Dreaming without sleeping

Figured I’d put this here as it deals with what I guess would be magickal sight. Anyway, there are times I’ll get really tired and just lie there, still awake, but with my eyes closed. After a bit, while I know I’m still awake, I’ll feel exactly like I’m dreaming with whatever odd dream scenario that wants to play out just happening. The thing is that they almost get to the point where I can almost physically see the dream going on rather than vivid mental imagery. I’m wondering if this has happened to anyone else or what anyone thinks of it. What I’m thinking though is that if I recognize this happening again if I should try to steer it in a more ritual working direction and work for whatever goal I’d use magick for while in that state. I haven’t read all of Belial: Without a Master yet but this feels like the “Blind Sight” bit.

2 Likes

It could either be day dreaming or hypnagogic imagery. It happens to me too, almost all the time.

1 Like

Doesn’t feel like any daydreaming I’ve done before. Things this intense have only started pretty recently. I still feel it could hold some results if I try going a more ritualistic route if it happens again. Whether that’s what’s happening or not, I figure my mind would still be in the right state at that time.

1 Like

Probably hypogogia

Or this

2 Likes

This happens to me often. I don’t know what you’d call it but when it happens it’s just like a dream that’s telling me something. In fact it happened a couple mornings ago and yeah, it’s indeed very real.

Id start writing down the dreams and reflecting back. Something might be trying to show you something .

2 Likes

Will do then. Hell, it kept feeling that something or someone wanted me to use it for magickal purposes so that’s why I made the post in the first place was to see if anyone knew anything. This really helped though and I’ll try to do what I can with it.

1 Like