Egyptian Gods

Does anyone here have experiences working with any of the Egyptian Gods, particularly Horus and Anubis? I have always been drawn to Egypt and those are the two that have stuck out to me. I’d love to hear your experiences and thoughts on these two beings, their specialties, personalities, any alignments or preferences they have etc. Thank you!

5 Likes

I’m interested in Sebek the crocodile God of the Nile since he is pretty dark… :crocodile:

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’m sure there are tons of posts on these two :slight_smile:
Double check the search function on this forum.

I’ve found, at least, with the underworld deities (Anubis, Seth, and Nebthet) they all have a strong like for dark chocolates, sandlewood and dragon’s blood.
Seth particularly loves a special Dark Chocolate and mint Hersey Kiss that only comes out in December lol.

As for personality, I feel each Spirit interacts with individuals in the best way for both parties.
Anubis has always been the big brother and teacher for me. Even when Morrigan announced herself, while other Spirits fled from her he stood his ground and she seemed to like that.

Most Egyptian Dieties are called “dark” but you have to remember how they were preceaved then, how the Greeks bastardized them, and how we see them now are different.
Sobek and Seth were not “Evil” they pushed the status quo much like Loki did. They are complex beings.

3 Likes

I just evoked Ma’at for the 3rd time 2 days ago

2 Likes

Ooh! Work with Shezmu!!!

1 Like

I worked with Isis and Anubis… I found Isis more like the wiccan triple goddess. You can ask her anything. Wonderful goddess.

Anubis…one of the best spirits-gods I ever worked with. Especially when it comes to teaching and guidance. Extremely powerful energy. Even when I was working with others, he was there giving me advice and knowledge, without asking. Great deity. I saw his face… Very close to the common image of him.

I had no idea what they preferred as offerings , so I just gave what I felt was right for them and it was accepted. A personal relationship is most important for them.

11 Likes

Thank you for your input! Anubis is definitely on my list.

2 Likes

BALG has an Egyptian Black Magick course out, with Bill Duvendack, that might be of interest.

2 Likes

Yes :slight_smile: I was working with “Anubis” and he was my guardian for many many years, studied hieroglyphic and hieratic among others, he’ll always have a special place in my heart. But don’t call him with this disgrace for a name that Greeks gave him, he has a name of true power and that is Anpu and Ienpu.

8 Likes

Anubis is not a necromantic egyptian god that it’s linked to the afterlife and all that stuff? I thought He’ll teach just things in regards that.

Well the vocalist of Iron Maiden also flies his own jet.
Just because you’re known for something doesn’t mean you can’t be proficient elsewhere.

3 Likes

He also ushers the dead to the Scales to be judged. He is the master embalmer as well as peace keeper at times.
Most Egyptian deities have many hats. It’s something people find confusing (the Greeks did) and try to over simplify.

2 Likes

Seth and Sitri the same entity???

Yes, but how are you going to study the Book of the Dead in its original form? :slight_smile:

1 Like

No.
All entities are themselves, they are unique.

Some believe that Sitri is the same being as the ancient Egyptian god Seth (aka Set). Seth was the Egyptian god of Chaos and Darkness and was largely believed to be evil. He tricked and murdered others who got in his way - most famously his beloved brother, the Egyptian god Osiris. Sitri and Seth seem to share an affinity for chaos, trickery, and darkness, and like the demon Amon, Sitri has enough in common with his Egyptian alter-ego to make this comparison intriguing. Whether they are the same being or not, neither Sitri nor Seth are beings to attempt to conjure as both have the capacity to be extremely dangerous.

I read this.

2 Likes

Eh on the danger part. This isn’t how Egyptians saw the gods at all, that’s modern retelling to fit our moral codes.
Seth is the God of thunderstorms, the sands, chaos, and is the Adversary. His priests would go to other deities temples that were becoming to greedy or lazy in their devotion and challenge them. If these temples could best Set the priests would depart.
He is like Loki, one who points out what is trying to be hidden but yes he also had importance with emotions.
One thing to remember about the ancient Egyptians is they saw the gods as no different than them, just more advanced. So they assumed the Gods would react as any human would over issues. In Seth’s story he is quick tempered and jealous because of being repeatedly pushed aside by Ra for Osiris and later Osiris’s son. The story tells how he was royalty and felt his birth right was taken from him which would make sense in the richer society.
Stories fit the times and people ya know?

What I mean is they might be similar and even hived from the same source but they are no longer the same entity. I think most Spirits did come from similar sources but are their own aspects and beings.

2 Likes

Here is how I’m seeing this, until further information comes to light (hehe puns).

Sitri resonates with Venus, which is love, sex,etc.

Set/Seth on the other hand, deals in chaos, darkness and harsher forces of nature. So he likely resonates with Saturn, Mars or maybe Mercury. So, he very well any not be the same current or force.

2 Likes

Wtf, how the fuck you ended up thinking about that? Seth is known as an egyptian god that embodies the pure manifestation of evil, while Sitri is a demon that can help you in situation in regards about love, Sitri helped me in the past with that.
As @itsnathanm7 said.

1 Like