Do you loose your emotions when becoming omnipotent?

Has anyone disassociated themselves from the physical world through this path? On the path of omnipotence I have found myself accepting everything as it is and not caring about anything but myself and my own ascension. I have completely lost the ability to empathize and relate with others on the most simplistic level and facing the truth of this bothers me in a sense. Have I become a sociopath or is this a normal “side effect” when becoming omnipotent?

what’s so bad about being a sociopath? as long as your not out there murdering cats and raping goats who gives a fuck? I’ve gone through, and am currently going through much of what your talking about… from what I can tell it’s just part of the path that is necessary for some people… the same way something like devotional work or alternatively animal sacrifice is necessary for some people’s individual journeys… my advice? embrace it, live with it, and work through it… you’ll eventually develop beyond it

Hi there- I don’t know if you saw the following post (or some others)- different way it is described in title (this one in relation to a specific drill, but i sense migth relate, if different for you then just in case.

http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/general-discussion/where-to-go-from-here/

as I note in a comment on the thread, I think it is a TurningPt, and option to expand into an area that your “system” doesn’t acknowledge exists, so there can be a deadening feel
(also iin Omnipot- you can come to sense A) if you have power to choose, then the programming you’ve been following in the past maybe isn’t ok… so the feeling why do, how relate. Sort of “if I don’t Have to do something, then why do anything?” -rather than "if I don’t Have to do, then what would I choose?"
B) can oft result form an overwhelm (energize your system like putting fertilizer in a garden, veggies&roots grow but so do all the weeds… everything amps… as well as you begin to sense more subtle (both “psychic” under the surface, as well as “elsewhere”…
Both together can be overwhelming just in too much (as well as the whole pt is to “shake up the patterns” = freedom, but requires new options that are New-hadn’t been previously experienced… (same ole isn’t free, but not having a Pattern to respond is unsettling, until it becomes the new-way)…

there’s a thread that links the last to some pts in the prev thread-link, I hope this adds something. Luck

=============
–also just like developing subtle-senses, or energy-skills, takes work… think of after such Work go out and inter-relate with People in “the Nrml” and work at that also… practice doing, so it integrates with the other shifts.

This is an experience that I wish someone would have told me about long ago when I decided to buy a ritual/ceremonial magick book (DMK Modern Magick) off the shelf and perform the rites therein. Yes, you begin to alter your own perceptions and how you see things around you. When someone speaks to you its almost as if they are the alien species and you are left alone on a lonely planet, something like the David Bowie film “The Man Who Fell to Earth”.

I even have, among other tattoos on my body, that of the Hermit tarot card on my right arm as that is my “emblem” if you will concerning my own path.

I often times find it rather difficult to separate the two realities the more I delve deeply into my own flames. There is no doubt in my mind that all of us at least are on a path of enlightenment, black or white, regardless. We seek that which has been softly chewing at our souls for many years and now we are reaching that pinnacle of attempting to swallow the whole.

One thing is for sure, if we dare and survive we become stronger and like gods of a new dawn, if not, we become the paper pushers for the next generation. This is why you have seen me performing at the very least some astral evocations of sorts to make contact with beings that, for all intent and purpose, have been there with me all along and its now that I am beginning to receive that moment of “clarity”.

My question for this day prior to the mastering evocation course is…

Will I be able to get that emotional repressed energy out of my gut and unto the world through my own volition?..I believe so. In fact, I believe this is the prime reason for most if not all. Having all that repressed energy lingering and stirring within us, revealing itself through dreams and nightmares,through found books, messages and syncronicity following us all about attempting to communicate to us. Maybe its the spirits, maybe its only us, maybe both.

All I know now is, we are all in this forum for a reason and its obviously no coincidence.

When I speak for myself my answer is definitly yes! With the exception of a few I just don’t care about nobody anymore. No empathy whatsoever! And this is strange especially when you know that I’ve been a healer for about a decade. I thought that helping others to heal would make up for the things I did in my past. What a mistake because that wasn’t me!
Now however, it seems that the profile of a sociopath suits me fine. Even more so, the further I advance in my ascent, the more “hungry” I become to use my “new” powers against just about everybody who annoyes me. Sometimes I look in the mirror and ask myself wether I have become a predator. The answer is that I have always been a predator, since birth, but that I forgot this while growing up. It’s all coming back to me now, and it explains a lot.
Yes, I recognise your issue… but what I have discovered now tells me what I have always been instead of what I have become. Does this make sense?

So this feeling is normal after all? Same here. What worried me of beeing this ice cold is having trouble yo work magick. You know empathy helps a lot in rituals

There comes a time in your ascent when you don’t need emotions anymore. Only the intention will do. But what also helps is to “feel” in advance what you would feel when your ritual would give the desired results.
Imagine how you would feel if you won the lottery. Well, evoke that feeling while performing your ritual. Feel the end result. Act as if it already happened. That’s about the only feeling you need when performing magic. I call this the “thank you” technique.

