Earth to Water .. Or Lilith to Samael

In the Golden Dawn, there are ten grades, Neophyte, Zelator (Earth), Theoricus (Air/Luna), Water (Mercury), Philosophus (Venus), Adeptus Minor (Portal/Sol), and a few more up to the top.
One thing that’s irritating is the absence of a simple answer to a simple question … “That’s not your grade level” like an automated response.
I was approaching the air grade when I stopped. The first task of the Theoricus is to take control of your astral plane.
This is what I don’t fully understand, where I seem to fail.
How do you take control of your astral plane if you can’t lucid dream or astral project.
The next matter is to control the vibration and start opening to kundalini.
Again, I am not sure how to do these as well as verify them.
Does anyone understand what I’m referring to?

3 Likes

Are you asking “how do I know if I did _____”

How do I start working with the astral plane, vibration, and kundalini?

While I’m very confused as to what you’re focusing on, here is some ideas.

Kundalini is actually something I have very limited knowledge on. But here’s what I know: it’s hot. It involves, depending on the method, the seven major chakras. Energy shoots up the spine and out of your crown chakra. Kinda like your spine. You may also feel serpents wrapping around your spine and going out of your crown. Think of the caduceus it’s like that @Eye_of_Ra can say more, I think.

The astral plane is easily affected by imagination and visualization. When you visualize, youre working in the astral.

This is where the explanation gets weird again. It has everything to do with you. how you manage your emotions and things that affect your energy. It’s hard for me to explain. But if you want to raise your vibration, Isis, angels and the crown come to mind.

1 Like

Gotcha. So I don’t necessarily need to astral project or lucid dream to work with the astral; what the GD was referring to then, is to control thought. Thanks @Raven_Maleficus.

2 Likes

Kind of? You should still learn them.

1 Like

Okay.

1 Like

Also, learn to follow your intuition versus some dude in robes in an order. However asking for advice is ok.

1 Like

So grounding+meditation+wards+visualization is astral work.

1 Like

Ehhh well, grounding in my opinion is more like energy work. Honestly I’m not the best for this section, Imo. But yes meditation and visualization does help in working with the astral, it’s easier to lucid dream when you have a consistent meditation schedule.

2 Likes

Visualization is definitely to do with astral training. I asked a similar question. The response? Yep, lol, “not your grade…”.

But when you visualize over and over, you do make an astral effect. When you get good at it, it lays the foundation for astral creation. I think that is why they have you do the basic rites like 10 times a day in 0=0 grade.

Meditation can be, but not always. Depends on the meditation. But, in general, meditation creates the environment in the mind that is most inducive to astral work. That’s why they want you to meditate in various ways before ritual, I believe.

With grounding, it depends on what you are doing with it once done I suppose. I agree with @Raven_Maleficus that grounding is more energy-work based.

Wards can vary. Most will leave an effect on multiple planes, but some definitely are astrally focused. Visualization and charging exercises help build the ability to make kick ass wards. For this end I like to charge a chaos sigil per week to practice charging.

Are you trying both or focusing in on one? In example, I can lucid dream, but not astrally travel. I was suggested to explore that first, so I am trying to perfect that. I think I started to AT a few times, but it scared the shit out of me, I felt sick and I fought out of it. Not cool.

One thing I found helps lucid dreaming is no weed for a week, stay up too late, then sleep with ambient or weather audio track.

3 Likes

Agreed. I just feel iffy with grounding

1 Like

Given this is the Golden Dawn, this may be referring to vibrating a word/name. That is, calling a name with absolute authority and vibrating it to the ends of the universe.

Do some serious chakras cycling and purification via meditation every day for at least a week. Be very aware and in tune with yourself. Then you can begin to focus on the coiled kundalini, sleeping at the base of your spine.
Or you could go the tantra route.

2 Likes

Vibration of God names I do, I thought I read somewhere that the principle of vibration was an added task at that level, vibration being that nothing is ever truly at rest in the universe, and this is a key to manifesting.

2 Likes

Vibration and frequency, sure.
The chakras work will help with this as well.

I’ve mentioned elsewhere, there is an exercise that I like to do when I just want to chill and remember why most of the day-to-day bullshit is not worth stressing out about. I sit and become aware of myself and my surroundings, really sitting in the present moment, until I can visualize every little particle of my physical existence, and of everything around me, and notice how it is all connected. Then i reach further out, and further still - my town, the planet, the stars and nebulas and so on.
It feels great and will raise your vibration pretty quickly.

2 Likes