Divination and Lovecraft dump

Next reading is in. I only picked a couple of cards. After that, Yog-Sothoth started telling me which to choose.

Fate - Amun.

Family
M - Shoggoth (r)
S - Knight of Disks

Social
M - Yog-Sothoth
S - King of Wands (r)

Work
M - Tsathoggua (r)
S - King of Cups

Love
M - Bast (r)
S - 6 of Wands (r)

School
M - Deep One and Bride
S - 6 of Disks

Other
M - I’thakuah
S - 6 of Cups

Right off the bat, I noticed the 3 6’s. Next, the two Kings and the Knight. Lots of specific individuals influencing things.

Fate

Potency, seminal idea, impregnation, creative spark, initial thrust, penetration, determined purpose.

Looks pretty good as an overall card for the next 2 weeks. Some of the others are not as ideal, so it will be interesting to see if I can spot the interactions with this card, if appropriate.

Family

The master card, upright here, was reversed on the pull.

Brute strength, frustration, smoldering rage, resentment, unbridled anger, ungovernable, lashing out.

Pretty sure this is the current situation for the location I’m spending Thanksgiving at. Certainly isnt here. That coupled with the Servant below meant I know who it is. We’ve been talking about that part of the family, so I’m not surprised it showed up here.

Young man, prudent, who staya the course. Little sense of humor.

Yeah, I thing the Master card reflects his current doings and the potential for the situation once we get there. It doesn’t apply here and that’s where I’m feeling it applies.

Social

Change, transformation, good luck, a way opens, moving inwards.

Not bad for the Master card. I’m tempted to also apply this to the gathering ahead, since I consider that being social, but then feel it isn’t entirely to be applied there. We do have an engagement Sunday.

The Servant was reversed here and represents a person.

Over-bearing mature man, unable to control temper, vindictive, corrupted by the need for control.

Pretty sure it’s the same person from the Family reading. Matches nicely. Guess we’ll see.

Work

The Master was reversed. My Work draws don’t seem to match up lately.

Dark Night of the Soul, failure of faith, spiritual emptiness, loss of direction.

The Servant has me puzzled. It could be several people, but I don’t see them having a huge impact. But, I will be gone for almost week.

Mature man, sensitive and suggestible, easily led by others, unwilling to lead.

Love
Once again, both cards are crackpot, from where I’m looking.

The Master card was reversed.

Dangerous instruction, intrigues, trust betrayed, oath broken, dark secrets, the wrong path.

Servant card was also reversed.

Insolence, betrayal, a traitor, an empty triumph, false honors.

Honestly, sometimes I wonder if I’m not picking up things from other people’s situations that I’m close to.

School

Love, relationship, heartfelt pledge, union, trust.

I think this is actually in the near future, for Month 5 invves working with Hecate. Wjile I wouldn’t categorize the relationship in those terms, toning it down a lot would seem appropriate.

The Servant

Power, influence, rank, achievement, ventures prosper, just.

This makes sense in that I’m going to complete Month 4 of my Helios stuff in this timeframe. And if it’s something else, I still win.

Other

Wisdom, secrets revealed, a teacher, testing, denial of the flesh, chastity, commitment, self-denial.

Half of this spunds like my Tiamat work. The other, enduring Thanksgiving at that location.

Servant

Increase, gain, expectation of happiness, wish granted, new purpose, beginning of welcome changes.

Let’s hope this isn’t just.my stuff arriving…

3 Likes

Bit behind with thhe whole engine nonsense. And we’re still unpacking.

Pretty sure the Fate card was there to tone down some of the negativity of the other cards.

With Family, things didn’t quite work out the way I figured. Yes, lots of conflict, but the Knight of Disks was female and not male. Lot of intolerance for dissenting opinions, which is always fun.

With Social, it applied to that social engagement. But I don’t know who the asshat was from the Servant card, if it doesn’t apply to Thanksgiving.

The Work cards were spot on. Several members of management are moving up or elsewhere, so were in a bit of a holding pattern until thimgs get sorted. I may end up on another team.

The Love area doesn’t apply to me, but could apply to several friends of mine.

School was spot on, as soon as I started Month 5, the Hecate work.

I think the Other section applies to the ritual I did the other night, where I opened Satan’s sigil, given by Behemoth-X.

