Do you ever just. say fuck it and stop caring about all of this?

Bit of a rant incoming.

But do you ever just shut down and stop caring about perspectives? I’m not talking about superficial opinions people form of each other, but on some topic like spirituality, the nature of reality, the planes, etc. Everyone has their own idea, and while it’s interesting to hear other opinions, after a while…does it get tiring to you? Everyone has a different opinion, and nobody can give you irrefutable evidence that they’re correct. That doesn’t mean they’re wrong, it just means that there’s always that lingering uncertainty.

And so, do you ever just go like, “Fuck it; I don’t care anymore. I don’t care if this is real, or if this is like this or that.”

This is the reason why I don’t even read occult books that aren’t focused on practical application anymore. I don’t care about the theory anymore.

From what I’ve noticed ANYTHING can work. Look at Chaos Magick. Look at Lovecraftian current.

When it comes to magick, fiction = reality & reality = fiction, it seems. Nothing is true, everything is permitted. I mean I’ve been running a group experiment where we would throw chakras completely out of our system. Fuck chakras. Did our magick get hindered? Not in the slightest.

So who gives a shit about theory? Results are what count. Anyone else with me on this?

12 Likes

I love to look through mostly results-oriented texts these days. My forays into theory focus mostly on theories that I’m not familiar with. What I’m really searching for is the oldest things I can find. Then go through them to find what came before. The further back we go the closer we are to the truth. To the origin.

1 Like

Yeah, yeah, it’s cool to look into the stuff you’ve not heard of before or aren’t that familiar with. Psionic magick , techno-magick, the informational model, all that good stuff.

But then after a while…bleh. Back to square one.

I mean sure some methods are harder / weaker than others, but that depends on how well the person practices and resonates with said methods.

3 Likes

The only way is to defeat yourself… With your own will. When all you have left is will you realize everything is right and possible because it is all how each individual perceives it, to them and them alone. The strongest Will will win in the end. But so similarly does this Outlook make me say not, Fuck it!, but BRING IT ON.

3 Likes

I totally agree with that. I’ve gone loooong periods with no practice or study because I’m like bleh. Bleh is really the right word for it. I think with the path I’m on I’m finally finding my stride.

2 Likes

Kinda how I see it. Though I’d say you have to balance it out. If you run around with a constant “nothing is true; everything is permitted” mentality in your mundane life, and worse, apply it to your behavior, then that can lead to a disaster. Switching back and forth seems good.

But, in the end, theory behind magick is irrelevant because ANYTHING can work. I mean, I evoked a fucking deity from Skyrim once. Just find what works for you and do your thing, I suppose.

5 Likes

Good point for sure.

1 Like

Yeah this seems to be often the case. People focus their years on studying, then practicing. I think it’s more worth looking into chaos magick and postmodern occultism than older works. Because then one can skip years of trial and error.

4 Likes

Agreed brother. I come to this point a lot. What brings me back is my undeniable spiritual experiences that involve others. Being able to hear someone else’s voice half way across the world… And then having them repeat the conversation to you the next day. Spirituality is hard to prove to others. Perhaps try some distant communication and get them to recall what was said

3 Likes

It does. That’s the beauty of living now. We have years of accumulated knowledge and text. Imagine what it will be like in 500 years. If we don’t destroy the planet that is.

3 Likes

Yeah, but tbh, I even stopped caring about “proof.” I suppose it’s my years of being an atheist that left a scar on me “You must have hard evidence to believe something, otherwise you’re a delusional retard.” or “Your experience is prone to mishaps so better get that peer review.” That’s how I felt for a long time, up to a recent point, actually. I think I’m making a change now. That’s not to say that I’ll start believing anything, but that I’ll value my experiences more, and that I’ll stop denying to myself certain things that happen, as well as accept that this cannot be scientifically proven. Not all of it anyway.

Funny, a lot people have scars from Christianity, Islam, or Judaism when they come to the occult, but nobody talks about the scars that come with atheism.

@Kylkyl yeah I think because so much info is on the web instead of in written form, an EMP blast or some shit could really fuck us over lmao

5 Likes

…turns on printer

2 Likes

I wish the best for you brother.

1 Like

Thanks, man. You too.

1 Like

It’s high time we wake up the zombies in this world and open their eyes to the magical undercurrent surrounding us

2 Likes

Is it really worth the hassle, though? It’s like trying to convince a blind man (who is also oblivious to the concept of sight) that a visual experience exists.

The person needs to experience certain things, come to their own conclusions.

I think the best way to do this is to just put the info out there, and spread it. Not proselytize, but be like "Oh if you’re interested, you can learn about x and y and z and etc).

Then, if it spreads well enough, others will try it out and see that it works, and it will spread like a virus.

Just look at the Law of Attraction, the NEw Age shit, etc. People tried it out, it worked out for them, and it gained popularity.

The Abrahamists & the materialists can shout “UR WRONG; OUR WEY IS DA TRU WEY” all day long, the New Age movement is still popular and growing perhaps.

4 Likes

That is absolutely 100% true, my good sir.

2 Likes

We can only hope they open their eyes.

I think it’s worth it, but your point is dead on about the oblivious nature of it.

Are most people even willing to even try? I doubt it. They’re comfortable with a leader telling them what to do and what to believe. It’s a shame.

3 Likes

Depends. I don’t think it’s a matter of “are they willing to try?” but rather “are they willing to try and take it seriously?”

When it comes to muggles (normies or mundanes, whichever you prefer), I think they fall into 3 categories:

1. “That’s a bunch of bullshit” type
  2. “I’ll try it but I’ll have super high expectations and give up as soon as I fail. I also won’t bother looking into it properly, just gonna skim through” type
  3. “I won’t do that because that’s evil and wrong.” type

Many who try fall under the 2nd category.

Idk, honestly I stopped being pissed off about the ignorance of muggles / normies a while ago. Many humans are indeed what the materialists say: meatbots who operate under a certain program. So it’s funny how I’m agreeing with the notion I used to find utterly repugnant before.

5 Likes

I agree with all of that. I’m not mad at people for what they believe. I’m mad at the world for making people believe certain ways. I’ve been a victim of that too though. It took a long time of introspection and isolation to get over myself and my preconceived notions of things. It remains a work in progress. People have so much potential and I want them to fully realize it. But we all lose patience at times a fall into having expectations that can be high I think.

4 Likes