Do we need self protection when doing break up bottle spells?

hello. I have known folk witches who didn´t use self protection when doing break up couples bottle spells. Do you think it is all right? I mean break up bottle spells when yo perform them in order to save one of the partners who is a beloved person to you and is under the negative influence of a bad person who is harming in one or other way to the other person.

Bottle spells are a form of folk magick, and don’t require any sort of protection. Spirits are not usually evoked in that kind of spell, as they are in traditional ceremonial magick.

1 Like

So, protection is mostly just done for workings involving spirits?

Generally, yes. Banishing tends to be a ceremonial magick thing.

1 Like

I think it is an issue of what the individual thinks is necessary. If one wants to protect themselves from possible harm caused by the break up, I don’t see anything wrong with that. But I do agree with @DarkestKnight that it would likely not be viewed necessary overall. If I recall right, there is also a practice of using gloves instead of your bare hands while working with the ingredients for additional protection while making those said jars

1 Like

Sometimes a sort of recoil from magick is mentioned, at the moment I don’t remember what the suggested solutions are (maybe carrying a small mirror in a pocket) but in cases such as undoing “dolls”, hands are indeed covered, for example with warm wax.

Normally if you are planning a break up spell, working with Spirits who like that can have some echoes in the life of the witch so you should do a love spell on some other people with Spirits who like love and so.

:snake:

Thanks for your replies. I´d like to add some questions:

1-Regarding folk magick, not dealing with spirits, and so not being of necessity protection I have a doubt: Some folk spells are linked to prayers so some saints, like St. Expedite. I suppose those spells do not need protection, neither?

2- Rav, I don´t understand exactly your post, could you give me more details, please?

3- About some break up spells backfiring:

-What are the possible signs and effects of such backfiring?
-If it occurs at anytime, how could these effects be banished and neutralized?

Thanks

Would be better if I posted the questions in separate threads?