Time to do another draw.

3 Likes

I am…unsure of this pull. The instruction I followed was very different. The spread is odd. Half of the Master cards are reversed. Servants aren’t. Servants are split evenly between Cups and Wands.

Screw it, let’s do it.

Fate - Deep One and Bride (r)

Family
M: Reanimators (r) XIV Temperance
S: 8 of Wands

Social
M: The Empty Space - XIX Sun
S: Ace of Wands

Work
M: I’thakuah - IX Hermit
S: 7 of Cups

Love
M: Shoggoth (r) - VIII Strength
S: 3 of Cups

School
M: Well of Seraph - XII Hanged Man
S: 6 of Wands

Other
M: Shub-Niggurath - III Empress
S: 6 of Cups

Fate

Bad match, unhappy affair, false affection, betrayal, violent desire, divorce, separation, ill-fated partnership

Well damn, Sunshine. The Fate card is supposed to imfluence and tie the others together. If I look at the items that I felt applied from the list, it’s mostly about changing dynamics, yet none are “grave”. Everything indicates that there will be conflict and setbacks, but nothing that can’t be weathered or anything catastrophic. Or my wishful thinking has kicked in.

Moving on.

Family
M: Reanimators (r)
Dilution, weakening, confusion, toxicity, spoiling.
S: 8 of Wands
Sudden force, movement, important communications, revelation.

So, the current situation looks weakened, with a sort of lessening.

Yes, but not the Family directly. Out.car.is having it’s engine replaced in North Carolina. Corporate and Local cannot get their shit together. Fine.

The Servant card should be the resolution of this. Or the resolution of the next phase.

Social.
M: The Empty Space (sounds like my social life…)
Higher Power, vital warmth, revelation, clarity, self-awareness, something of value.

S: Ace of Wands
Purpose, intention, determination, awakening, source.

After pulling these cards, I did go to the neighborhood Christmas party for a few hours (only lasted a few, thankfully). Has nothing to do with the pull, but stating it in case it makes sense in a few weeks.

I know of no higher power forcing me to be social. I look at the Master and Servant cards here as saying they WILL intervene where needed. I don’t see anything else logically between these two cards as presented tonight/today.

Work
M: I’thakuah - IX Hermit
Wisdom, secrets revealed, a teacher, study, asceticism, commitment, dedication to a purpose.

S: 7 of Cups
Unfulfilled promises, visions of success, passive victory, error, deception, vain imaginings

Such a cheery present and future outlook… Good thing I can cast as I see fit…

From the previous draw and my current knowledge, this is more of a management turmoil situation. My current supervisor is being elevated two positions. Good for him. He wants to keep two people on the current work…

I have guilty knowledge. He wants 4 people. He will end up with 2. Let’s say the attrition makes sense. There are two logical options, I am one. And if something really fucked up happens, I will have a year to find a position and I will turn all of my progressive energies and force towards the problem. So, not an issue in the next 2 weeks.

Love
M: Shoggoth (r) VIII Strength
Brute strength, frustration, resentment, unbirthed anger (wtf does this even mean?), lashing out, misuse of force.

S: 3 of Cups
Abundance, good fortune, fulfillment, enjoyment, rejoicing.

Uh…I’m really thinking Love has no place in this spread, with these cards… I lean dark. I lean towards moderate paranoia. These cards have no place in the Love category. Well, I gueas that isn’t quite true.

If the Love category makes sense, you sure as shit better watch out. Well, I sure as shit better watch out

School
M: Well of Seraph - XII Hanged Man
Suspension, waiting, need for patience, willing sacrifice, trial of endurance.

What? No, this is nonsense. You can say it applies to a specific thing, but overall, this card is bullshit. Anyone that reads HALF of my work would know this. Whatever.

S: 6 of Wands
Victory, pleasure after conflict, triumphal celebration.

Honestly, what the fuck do tjese cards mean? I’ve had several successes since pulling them, writing them down, and interpreting later.

Honestly, I don’t know if it’s the edgy nonsense of the Deck or my lack of long-term study. This deck seems more for edgy goth teens than anything else.

Having been am edgy goth teen 20+ years ago, when it wasn’t cool, that says something.

