Does anybody else have prophetic dreams?

Like when

For dreams, as many as it takes to bring about a summary that I understand. Sometimes I donā€™t always get it on the first go, sometimes it hits me the moment I open my eyes. I like to think things through and analyze my dreams from as many different angles as I can. What I canā€™t stress enough however is the detachment one needs to have for the final outcome, as I find dreams are much like ritual and any other form of divination. The Law of Reversed Effort is prominent in dream working because your dealing with pure subconsciousness, the thing we attempt to tap into and communicate with through magickal works and the like.

As far as triggering, I have tried to pin that down for myself, but every time I think Iā€™ve figured it out the method no longer works. Again I point to the Law of Reversed Effort on that one.

2 Likes

I personally tend to agree with the detachment part too but as far as I understand, you are walking a fine line that is blurred. Funny enough, you kinda came to the same conclusion that I ended up in long time ago. You have good points there.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been working with dreams since I was about three years old. I used to live in a town that was drenched in hauntings and sat on a leyline nexus, so from a very early age I had to learn about how to navigate my dreams/ subconscious. I tend not to worry too much about acquiring prophetic dreams, as I find even non-prophetic dreams can hold keys within them to great things.

The core of the matter I find is to understand yourself better through observing the dreamworld in which we all participate. Sometimes this gives us glimpses of things that we need to know, other times it serves to confuse us, forces us to look deeper and ask the question ā€˜Why?ā€™

I find it amusing really, because when I was prepping myself for sleep just last night, I tried out a meditation called the Three Suns. It calmed me greatly but it wasnā€™t as vivid as Iā€™d thought it would be. When I fell asleep I dreamed in my last REM cycle of the night that I had found a time travelling device, and when I tried to travel back in time, I found myself inside the void and experienced the disintegration thatā€™s described in the last part of the Three Suns meditation. I mentioned the dream in passing to my partner and they replied simply, ā€˜of course, because you canā€™t just travel back in time, you must also travel backwards in space.ā€™

This set my mind abuzz with things I had contemplated years ago, (the number of years I had attempted to travel back to in my dream no less!) and I ended up putting together pieces of my studies that Iā€™d completely set aside due to mundane life flexing itā€™s muscles around me.

2 Likes

Nice, I personally work with the realms if psychic visions more but also sometimes with my dreams. Though Ifind working with my psychic visions much more easier. I literally get them 24/7 and the fifferent triggers are in many random forms.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never had a vision outside of dreams, though I do have a mild case of Clairaudience. Spirits seem to love messing with my ears, they twist peoples words sometimes and it either gives me a better understanding of what the person is trying to say or throws me so far off the mark that I look bat-shit-insane. lol

1 Like

Yeah, it sometimes happens when your psychic senses are open so to speak. It can also give you a headache. If you would just understand how much I have problems consentrating, you would think that I have a short attention spam or ADHD. ItĀ“s bat shit insane sometimes so itĀ“s little difficult to be in a room full of people. I donĀ“t think there is a way to close your psychic senses for a long time after you have opened them. ItĀ“s always temporary.

1 Like

I would recommend searching BALG for info on psychic shielding, perhaps someone out there has a method that can help you. Iā€™d hate to take this thread too far off topic.

1 Like

True.

1 Like

Yes Iā€™ve had three or four in my life that came to pass soon after and were clear enough to understand and act accordingly. Several that I didnā€™t pay attention to or were jumbled enough that I didnā€™t realize until after.

2 Likes

My dreams are usually dreams within dreams which tend to be lucid, prophetic dreams I use to have but now theyā€™re more like dreams that give me information about myself on a spiritual sense of the word.

2 Likes

Most of my few dreams are.
The entities I work with seem to use my dreams as a messaging board.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had a few, but like some of you, itā€™s always something minor & dumb, nothing like averting a disaster or anything. I wonder if thereā€™s something we can do to grow the ability, so the premonitions will be of more importance? :thinking: Any ideas, anyone?

1 Like

Very rarely, maybe once a year if Iā€™m lucky.

all the timeā€” but not as day to day nearly step by step as in my tens and twenties