Do you ever admit to being on the LHP to others?

I have just had 2 Men knocking on my door at 8.30 pm wanting to talk to me about Jesus and come in my house. If that is not strange enough as I am a Woman on my own, then these two guys asked me what religion I followed and stepped back when I said the LHP. Do you ever admit what you believe in to others when asked?

21 Likes

No, never. Truly it’s no ones business. I like to fly under the radar.

24 Likes

If asked I will speak of my beliefs, otherwise I keep it to myself.

9 Likes

I only do when asked too,but nobody likes the answer it would seem

5 Likes

Most don’t. :joy:

4 Likes

Rarely. 2 people I told about it I had been dating for more than 6 months. A third was kinda random drunk thing

8 Likes

Just think about this, If I was to do what these Mormons did and knock on strangers doors when it is dark asking them if I could come in their homes and talk about Satan, how many minutes before I was arrested/ attacked or sectioned? If its about Jesus, it is Ok it would seem. :joy:

26 Likes

I understand completely.

2 Likes

Ive only spoken aboutmy beliefs and lhp with 1 person and thats a friend that i know was a practitioner.
We had never spoken much about right or left but after finding Balg and myself decided the left was right for me it come as a epiphany that my friend surely was a lhp practitioner aswell so i asked her.
This has resulted in some interesting work together and surely much more to come.
My path is no secret but i will not talk about it inleds asked and even then i would pick my words carefully depending on whom im speaking with.
Most ppl probobly will not care but some are just a waste of time trying the explain things to(;

4 Likes

:joy: 10, maybe.
I was raised in the LDS church, but even as a kid I knew it was lies and bullshit.

6 Likes

Only my wife knows and only the basics as she doesnt care to know more than that. I’d never admit to it from people trying to preach as I dont want their shitty prayers trying to “save me” meddling in my business.

8 Likes

There’s a old(ish) Finnish sketch series about this exact scenario. I found it funny if I remember correctly

3 Likes

Mormon: may we come in and talk to you about Jesus?

You: sure come on in. Now what do you want to talk about?

Mormon: we don’t know. We’ve never gotten this far before.

34 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: DEAD.

4 Likes

lol. I find it funny one is socially acceptable and just accepted as being annoying and the other is an arrestable offence here,just change the God / spirit.

10 Likes

Or even worse, an “intervention”.

7 Likes

I personally don’t mind talking about it. People that are unreceptive/unwilling to take me as I am aren’t really people I need in my life. I am a pretty open, accepting type of dude and am more than willing to befriend/spend my time with just about anyone that’s a decent human being, but that sort of mutual respect needs to be fully reciprocated. And I feel llike discussing works with friends on the RHP side of things brings them fresh opinions and perspectives, and if they’re truly my friend they can probably see value in my opinions and experiences. Mature discussion is one of the only ways to shift opinions, expand horizons, and bring about understanding. Staying super secretive doesn’t educate anyone any which way and those old dogmatic views of others will stick unless you can show them how they don’t apply/are incorrect.

13 Likes

I can’t even tell my fella anything, he hates it. He tolerates it just about. I just have this forum really

5 Likes

I don’t, but it sounds like it worked!

The people that do that around here are Jehovah’s Witnesses, and they know better than to ask to come in. That sounds really creepy, makes you glad for door chains.

lol @Faustus …

5 Likes

I don’t have this problem, my husband is also a practitioner.

3 Likes