel from traditional Kabbalistic and CM sources.

4 Likes

Nice, thank you!

I’d recommend Summoning Spirits by Konstantinos. I’d highly recommend that book for the lists and description of spirits and their abilities. Lots of lesser known spirits of the elements are described there. Also sections on golden dawn style evocation if your interested in that.

5 Likes

Nice, Ive come across that before. Will add it to my amazon list.

1 Like

Titans are also considered elementals by some as well as many nature gods and goddess. In the end, it is simply a definition and does not change the nature of the individual spirits.

Zen

1 Like

There are also Japanese tree spirits, come to thinking about it.

I’m not sure if there is anything to this or not, but I have always wondered in the entities encountered on salvia divinorum are nature spirits of some kind. Could be just drug hallucinations, but they always had a strangely real feeling to them. Haven’t taken the stuff in years, but have considered investigating further.

1 Like

I can only speak from a Magic Mushroom experience, where I could swear I saw druids and gnomes in this park across from where I lived.
There is an actual town group of Druidry that meets there I found out decades later.

2 Likes

Will look into the druidry group, and will invoke the Element of Earth today.

@Nocte_ac_die I stumbled on this from last year:

1 Like

Cool, thanks, will check it out after work.

@Nocte_ac_die just a summary reminder of how to go about magick so it’s effective bear with me and I’ll get to the point of it.

Determine need then research ways to meet need mundane and magickal then use best solution.

Plant example coming cuz I’m a plant nerd gardener.

You transplanted a flower it’s wilting. You feel the soil it’s moist. So you’ve decided it needs extra help who do you call on. Well provable earth and or water entity. The soil isn’t dry Amos you’d try an earth entity first water second UNLESS you only watered it 5 minutes ago.

You’d ask that entity to help it root and make sure it stayed anchored and don’t fall over and let the roots get exposed ti air and dry out and to make sure the soil was loose enough that the plant could breath.

Determine need determine best resource use best resource. Forest fire threatens your home air and or fire entity would likely be best to call on but if a flood threatened it a water entity would obviously make more sense.

You are mentioning Djin or Jinn and assuming they are all fire elementals. I heard or read somewhere that some are earth element related.

Seems to me, after you determine what you need to fix, you don’t and you need a Jinn or Djin you still gotta research the individuals and compare if they can meet your need. Only once you know the need and who/what/how to meet it can you actually succeed at your goal.

:arrow_forward:You don’t call a fire entity to control a flood you don’t calll a water entity to start a prayer restoration burn. So figure what you need (1 need at a time) then move to get it met but don’t assume things.

Just cuz Ahab the Arab says all Djin or Jinn are evil fire monster demons doesn’t Make it so
unless a bunch of other peoples gnosis also confirms it.

:arrow_forward:As to Djin/Jinn = Fire, I heard some are earth element linked some fire and some air. Did I hear right? I dunno but I know I’d research who’s who and whats what before calling them.

Tribute to Ray Stevens with the Ahab comment intended. I love that man’s songs.

1 Like

Add: but don’t do a half dozen things at once randomly throwing snowballs hoping to hit something as it were. Research and use the right method/entity and don’t assume something find out for sure so some don’t entity don’t get mad and bitchslap ya for assuming they’re fire when they ain’t or for calling them when it ain’t their area of expertise.

2 Likes

my first ever elemental experience was with gnomes, I was 2.5 and I had played between 3 trees on a field, they came suddenly, a whole bunch of them and dancing around me in a circle and singing, it felt never ending and scared the shit out of me… I never spoke about it, always remembered. At 5 I “met” a man that looked like a druid and he pointed at me and with his hands told me to come with him… I understood he was beyond the veil and I ran home as quickly as possible It took me until adulthood to make a little sense of these experiences, so definitely possible that what you saw on mushrooms was very real, too, as you are so much more open to see beyond the veil. Also maybe you have some druid/Celtic blood in you or past life connection to it? That was for me personally the only logic connection to make.

2 Likes

Im Scottish-Welsh and Irish-English. Always felt connection to nature. Was told I was a Druid in one of my handful of past lives, and was murdered by a fellow druid due to thirst for power. Funny we mention smurf houses, thats popped up all of a sudden along with more shrubbery. I can imagine that would be scary.

Yeah, Djinn are not “fire element”, fire.
They’re “smokeless fire”, which means, as far as I can tell, plasma, i.e. energy beings. The two are not to be confused.

3 Likes

Some may be made of poisonous fire (samum) if I may add :smiley:

2 Likes

Actually;y, isn’t the fire elemental salamanders and not Jinn/Djinn, thats the name of the elemental king if I recall correctly. Slaps myself