Drunk or nah?

So, what is your opinion on drinking before a ritual?

1 Like

That probably depends on the ritual or the rituals company, I suppose. I am not opposed to it but “drunk” can also be a very personal setting for every single person,lel.

4 Likes

Personally I can’t find it within me to raise energy or concentrate while actually drunk. Might be useful for some other kinds of magic. A little bit of wine before ritual might make it easier to relax, however.

1 Like

Care and prevention with this!
In front of the Majesty of President Buer will be a disrespect that generates very strong sanctions. In front of King Paimon it would be something punishable, as if in front of Master Marbas or Master Dantalion and thus each one of them has guidelines that the conjunor must know before presenting himself to his royalty.
On the other hand, everything will depend on the gods of the pantheon in which it is militated, because there are others who do not allow it but when invoking them they alienate the conjurer and drink a world, when leaving, the evocator is left with no trace of alcohol in his system.

1 Like

There is a point of diminishing returns when you drink before a ritual. A little can open you up, but a lot makes it hard to focus. And some spirits don’t really like drunkenness.

1 Like

For the Norse perspective, this or imbibing in certain herbs legalizing all over the usa can lower your defenses enough for the possession style workings of Seidr. Similar to the Grecian Oracles, Seidr practicioners are channeling the spirits so the spirits may speak through them.

1 Like

I used to drink during the ritual I view it as a way to open and connect, in any form. Which is why booze offerings are my favorite it feels more intimate.

However, I’m currently not drinking so I’m changing it up a little for the next few months.

Belial: (appears with a disapproving look on his face) Why are you drunk?

Me: Because I’ve been drinking of course

Belial: Ugh, just try to focus

7 Likes

:joy::joy: honestly me