Does god really dont want witches to live?

what are your thoughts?

I haven’t seen a mass die-off of witches lately.

4 Likes

Strange cult book of middle eastern nomads, which has somehow overwritten the FACT all other nations had magick as their “religion.”

4 Likes

Are you talking about the old testament book? “Strange cult book of middle eastern nomads”

No, you can blame that on centuries of deliberate mistranslations of the Bible. The original verse said murderers should not be permitted to live. This was changed to “poisoners”, then changed to “witches” to justify murdering unpopular people.

If God doesn’t want witches to live, He has an awfully funny way of objecting to my existence, since I’ve repeatedly survived things that should have killed me.

3 Likes

It’s a possible mistranslation https://www.haaretz.com/archaeology/thou-shalt-not-suffer-a-witch-to-live-a-murderous-mistranslation-1.5443682

1 Like

I cannot speak for “God” (however you define that term) but it sounds more like an excuse for people to do horrible things to each other back in the day while making it convenient by calling it as their God’s will. Unfortunately, it was a tactic often used in the past, especially from those in power.

6 Likes

When king saul couldn’t get an answer from god on what to do about the philistines he went to the witch of endor to summon samuel to ask him what to do. God’s annointed king sought the services of a witch to get his ass out of a bind. People demonize witches in an effort to keep the populace ignorant of their true potential. I’m not a fan of yahweh but his followers have perpetuated that bullshit for centuries for control and personal gain.

3 Likes

Technically, I’m pretty sure God never said he hated witches, the “You shall not permit a witch to live” Wa one of the laws Moses made

1 Like

If i recall correctly, the word used in the old testament that was translated as “witch”, actually means something more along the lines of “poisoners”. Obviously this doesn’t describe every person who practices witchcraft. Even if it is a sin according to the bible, there’s also a verse stating that God doesn’t delight in the death of the wicked. So I think it is safe to assure you that God doesn’t want you witch hunted :sweat_smile::heartpulse:

4 Likes

I dont think the idea of “god” cares what you do, whether you call yourself a witch, priest, rabbi, magus etc. Alot of the stigma around magick comes from the holy Roman empire and their conquest of Europe, as well as playing into societal problems and the ignorance of the people. So instead of putting the fault on their own actions or the lack of responsible leadership of those in charge, its easy to find a scapegoat that you can paint a scary picture of .
There’s also a number of other factors throughout history into the condemnation of a deeper religious practice, most having to do with peoples own jealousy and prejudices.

Also if “god” (pick your egregore name of choice) didn’t want people to live a magickal life wouldn’t he have killed solomon as soon as he used demons to build the temple? Or strike down john dee, Crowley, pike, take your pick.

Read into the mistranslations of mekhasheph for a biblical reference, and not to forget the code of Hammurabi which did condemn harmful magick against others.

1 Like