Divination Magick

I’m new to magick, though I have used tarot before. I’m not completely sure what exactly I want to practice but I feel like when I used tarot the readings I got were pretty accurate. Crystal balls also appeal to me. Is there any kind of magick that requires the use of these tools? Perhaps you can combine divination with something else? Any recommendations would be most helpful.

Tarot can also be used as manifestation tools, such as blessings, curses, etc. Manifesting the meaning of the card on your life or someone else’s, either the positive aspects of the card or the negative aspects or a bit of both.

2 Likes

Pick up a copy of Portable Magick by Donald Tyson. It’s all about using tarot cards for spells.

2 Likes

Can you use any deck you choose or do you have to get a deck to go with the book?

1 Like

If I remember correctly, the author recommends either the Thoth or Rider-Waite deck but then most authors usually recommend those two as they are considered the standard. As long as it has the Major Arcana, and the four suites, any deck will do, really. The techniques can all be adapted to the cards.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. This was very helpful.

1 Like

You could use those tools in any practice, really. I personally love pendulums. OwO

you can also use them to connect to archetypes
you can meditate on a card and recieve the cards “guide” to your personal growth or whatever purpose you want to learn of its wisdom for, and take advise from them.

Any deck you choose, most decks follow the same basis, except for a few decks like the dreams of gaia for example, that has a completely different set up from the usual cups, pentacles, etc.

1 Like

There’s a store in NYC that sells the most beautiful Crystal pendulums I’ve seen. I’m dying to get one. I think they have rose quartz, lazuli, amethyst and others. They’re very beautiful. The store is called catland or something like that and they have an online store as well if you don’t live in these areas. I recommend checking their store out.

1 Like

Will do!