Duration of connective evocation

Good day my magickal family,

I have been having certain level of success with second ritual from DOM of GOM. Lately, the connection has been stronger with certain demons like Cimeries, Sitri and Buer and even with their ruling angels. I feel their presence beyond doubt.

I found myself staying longer in the ritual to find that their energies get more intense the longer you stay.

My question is how long do you stay in the ritual after you call upon the spirit. To clarify, i want to know the duration after you say ā€œI call upon theeā€¦ā€

Thank you and have a lovely day :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

You can linger in ritual however long you want, whether you want to potentially receive communication or just feel the energy.

3 Likes

How long do you usually stay?

I imagine that the amount of time spent in a scenario like this is going to vary a lot. What are you doing?

That would be my first question, because if Iā€™m just trying to do an evocation lite style, and task a spirit, as in following most grimoires: I say the words, open the seals/sigils, state what I wish the spirit to do- then go right back to my day, or turn pages to the next ritual for the next goal, which was slated to be tackled for the day.

On the flip side, if I was using a grimoire to make a connection, task a spirit butā€¦ maybe I want to develop my senses, get clearer communication, or more recently, bask in their energy so to speak (attune to it whatever you want to term it when your allowing their energy to flow through or into you for any purpose)- well then I might want to sit there for two hours.

Iā€™ve only worked through the mentioned title once, but I canā€™t recall it requiring you to stay within any state, or any ritual for any amount of time. I may be mistaken, but it seems like they were designed like other Gallery books/rituals to be essentially done by the time you get to the end of it, then we get right back to life so that we arenā€™t obsessing over what we just did, mistakes we could have or did make, doubting etcā€¦

3 Likes

Thanks for the detailed response, my friend. Intially, I was doing the former but Iā€™m doing the latter, lately.

I felt as I was receiving the energies of the results I asked for. Because my usualy goal is personal transformation.

2 Likes

Ah. Well. Iā€™d keep doing whatever you are doing, particularly if itā€™s having a positive affect on your life or garnering results.

Itā€™s one of those things where I donā€™t think there is a right, wrong or standard answer.

Most of us might not use a grimoire or this one even, to connect to an entity outside of the intended purpose of the ritual- but some types of rituals it would make sense.

Like if I was using 72 Archangels of Magic, and picked an entity to help with my energy levels, or to heal me, or any sort of self transformation- it would probably make sense if it felt right for me to sit and take or exchange energy/communication with the entity.

If I were asking for $100, it might make more sense to get right out of ritual and back to life, so that things can happen however they need to, for my result to come.

Iā€™d use your intuition/feels on the subject, though it is interesting to consider delving deeper with grimoires I consider on the lite side of things. I think if your gut says hey we are done- trust it. If it says linger here a minute- trust it.

Hope I make sensešŸ˜†

1 Like

Well said, @Keteriya. I think my intuition came from the concepts of ā€œBrain Magickā€ book or glamor magick : you bathe yourself in desired flavor of energy.

1 Like

However long I feel like. If the spirits have something to convey theyā€™ll make that clear, and if they donā€™t I often like to remain present with the energy because it is a pleasurable, enjoyable feeling.

Also, if you are doing the initial three weeks of Wealth Magick daily practice, I wouldnā€™t summon any money demons. You can still summon demons, but part of the point of the three weeks of daily practice is to get you aligned to the long-term. After this, the demons will understand your long-term goals as well and will act in the short-term accordingly.

1 Like