Do We Have Past Lives?

Does there any thing like past life. I belive in God but I think there is nothing like past life.[/quote]

Hmm, it all depends on how you choose to look at it. This is where the opinions split.

I prefer the idea that there have no ‘past lives,’ there’s one continuous one.

Humour me - ‘I’ (whether it is you or me or anyone else is the centre of your own solar system where ‘you’ are the Sun. In our lives the ‘I’ is a collection of experiences both physical and otherwise. They are all unique as they are 50% influenced by our genetic makeup, our character.

Now, as we progress in life, depending how it’s been shaped, we absorb new information and different experiences in a more stable, leveled way. This is due to our character as a whole being more set in stone. And then there comes an age (eventually :)) where we don’t permit any other information as our ‘I’ is fully formed.

I believe that we exist as ‘I’ from the very first day of this universe. The reason we have changed several physical bodies is due to our inability to be ‘open’ in a way to all things new and possibly the kind we disagree with as we are now. But universe has a habit of correcting these issues by rearranging things a bit when necessary.

In a sense, we can see it as having ‘past lives’ OR… we can see it as having our settings reset to default, so to speak, every so often.
However, as humans we have this fantastic little party trick called muscle memory. And I am not referring to the physical kind. You know how sometimes people say ‘you have an old soul’? I believe you are what you’ve always been, just ready to absorb more with every ‘cycle’, so to speak. :slight_smile:

Zero