Dreaming of spiders

I used to be a quite hardcore arachnophobic but worked on it, now I’m more like a normal person : I just don’t want them on me.
I even tend to like them actually, just not on my skin.

I’ve noticed that I dream of spiders when I performed magick, like, I interpret this as me manipulating reality, influencing my environment, spinning my webs. I usually dream I’m surrounded by black spiders with strong thick webs all over the room I’m in, and I’m like “ok girls I see you’re working thank you”, this usually happens right after a ritual.

But lately I don’t understand.
The first time it was a tarantula getting down from the ceiling, so I was like “OH GIRL COME ON NOT ON ME PLEASE YOU HAVE THE WHOLE DAMN SPACE!!!” but it insisted to get on my fucking head.
The 2 times after, 2 not-too-big-for-a-dream spiders were around, and they come to me and start to climb on my arms, so I’m like “hey nope that’s my limits”, but they insist and I can’t help them from going under my sleeves. Ugh. So at this point I’m like EZDFJ DHHGZIZKJHZSLAIDQHLM - FUCK – YOUUUUUUU !!!

And finally the last time, it’s been like 4 months after the previous ones, 2 big tarantulas were already inside my sleeves, and they were coming out, and once I could seize them without risking any bite I grabbed them and threw them away. Not very polite I know :confused:

They don’t seem threatening in any way, I even feel some kind of benevolence, like if they knew I don’t like that but that’s for my own good.

So I’m not expecting any ground-shaking revelation here but I’m just taking note and try to keep a track on this. I wonder if a work I started a few months ago has been completed lately, the spiders were in myself to make it work, and now the work is done they leave…?

Just to clear any doubt : what entities could be symbolized by spiders ? I heard Hecate does, who else ?

2 Likes

There’s African spider goddesses, native american, and several of Greek/Roman/Sumerian pantheons (the latter of which are mostly thinly disguised as humanoid).

There’s also a variety of spider spirits in various religions.

Aaand I posted, this very day, about a spider-woman entity that Azazel sent me.

2 Likes

Oh that’s really helpful thank you !
Hm yeah okay it could fit with Mal’Geb indeed. Could it be her trying to assist me or getting my attention ? What did you do to summon her exactly ? Maybe I could try to ask her directly if she had/wants any business with me…

2 Likes

That’s a safe bet. Just do whatever your normal process is for evocation and call her.

2 Likes

Ok. I’m officially freaked. And that is hard to do, considering everything I’ve seen and done. But did you see my comment on that link? We had the same dream…only it happened to me during a meditation two nights ago. A big spider, idk, bigger thsn my head came down slowly on a string of web and i could just sit there and watch it. As it went onto my head it just turned into energy that went into my crown chakra and down into my body. And now not one but two posts about spiders? And one describing almost the same thing that I saw?? What. The. Hell. What does this mean?

1 Like

Seems like spiders are a recurring symbolic for us magicians. But yeah this is weird haha, I too was somehow forced to remain under the spider and couldn’t avoid it getting on my head, but then I woke up. That’s interesting you saw it turn into energy and absorb it … ah ! intriguing

1 Like

I didnt really see it. It was on my head. It looked like it was in front of me, but as it decended it was getting closer and closer and i realized hey. This really IS over my head. And i felt its legs grab onto my head and I’m thinking, aww great! What now!? And then it just idk… disolved and went down into me. But since it was on my head i could only feel it.

1 Like