“Has anyone disassociated themselves from the physical world through this path? On the path of omnipotence I have found myself accepting everything as it is and not caring about anything but myself and my own ascension.”

• stfinkallee

Welcome to “enlightenment”. Or at least that’s what my meditation teachers have told me. What it sounds like you are experiencing is Sunyata…there is no Self. There is NOBODY home to get angry at, to get annoyed by, or to lash out!

It’s not as much about being a Socio-path as experiencing these human emotions, then, having the wisdom enough not to pick them up.

“Ajaan…don’t you get angry anymore? Don’t things annoy you?” a layperson asked of Ajaan Dune Atulo (one of the greatest masters of the Thai Forest Tradtion).

“yes…I still experience anger and annoyance…I just don’t pick these or any emotions up anymore” Ajaan Dune Atulo replied.

What we’re saying is, that yes, even when we "arrive’ on this Path of Complete Discernment, we are in human bodies…we will experience things that are human - emotions, eating, sleeping, shitting, etc.

There comes a point where the practitioner finally realizes and “wakes up” to the fact that they are in complete control of themselves at all times (and always have been). They can choose to engage with emotions or not. No longer swayed by social & cultural conditioning, Nationalism, Religion…God!!!

“If you really want to become Enlightened you must give up everything…even Buddhism”

• The Ascetic Buddhadasa Bhikkhu

It’s not that you lose emotions, you just no longer react based off of them. Awareness is moved from the etheric body and becomes much broader.

Hey, if it’s good enough for the Great God Pan…

I’ve also been noticing that emotional deadness, particularly toward other people. There’s just a kind of softness now - like I’m being shielded. One thing it’s made me more and more aware of is how much a normal person soaks up the energies and emotions of the people around you - now I’m much calmer, but also a little disassociated sometimes.

Over the past year or two, I keep realizing that problems I had as a kid - feelings and thoughts that had troubled me, some from very early childhood, others from my late teens, bouts of rage and dejection, weird sexual “things” - they were actually other peoples’ thoughts and emotions that I’d soaked up and mistaken for my own.

So I’ve basically been noticing how permeable we are, and finding ever more evidence that the personality isn’t real and should not be reified or identified with, but should be held at a distance as something that should be dismantled and redesigned as desired, without too much fretting and blubbering about ethics.

What your feeling is strength, it feels wrong or foreign because your not used to it. This is one of the first steps to mastering ourselves, being able to take an objective step back and look at your emotions and how and why you react the way you do is key. Balancing this and learning to feel without attachment is the next step or at least for me it is.

[quote=“Sultitan_Itan, post:10, topic:1424”]I’ve also been noticing that emotional deadness, particularly toward other people. There’s just a kind of softness now - like I’m being shielded. One thing it’s made me more and more aware of is how much a normal person soaks up the energies and emotions of the people around you - now I’m much calmer, but also a little disassociated sometimes.

Over the past year or two, I keep realizing that problems I had as a kid - feelings and thoughts that had troubled me, some from very early childhood, others from my late teens, bouts of rage and dejection, weird sexual “things” - they were actually other peoples’ thoughts and emotions that I’d soaked up and mistaken for my own.

So I’ve basically been noticing how permeable we are, and finding ever more evidence that the personality isn’t real and should not be reified or identified with, but should be held at a distance as something that should be dismantled and redesigned as desired, without too much fretting and blubbering about ethics.[/quote]

You’ve said it better than I ever could. I have however learned this detachment is not always practical in situations where social interaction is needed. I’m sure the teachers and parents at my kid’s school view me as an alien/weirdo/‘damaged’ person,…

I’ve struggled from being overwhelmed, annoyed and angry at people, to ignoring them whilst laughing at them internally, to just being able to observe them and blend in by telling flat out lies with no emotion. That took me a while, till a wise person told me ‘It aren’t lies, it’s just speaking another language.’

“You’re more advanced than a cockroach, have you ever tried explaining yourself to one of them?” - Mothman Prophecies

I’m still not always able to fully stand there like a rock in a blizzard, and it can take me a while to figure out what is it that the puppy people so badly want to hear, so they’ll wag their tails and be on their merry way. But that’s why being incarnate in the physical plane is so great I guess. Lot’s of opportunities to practice.

Interesting. I was recently thinking all baneful acts can be traced back to some kind of fear, I never contemplated baneful acts coming from an alien detachment and lack of empathy towards others. I guess that is the serial killer. Not killing for survival or out of fear, but out of some predatory need or retaliation.

