Does doing magick deplete certain vitamins/minerals in the body? Or does it just use energy up?

For instance, the guys on Reddit who use Nootropics or “smart drugs” for school work, etc like to take a supplement called acetycholine because it is s building block for many neurotransmitters. They use others too, but acetycholine seems to be their go-to all purpose supplement.

I take over 1000 mg of EPA from Fish Oil and a B complex for depression along with a bunch of other stuff.

Do magicians need to supplement their diets with anything?

1 Like

Magick is just manipulating your energy or external energy to manifest your will onto reality. It doesn’t affect your health or vitamins or anything. It can make you tired as if you ran or did a lot of activities physically but that’s about it.

2 Likes

Need to? Possibly, as ritual causes stress on the mind and body through emotional triggers. So I would argue that get enough of your daily vitamins and introducing Theamin (chemical found in green tea) wouldn’t hurt. In general, a good diet, enough sleep and enough exercise is good for working in ritual, especially for long stretches like pathworking. But it is really up to the individual.

As @anon48079295 said, magic itself does not wear on the body or use any nutrients from it (unless you are doing heavy blood magic). Usually any depletion of nutrients is from stress caused by the emotional responses as I have mentioned

2 Likes

Magic is an incredible energy burner, the more you do the more energy you use, I agree @anon48079295 you can feel tired, it depends on the level your at, there are ways to manipulate your energy to keep it going for longer,
Magic has never impacted my body in a way I need extra vitamins just a little rest.

1 Like

I use to pass out after energy work when starting, over time it lessened, now it’s like being hungry after. Which is basically me needing to take a break, on rare occasions simple head fog but that’s fading too

1 Like

some person told me they used their fat as energy.

Not sure if that should be taken literal, but all the same that’s interesting.

2 Likes

Confused @Etheric_Vagabond :thinking:
@anon48079295 I used to get head fog (or 3rd eye ache) but with more experience it’s got easier and now after high level work I just rest

2 Likes

meaning they used the energy from their high weight body for magical workings.

At least that is what I assumed he meant by saying he uses his body fat as energy.

1 Like

@Etheric_Vagabond

If it worked for them :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Any ideas on how they did this? I could lose a few pounds myself. So if I can get magick to burn fat than that is a beautiful outcome.

1 Like

Not sure. Sorry

Maybe you can give your extra weight to a spirit as an offering and put a lose weight spell on yourself and the spirit gets energy from the weight- burning processes.