1 Like

Ffs, I forgot the Other category.
M: Shun-Niggurath - III Empress
Fertility, vitality, wellness, strong growth, new kid

S: 6 of Cups
Gain, increase, wish granted, new purpose.

No context for these, still. Seem oddly different from the Fate card.

1 Like

Been about a week. Let’s see where things stand.

The Fate card doesn’t seem to have had much if an effect at this point. I’ve actually had mostly positive things happen in the past week. Our car’s engine was replaced and the dealer is paying for the new engine, our hotel fees, and for the rental car! And they’re going to ship our car to us within a few weeks.

One of the new toilets I installed had a broken lid, though. We can’t take it back without our other car, so let’s hope that was the most negative part.

Not seeing the issues with the Family area yet. Things still largely smooth on the home front and with the extended families. The Servant card may be accurate, as a few.members are having non-life-threatening medical issues that started a while ago.

Social…haven’t been, so that’s positive.

Work, well, nothing has really changed at all.

Love is fine. Smooth, no real issues. Those.attitudes.listed above were what I felt when installing the toilets, though. Fucking hate doing handy man stuff…

School, still slogging through Helios Unbound. My Tiamat stuff has taken a backseat while this month is going on. It’s not intensive, so I’m not really sure why. I reach out and get a response back about waiting for the right time. For what?

Other area. No new kids that I’m aware of. I suppose the 6 of cups boost could be the recent windfalls.

Not an exciting update. I’m starting not wonder if I shouldn’t be using some other interpretation for the cards. The given definitions just don’t seem to match up well. Or I just suck at feeling which parts apply.

2 Likes

It isn’t that this hasn’t been on my mind. It’s that my approach hasn’t been quite right and I haven’t had time. As I was trying a different approach earlier, things were going really smoothly, felt right, no conflict. And I got interrupted.

I knew at the onset that this wasn’t just a tarot thread (who the hell uses this deck for regular readings?). I think that the intent was to call on those larger entities and worth through them. Maybe work through the lesser afterwards.

But the timing is off. This, I can feel. I do have a tendency to feel where things are going and charge ahead. I need to finish my Helios Unbound stuff before I can really get into this, I think. Desire is there, but the capacity to fully learn lessons at my current workload may be the issue.

3 Likes

My deck is haunted by a djinn. Now I have its sense of humor.

The cards dragged me into The Abyss. I love it. It makes you nuts though, but I was already nuts, so . . .

It’s gonna make you pretty scary, and you’ll only be able to attract certain kinds of women which can frankly be more terrifying than any Lovecraftian horror, but you learn.

Some things my family sees and hears bumping in the night, but I will not etch certain concerns in stone on the internet lest I collapse probability clusters into adverse directions.

This shit can fuck you up badly for the first few years. If it gets too intense for you, there’s always Abilify.

1 Like

It’s been a while. I spent a period of time only working largely within a few spirits or those they designated. This has relaxed a bit.

I’ve been feeling drawn towards the deck again over the past week. I knew I should pull some cards, but wanted to make sure it wouldn’t interfere with my current Currents. Eventually, I will be working with these entities in the same dedicated manner I am now. I’m not in a position to do both.

Anyway, on with the draw.

Instead of asking to be told which card.for which spot, I spoke to Yog-Sothoth and simply asked him to to guide the shuffling so that I can draw from the top remaining card for the next appropriate position. He agreed and said that it could be simpler if I did so. Didn’t say anything about the accuracy, which I already wonder about.

Fate
: II High Priestess - Bast (R)

Not the best card to have inverted, influencing tje rest.

• Dangerous instruction, spiritual burden, dark secrets, oath broken, the wrong path.

…all right. These felt to be the most important in the list. I felt this was an overall warning. Be on the lookout for. Noted.

Family
Master - V Hierophant - Dagon
Servant - 10 of Cups

M - authority, code of honor, duty, history
Yes, with unexpected losses on both sides, this makes sense. We just got done traveling back to Indiana to attend to rembrances there for.both our families, thus, reaffirming old ties and roles, in a sense.

S - success perfected, achievement realized, heart’s ease, perfect friendship.

This does seem to complement the above. The servant card indocates a direction or complements the situation of the Master. Here, this makes sense.

