Do i meditate wrong? Any advice?

So im basically lay down in my bed close my eyes and focus on thing breathing or one thought then my hands get warm and i start seeing colors mostly purple and everything around me starts to move sometimes i also hear sounds i usally dont hear in my room. And im very relaxed but then i dont know anymore what to do and stop it and then im very calm but my body also feels cold.

So im doing it right or not?
Tell me if i do any mistakes or if you have advice Please.

1 Like

Good, you’re probably at an advanced stage although, indeed, to meditative purposes it’s necessary to “push through”: keep focusing on the concentration object.

3 Likes

Thanks
Yeah but at which point i know i pushed enough?

I believe the “progression” is dharana, dhyana and samadhi which would be the ecstatic union (here we have, perhaps unsurprisingly, an “agreement” between yoga and initiatic esotericism, which identifies knowledge with experience)… So you would become the breath or the chosen thought.

Well i do Meditation to increase my skills to talk with my spirit have you an advice on communication?

1 Like

For communication the colors and sounds are positive effects because you’re going to receive messages which may be visual, telepathic or indeed actually heard. Working on chakras through their positions, bija mantras etc. is of help; same for “inspired” writing, basically channeling.

2 Likes

Wow okay and why i see 90% purple? What purple means?

And when i try telepathy i often have the Problem the awnsers i get are that one i created myself or wished she would say that?

It’s possible that purple is related to a planet, or a chakra (Sahasrara; or Ajna, which may perhaps be considered either as dark blue or dark violet). Another option concerns an exercise where you meditate with closed eyes on a color… Previously I forgot, but a useful training with receiving answers is to practice mental void; also don’t think about what the answer itself will be, or if it’s accurate: in case, you’ll leave that for later :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In all technicality, there is no wrong way to meditate.
It sounds to me that you are certainly open in the crown chakra at the very least.
You are not doing it wrong, all the things you mention are normal. As for communication with spirit, my suggestion would be to ask for communication before mediation, if you are comfortable with that, or if you’d rather practice more meditation first, then do so, I’m sure you will reach your goal

1 Like

Thank you on communication i just have the Problem that i always think the awnsers i get is that what i create myself or wish to get.

1 Like

Could be the case, couldn’t tell you though, I’m not you obviously :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry to necro this, but was searching for basicly your exact question.

Can i ask if “when you see color” are your eyes open or closed?

I’d also like to generally ask for some guidance as well

When i meditate, the most comfortable way i found is to lie in bed and listen to an audio guidance. Usually it’s about a 30 minute guidance of chakra clearing with 10 minutes of just the calming music at the end of the guidance, i usually use those 10 minutes to either focus on opening my third eye thru internal visualization, or just let my mind wander to where it wanders.

I recently started trying to attune to focalor though and listen to an audio of their enn while just letting my mind wander, it was suggested to do as little research as possible and let them just present as they see fit…(hence why i’m honestly not even entirely sure focalors gender let alone anything else beyond their name and area of influence i’m contacting them for)

Is there anything wrong with this or should i do some research into focalor so i have a more concrete thing to focus on

Doing little or no research is a possible approach; indeed, this way, the contact with a spirit may be more natural. Another way to go is the preparatory immersion, where the magician delve into a magical systems with its world of entities and, specifically, the one which has been chosen.

Im not sure i understand what you mean by “magical system” can you elaborate or give an example?

The Golden Dawn’s or the E. A. Koetting’s system etc. So, studying a bit its history, acquiring the equipment (the choice of the system may be partially based on that i. e. if the items don’t seem hard or expensive to obtain)…