Doing magic in strict environments

I’ve been in a few such environments where little but visual magic could be done for the most part, and up to now had free reign to practice magic. So now may be going to the bible belt.
So … Since I’m on magic Fwb, and the goetia with kings, its going to become more difficult.
My clairvoyance, claiaudience need work.
My evocation needs work.
“Sending spirits” by sigil needs work
My basics need work.
So … What is recommended for most spiritual impact, with successful evocation and seeing, hearing the spirits in a strict environment?

2 Likes

I do see and sense spirits occasionally, or light orbs, or whatnot.
I do see birds and trees form patterns.
So …
Magically in strict environments, I’ve done the following;
Created a circle out of karate belts taped together. The floor as the altar.
Used oils on candles.
Used electric candles and oiled hands.
Used a silent voice.
Drawn shades and curtains.
Kept items out of first look view.

2 Likes

I’ve always had the gift of practicing magic in motion. I used to stock a gas station lifting crates of beer and milk while I communicated with another magician. Hit gnosis by zoning out. If you have a dissociative disorder, employ that. Being calm is key to all magic. You cannot match a frequency of you can’t feel it. Chaos magic is great in that, if you understand fully the mechanic of what you’re performing, you can cheat by merely forcing that will.

2 Likes

Git gud

Start looking into bilocation and astral stuff, then set up an astral temple. Now you have a ritual space that isn’t visible to normies.

4 Likes

Do a ritual cleansing. It will help banish any unwanted distractions

3 Likes

You can appoint entities as gatekeepers. Ask them to shroud and protect you in ritual.

2 Likes

I have Plants that hold my dedicated items to certain demons and spirits I am working on. I have a silly Yoga mat, and pillows in the area. I have created Rune like wood slabs that when are not in use I place under the plants - My first one I drew Hecate and her dogs. I have dream catchers that I have made - one is of a branch that had formed a full circle, I drew Baals Sigil at the bottom and plan to make a Spider with Stones for him.

Outside I have trees that I go to for certain works - I have 3 stumps that I cut holes in hold votives- I need to make one more come spring. I put bug candles in it to make it look normal. I do go outside alot and I find alot of gifts- my Crows have left many feathers which i have incorporated in wreaths at the front and back door. ** added note I have spikes nailed to the earth in the four corners of the Property - When I do my energy cleanse - and place my ward up I have my beasts chained in the corners… I have wimpy ribbon holding them there so that should someone will ill intent come to the property They can deal with them.

I plan on Making a cloth - for evocation but instead of the visual writing I am going to sew the lettering on the seem. To the common eye the will see a cute meditation rug.

I have been dying to ask the previous owners children if their mother practiced - their father was a scientist - I have found such interesting things here including their spirits. In a rock pile at the back door I found an Odin stone just when I needed it the most.

Dont Stress about it - you may have to incorporate some fluffy shit to make it look not so scary - I had made this Elk Spine Statue and was going to paint it but it freaked the family out. So it is hanging in a tree… Wait until the house guest come across that.

1 Like

I live in a very hectic environment with little quiet and Christian beliefs so I understand the limitations. Personally I work alot with old school witchcraft and hoodoo so my ideal space would be full of creepy things that I unfortunately lock in a cabinet. But you can still do alot. I give offerings often and each morning I light a candle for my patrons . This goes pretty far because I’m consistent and committed so they work harder for me. The relationship strengthens so they are more apt to manifest quickly and are understanding.

4 Likes

Have you considered renting a small storage unit? You can usually come and go as you please, so it would accommodate your schedule, and for all of $30-$40/month. It would be secure and private, too. A lockable temple you can leave empty when done. Also, the floors are usually flat, smooth concrete and so are the walls. This would be prime for drawing sigils, wards, ritual constructs, etc.

1 Like

Nice idea on the storage shed.

@AradiaX … I like the cabinet idea. I’ve been usingn an old sewing table as an altar, it has some repair needed, but pretty reliable. Hinged door on top helps to hide tools.
A lock is mandatory, whether the room or the storage though, if the residence isn’t me on the lease though. People have often rifled through my stuff at a couple places.

2 Likes

Mine is actually a pantry with shelves that i trash picked (dont judge me) and doors that I painted black and the inside a kind of mossy mint green - I do love the old school witchcraft look lol. I put a padlock on the outside and I haven’t had any issues. Obviously someone could take the screws off and get inside but I “charmed” it so finding the contents would be the least of anyone’s worries :smiling_imp:

3 Likes