Does anyone know any Shinigami Associations?

Hello all, I’ve actually been trying to find associations for this type of spirit for a long time, but I haven’t had any luck. So do any of you fellow BALGers know any associations for shinigami?

A shinigami is any deity who presides over death in Japanese folklore or an entity that acts as what reapers are. So, you’d be better off looking into Japanese death Gods and going from there. However, they are also seen as the spirits of the dead/humans.

2 Likes

Someones been watching Death Note :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Shinigami are actually part of mythology as Gods of the dead. Normally I’d agree with you but you made an attempt.

1 Like

Nah, FMAB is waaaaay better.

1 Like

What do you mean “but you made an attempt”? Could you clarify what you mean by that, cause I is confused.

From my understanding (and I could be wrong), shinigami are a more “recent” addition to Japanese folklore, especially when compared to other subjects. The first recordings of a shinigami didn’t appear until during the Edo Period and were likely influenced by the west’s version of the Grim Reaper.

However, the closest you can come to these by looking at the Shinto Goddess of Death, Izanami, the Buddhist King of the Underworld, Yama, or the Mara from Buddhist mythology.

2 Likes

Ok thanks for the info and names, will look them up

1 Like

It’s basically when someone tries to throw that "you’ve been watching too much [insert anime] " when the fact animes tend to take their information and concepts from mythology.

Shinigami was a term created in japan to label death gods and dead spirits, it was not created by anime and used by people. So by “you made an attempt” is akin to “fail but nice try”

2 Likes

I see, well I will continue my search for answers. Cause I’m pretty sure shinigami DONT like apples, lol

They might, I have heard of strange offerings. Naamah likes chocolate for example and she comes from a culture where it was not native.

2 Likes

Depends on the individual, when it comes to races or things similar, never assume it’s one size fits all.

1 Like