Evocations wouldnt strip you of your empathy as such. Wouldn’t it have more to do with what you are evoking? Taking on the attributes of those entities you are sharing a psychic link with?

[quote=“Brutus, post:13, topic:1424”]Interesting. I was recently thinking all baneful acts can be traced back to some kind of fear, I never contemplated baneful acts coming from an alien detachment and lack of empathy towards others. I guess that is the serial killer. Not killing for survival or out of fear, but out of some predatory need or retaliation.

Evocations wouldnt strip you of your empathy as such. Wouldn’t it have more to do with what you are evoking? Taking on the attributes of those entities you are sharing a psychic link with?[/quote]

For the most part I agree about fear being a common factor, be it fear of appearing weak, fear of being helpless etc. some baneful acts are done simply for closure from an incident that took place that caused a lot of pain in ones life.

Sometimes a baneful act can be used to teach someone a lesson they otherwise couldn’t or wouldn’t have learned on their own. For example if someone is emotionally dependent on another destroying that relationship could teach the dependent party to stand on their own two feet and learn some confidence. In a scenario like that its really more cruel to do nothing than to act.

In god state I have never given up my emotions, as they are the fuel of my magick, along with my willpower. However, I will say that they are amplified to exponential degrees of infinity and impossible things become possible.

You may think that sounds trivial, but it’s not. God state means just that, that you will is unopposed, and can shift the universe to it’s liking, and no spirit or any other conscious entity has the ability to oppose your will once you choose to manifest it into reality.

What’s happening with you, is that you’re starting to remember you were god, and at least right now, as you remember that, you try to make that power work for your life goals.

This isn’t some abnormal psychotic horror state as you would like to believe, but a realization of your own power an omnipotence. And as you achieve these things, it’s natural in your mind to associate what you are achieving with the realization that you deserve it, more and more as it comes.

I would normally say this is an illusion, as it is with most rich people and lottery winners and such. However, when you can literally manifest what you want, and have the universe manifest your will for you, you are probably more deserving of that ability than someone who has it and has opted not to use such ability because of social conditioning and religion. These people choose to be powerless, and if they claim otherwise they don’t understand the concept of “free will”…These people truly believe what you are doing is wrong or not real at all and choose not to get involved.

To me this is as ignorant as saying gravity isn’t real. Or saying that love isn’t real, or anything that’s not physical and tangible isn’t real.

And that’s why you should use your magick on these people, so they can see that it’s real and that it does work,

So you shouldn’t feel too bad unless you’re engaging in some kind of morally depraved act. I feel ambivalent saying this, because it seems like there is a general awakening of sorts on this planet. With that point brought up, I have to ask if your acts of magick harmed people you care about, or people you feel bad about harming?

I wish I could say we should be objectively good or evil, but I can’t say that, because such arguments about morality are meaningless, especially here.

I’m honestly less worried about people using their powers wrongly, if they have a room temperature IQ and a few years of life experience in this field, they will quickly realize their mistakes.

I’m more worried about people not using their power at all, and not progressing the fate of humanity and our collective consciousness as a whole.

It’s more important, at least in many ways, that we use our power rather than not use it. You will always find a use, I just hope you can grow and evolve as we all do.

Don’t Be Afraid of Black Magick
Read over this, give it some thoughts, and then think twice about the rituals you perform.

Best of Luck,
-Frater Apotheosis

I think the difference is that a serial killer is unable to empathize. I can and do still empathize and feel deep love for my children, animals and flora but I choose not to empathize with most people anymore. I found it is an energy drain, because most people simply want you to validate their present state of being and don’t want to go the path of self-scrutiny and growth.

Good point!

I feel the exact same way, I’ve never been overly empathetic, I’m very selfish and never a bleeding heart but the people & animals I love, I love deeply.

It’s important to remember sociopaths/psychopaths not only lack empathy, they have poor impulse control and an inability to learn from painful mistakes, which is why most aren’t your high-flying Dexter type but that scuzzball with the prison tattoos, HIV/AIDS and a smashed up nose people avoid sitting next to on the bus.

Sociopathy like paranoia can be used usefully as a label to describe states of mind in a relatively healthy person; but, as a clinical condition, it’s a maiming of the psyche and often comes about after a trauma very early in life, so it’s really a badge of having been victimised.

Getting back to the OP, I notice the same thing, yes - the first time I achieved that state I realised I could literally slaughter a baby there and then and it would have no moral context for me, however that’s the Divine Paradox and not appropriate to 99% of normal everyday situations, it only causes me problems when I find it hard to imprint a strong desire in that state - because it’s basically desireless - and the results I’ve had when I DID manage it make me want to be better at that.

Frater Apotheosis, if you have anything to share on that subject I’d love to hear it please (I totally get it if you don’t have time/energy/inclination though!), right now it’s one of my top blocks to successful work.