Ecstatic Norse Dance & Trance

I’ve always been mystified by the legendary shamanistic dances of other cultures. The Native Americans have the ghost dance an Voudou is infamous for their dances. Lately I’ve begun to incorporate the ecstatic dance method to the Norse path and it’s very fulfilling. I’ve done rain dances for Thor, fertility dances for Freyja, and baneful death dances for Odin. I even did one where Thor possessed me and together we struck someone down with lightning who had been harassing my mom. The method is simple. Draw the name of the deity (preferably in runes) in the dirt and dance around it until you are in trance. There isn’t a special dance. Just let yourself go and visualize the deity you want to call. When you feel their presence, make your request. But remember to always have something to offer. It could be your energy from the dance dedicated to that deity or it could be something else such as alchohol. That’s between you and the spirit.

4 Likes

It also helps to listen to songs by Warduna or other instrumental bands.

2 Likes

Ive always had this weird theory that wardruna was like a portal to the Norse deities (the only reason I say that is because every time I listen to them I feel a snudge closer to the Norse)

2 Likes

On a more serious note I may do this sometime this week

Please share you’re experiences with this method on this topic. This method is a brainchild of mine and maybe other people. I’m sure someone has thought of it before me, probably someone ancient. Maybe the gods were worshipped in this way. Probably.

1 Like

Good to know I am not the only one.

1 Like