Do I needed to be devotee to a deity/god/goddess before I can petition

Hi there, I just want to know if I need to be a devotee to a deity/god/goddess before I can petition for assistance on a particular issue? Or can it be casual like I need help, here are your offerings and that’s done and over with? And also is it important to keep the altar standing for the deity, even when after the work has been done? or I can set it up anytime without offending the deity. Thanks

1 Like

Depends on who and what its for… I went directly to Thor in Valhalla to make a petition… He helped me and that was a one and done thing.

But some may require an altar or devotion…

2 Likes

Thanks KingOfHearts for the reply, just plan on working with a Guatemala entity(San Simon/Maximón). I would generally need help from him with business and wealth related stuff. I feel really drawn to that entity. But, but also not ready to fully devote myself. Or it would be a good idea to make it clear to the entity I just wish to have a relationship of mutual benefit with no strings attached. And also I live with a roommate and so when he away on a trip, then I would want to focus working with the entity. Or would this just slow things down or make the entity grow disinterest.

1 Like

In my experience, you do not need to be devoted to the entity you desire assistance from, the way I see it, if you come to them as a potential servant, you will be treated as such, if however you come to them with respect and as an equal, they will respect you more for that, and typically won’t have you jump through hoops for them to do what you asked of them.

Being that I’ve never once used (or needed to use) an altar, I’m going to have to say that it’s unnecessary unless the entity specifically asked for it. I’ve never had to, and I’ve gotten excellent results!

3 Likes