Social
M - I Magician - Nyarlathotep
S - Knight of Disks (R)

I still find it amusing that I draw for this group, since it pretends/says it’s about what you do socially outside of Work and Family. I just…don’t have non-transactional encounters outsode of those two areas. Yet, I don’t know that it applies to online social habits. Anyway…

M - Attainment, mastery, skill, dominant mind, eloquence, misdirection, a great wonder.

Uh…all right. I think I’ve said before that I don’t think it’s strictly talking about me. Good case.for that here, but that would require it speaking about online social interactions. A Great Wonder? None that I recall. I “know” I’m doing what I’m supposed.to be and at the levels I’m supposed to. So this must be talking about someone else’s insight that I’m close to. There are a half dozen people that I’ve done multiple things for and the same for me. To the level that links are created. This may be a case for bleed-over.

S - (R) “a young man of limited imagination…” This is supposed to represent a specific person woth this deck. I don’t know of any that “resents what he considers the affections of intellectual and artistic types”. Sounds like a dumbass that needs checked…

Work
M - XIII Death - Tsathoggue (R)
S - 6 of Disks

M- Wtf… I think this relates to some turnover of people. But the description of “dark night of the soul” and similar seems excessive and inappropriate. This is either melodramatic humor or applies to someone else. The turnover will not affect me my day-to-day and is an adjacent department, so, I’m at a loss to apply the severity to my current work environment.

S- Power, influence, rank (but not title), achievement, success.

Yes, there are things I’m involved in that will see this happening soon. I have to coordinate and present some things to a partner/allied company and will be the main face for that. The person that would be doing it is going on parental leave. This card makes sense.

Ah, Love…

M - IV Emperor - Amun
S - 8 of Swords

M - Virility, potency, impregnation, first beginnings, initial thrust, determined purpose.

Well, I’m a bit leery of this card. I never know of it’s talking about me and have always felt it partially was and partially wasn’t (those close connections).

I feel like this is mostly about someone else. Especially when “first beginnings” hit. Married or dating exclusively, I’ve been with mine since 2005. New beginnings?

S - Bad news, crisis, restriction, the unforseen, a setback.

Yes, this is likely bleed-over. The truth is that I’m reasonably sure what this is refering to. The truth is that there are situations that people are supposed to go through. We can lessen them, cause lesser forms to be gone through by mitigations, but…the lessons must be learned and the spirits that give a shit will intervene to help them learn it. It’s something to keep in mind when you want to save the day. Been there. Still am, when I forget.

School
M - VIII Strength - Shoggoth
S - 8 of Disks (R)

M - Indomitable spirit, harnessed force, endurance, perserverance, directed energy, purposefulness, nobility.

I’m 90%+ that this is for myself and some people I’m connected to, even if some have dropped off recently. The other traits, this of pushing full tilt and continuing to do so, do not reflect the current need. I don’t know that they will see this, well, some I’m thinking of, but it does reflect it.

Now, this are is about Intellectual Environment. The worst has largely been prevented through numerous, concerted efforts. This card is reflecting the actual environment and I am thankful. With a sensitive employer, I can’t comment as much as I want to or…there are consequences for me and not anyone else. All I can say. This ties into the social interactions, though.

S - Hoarding, meanness, fear of risk-taking, too much attention to small things.

…no idea… Really not sure. I take calculated risks. I also say SILDI - Screw It Let’s Do It. If the odds aren’t in my favor, well, it’s time to.play the game, isn’t it? Not sure where this card is coming from. I normally only need a gut-check to know if it’s time to come in slinging…

I started this section as a way to give information on outliers affecting things I wasn’t aware of. Still unsure if it’s useful, but I drew for it.

M - VIII Chariot - Beast of Babylon (R)
S - 6 of Swords

M- Victory, conquest, enforcement, commanding, fruits of battle, admiration of the crowd

S- Resolution, solution, labor, task, confession, declaration, agent.

These two seem to apply to what a number of.us are working towards, but I can’t say that it applies across the board. Or to the group thing only. I feel like thos applies to a lot of things I have my hands in or know about. Not as a blanket statement to any, but as piecemeal components of all.

Well, that’s all I’ve got. The only thing I’m.clear.on is that this isn’t applicable only to me. “Don’t die for your enemy”.