E.r

It appears I have landed myself into the emergency room. Ive been fighting this for about 2 or 3 weeks.
I think its pneumonia. It sucks to be diabetic and not be able to fight stuff off. Ive done all the usual stuff.
But now I cant breath. And it hurts.
:’(

And my left lung makes that weid gurgle sound.

1 Like

[quote=“arianna, post:1, topic:9063”] It appears I have landed myself into the emergency room. Ive been fighting this for about 2 or 3 weeks.
I think its pneumonia. It sucks to be diabetic and not be able to fight stuff off. Ive done all the usual stuff.

And my left lung makes that weid gurgle sound.[/quote]
Just sent Raphael

[quote=“Dragon Crow, post:2, topic:9063”][quote=“arianna, post:1, topic:9063”] It appears I have landed myself into the emergency room. Ive been fighting this for about 2 or 3 weeks.

Just sent Raphael[/quote]

Thank you very much! The dr is ordering a chest exray and breathing treatments as well.

1 Like

At least on the plus side the male nurse I have looks like a greek god!! :smiley:

1 Like

Haha that’s fantastic

Pictures please?

1 Like

Pictures please?[/quote]

Awww …im sorry ash they already let me leave but both friends who came to see me both agreed! Thought it was about to be a fight! Lol

They senr me home with an inhaler and antibiotics so hopefully I’ll be feeling better soon.
The breathing treatment they gave me there has made a difference.
So yay!

1 Like

Man, now I really wish I had thought to snap a picture
He was one of those guys that can pull off long hair bc they have beautiful hair. It was dark brown. Looked like he worked out. He was a guy that looks good in scrubs which is another thing hard for most men to pull off. Green eyes. Mmmm…mmmm…

1 Like

Pictures please?[/quote]

Awww …im sorry ash they already let me leave but both friends who came to see me both agreed! Thought it was about to be a fight! Lol

They senr me home with an inhaler and antibiotics so hopefully I’ll be feeling better soon.
So yay![/quote]
Sounds like raph

Pictures please?[/quote]

So yay![/quote]
Sounds like raph[/quote]
Yes thanks again for your help!

1 Like

You know what we should do?evoke the doctor

Acute bronchitis. Atleast it wasnt pneumonia. I slept for a good while . so thats good.

1 Like

[quote=“arianna, post:1, topic:9063”] It appears I have landed myself into the emergency room. Ive been fighting this for about 2 or 3 weeks.

You know I got pneumonia this year too. I ended up on antibiotics…I don’t know what’s going on but I didn’t have such a bad illness in a very long time and I noticed a lot of people had it. Sometimes the Gods or whoever we seek for help, help us by guiding us to do the right thing, like go to doctor and on medication…

I got some antibiotics and an inhaler so im feeling much better!
Yes, sometimes you still need help. If nothing I do seems to work i go to the dr. Being diabetic things can go from bad to worse very fast. So i have to be careful.

1 Like

Just saw your posts. I’ve been off for a while. Sorry to hear you’ve been sick.

Hopefully, you’re on the mend now. Did they also give you a steroid inhaler? If they didn’t and you don’t continue to improve I would ask for one. Also if not improving oral steroids can help kick these symptoms in the butt too.

It’s been a bad year where I live in CA too. Flu season started out with a bang. Lots of respiratory stuff going on.

Take care of yourself. LOTS of TLC!!!

One of the best things that has happened to the nursing profession is the increase in male nurses. LOTS of Greek gods runnin’ around. Lol.

Have your blood sugars remained stable during this? Sometimes this kind of stress can make them go up. Steroids can make them go up also.

Have your blood sugars remained stable during this? Sometimes this kind of stress can make them go up. Steroids can make them go up also.[/quote]

No ive been struggling it was 500 when i was in ER.

The dr had to up my metformin to 1000mg twice a day.

1 Like

[quote author=arianna link=topic=9559.msg99890#msg99890 date=1484769757]

[quote author=Serenna link=topic=9559.msg99886#msg99886 date=1484765491]

[quote=“arianna, post:14, topic:9063”]No ive been struggling it was 500 when i was in ER.

The dr had to up my metformin to 1000mg twice a day.[/quote]
Bummer! Once you’re feeling better and your sugars stabilize be sure to make sure that they take it back down or you could end up with the opposite problem! Diabetes is a lot to deal with…eternal vigilance…

[quote author=Serenna link=topic=9559.msg99912#msg99912 date=1484791656]

[quote author=arianna link=topic=9559.msg99890#msg99890 date=1484769757]

[quote=“Serenna, post:17, topic:9063”][quote=“arianna, post:14, topic:9063”]No ive been struggling it was 500 when i was in ER.

The dr had to up my metformin to 1000mg twice a day.[/quote]
Bummer! Once you’re feeling better and your sugars stabilize be sure to make sure that they take it back down or you could end up with the opposite problem! Diabetes is a lot to deal with…eternal vigilance…[/quote]
Yes. Its very difficult and frustrating. Like tonight at work the managers is going around giving out ice cream cones. I cant have a freakin ice cream cone.
Ugh.
But I am feeling better i think the inhaler is albuterol? Maybe. And the antibiotics were zythromycin. Z pac.
I am alot better though. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like