Does the Lord of the flies actually deal with the flies?

We are starting to become desperate in my house as flies appear out of nowhere. There are mosquito nets on the windows, so we don’t know how they could enter, but we could kill them and minutes later there are again at least 10. We kill them, they are back. We put essential oils, traps, inside and outside, but nothing works.
There isn’t much info about Beelzebub and it’s not related to the flies, but I guess the name comes from somewhere. If anyone has any info/experience on whether he could help with the infestation, please let me know.

@Dralukmun

2 Likes

Historically speaking Beelzebub originally was Called Baal Zebul which meant lord of heavens but its suspected hebrews changed it to zebub to mean flies. It was suspected to have been changed to deride his followers by saying they follow the god of dung and flies.

2 Likes

@MorpheusDarkson pretty much called the important historical notes. All I can add is that among the Philistines at Ekron, Ba’al Zebul/Ba’al Zebub was called to banish sickness, which was often symbolized through the form of flies. Among his many roles, he was a healer deity. Of course, it was later used as an insult to degrade the deity as being a lord of nothing in the comparison to the Hebrew god.

As to your insect problem, ontop of continuing mundane means, petitioning Beelzebub might not be a bad idea. I’ve actually had far less problems with insects since I have worked with him, which is unusual for my area this time of year

3 Likes

I agree, the same happened to me despite the fact I went against the pact I made with him. He is a really powerful deity however one has the chance of being hurt by his presence alone like I was.

2 Likes

Xnt remember but years ago i ask a guy which spirt be good to get rid of bugs in goetia. His answers, why u dnt ask yourself tat. I was like dude so arrogant. But i find tat a few goetia spirts will help you., example bael spidees, maybe u can askhimto get rid of flies, Beelzebub may but its a small thing, but he may help. Tink a doctor surgeons doing nurse job. Just look under their offices.

1 Like

Thank you @Dralukmun and @MorpheusDarkson, I sort of imagined that there’s more to the story regarding this name. But in this case, calling on him precisely for the flies wouldn’t be insulting? Especially when it’s one’s first contact with him?

@MorpheusDarkson Would you mind elaborating on how his presence could hurt the summoner? I have children, so that’s scary…

1 Like

I didn’t think of that. I have Demons of magick book and none of the powers there mention insects. I will try, it’s driving my husband crazy!

My evocation of beelzebub was during one of my most arrogant phase. I believed I could take in any spirit possession and survive. However when Beelzebub appeared his appearance was that of a disembodied human head with crown of stars. When I fully got possessed my entire body and head started hurting. It continued for atleast a week before he was banished and his energies left too. I never tried to call on him again after that but am planning to after I’m a bit more powerful and experienced. It doesnt seem his power affects the environment tho. Be wary tho due to the fact he is the prince of infernal empire so he needs respect. The aspect of beelzebub that I called was Beelzebub the lord of flies and darkness. He has a aspect as the grand architect that he told me of. He in that aspect did help me with Servitor Creation which I created some time back.

2 Likes

I don’t think it would be insulting. You have a problem and are genuinely seeking help. You are not trying to mock him so there really is not a reason to get mad, although he will have the freedom to refuse, just as any spirit.

1 Like