Discerning names with a pendulum?

I would like to discern the name of a spirit, and it occurred to me I have no easy way to do this, as I do not seem to have any clairvoyant/clairaudient skill (at the moment), which sorta precludes an easy success. Im much more clairsentient, but Im not sure I completely trust “feeling” a letter, or a name.

I was thinking that maybe a pendulum could be used, but am seeing that pendulums are usually used for yes/no answers. I guess that I could run through the alphabet multiple times, but that seems really tedious, and I feel there must be an easier way.

I was thinking about drawing the alphabet in a large letter ring on a giant piece of art paper, and seeing if I could get nudges towards the letter on the outer ring, and see what happened. I was thinking with a large enough ring, subtle nudges could point more or less to a single letter rather than just a group of them.

Just wanting to hear peoples experiences with divining specific names, and/or suggestions on how to, pendulum or otherwise.

ETA: Also, Im going to have make a pendulum. Are any pendulum heads better than others? Crystals are common; are any crystals better than others?

If using crystal heads stick to the various types of quartz. If using gemstones stick to hematite points, jasper points or malachite. The minerals are more receptive and easier for the spirits to move.

I make pendulums out of marbles as well, by wrapping the marbles in silver jewelry wire, forming a coil of wire around the marble to hold it in place and keep it attached to the chain. I have even used glass lampwork beads as pendulum points, as long as they are pointed or at least rounded but decently pointy, almost anything with a nice medium quality weight and the right shape, will work.

I even made my own pendulum board. Cut the wood with a saw, hand painted it, consecrated it. Oh and, you can write down anything on the paper. Not just Yes, No, Maybe, and Refuse to Answer. You can write down colors, herb names, names of demons and it will point to the correct word or name if you are able to connect with the other side or a specific spirit but just to make sure you are connecting with an actual presence and not just manipulating the pendulum to give you the answers you want you should do some divination with tarot or runes afterward, or at least have someone else who is more skilled do a reading for you. And I don’t mean me either, I am too busy right now with other projects that require my upmost concentration.

You can use clairsentience to get name(s) then use the pendulum to confirm any name(s) you got. That way you’ll just need a yes or no from a pendulum.

I don’t know if it really is more effecient to use this expensive stones but I saw someone use a simple iron.

I have a red jasper pyramid I might use if jasper is good, and actually do have sterling silver and pure copper wire.

What if the pendulum was suspended from a non-moving object? Anyone tried this and got any result? Or does the spirit need to work through a physically animated entity, rather than directly on an inanimate object?

Don’t make it overly complicated, stick to the traditional method of making a pendulum with a chain or cord. If you overcomplicate the pendulum you will over complicate the results or worse, not get accurate results.

As for clairsentience that method would only work if you had something belonging to the spirit or person, or something they have touched and obviously if you are scrying for a name of someone you don’t know you probably wouldn’t have an object belonging to them. Clairaudience or claircognizence would be better in this situation, to pick up on the name via audio in your mind or with thoughts/ideas.

^ All great advice, I like pendulums and I think taking time to learn is worthwhile because they’re so convenient! I’ve been using one for years, and I actually get a feeling in my hand now even without it, which is really useful.

I posted a method for finding info on spirits that we’ve used with some success, here - it involves making your own divinatory deck, and may be more suitable for people who don’t trust ideomotor methods like dowsing and ouija.

I posted a video on youtube on how to read tarot cards using your hands to sense the energy of the correct cards as opposed to shuffling the deck a certain way and having the deck pick the cards for you. I can post a link here if you are interested. You can use my technique as a built-in pendulum as well by writing down possible answers or names on paper and feeling for the correct answer with your left palm.

Im actually thinking about doing something similar to tarot tomorrow. I made with note cards, 26 cards each with a letter on it drawn lightly in graphite, and am going to try to do the same thing I do with tarot by sense the card after fanning them out.

Probably going to make another 15 cards or so, each with a different number from 1 to 15 and do that first, and try to get a sense of how many letters are in the name before beginning the letter part.

Ill tell you all how that goes. If I can get something intelligible on the first try, Ill feel good about it, lol.

Well I tried it out tonight.

Call me skeptical, but I dont think “RVCKZ-” is the first 5 parts of a 6 letter name (I didnt bother with the sixth).

[quote=“BB44, post:9, topic:7231”]Well I tried it out tonight.

Call me skeptical, but I dont think “RVCKZ-” is the first 5 parts of a 6 letter name (I didnt bother with the sixth).[/quote]

Did you cleanse your pendulum and balance its energy before you used it, to make sure there is no lingering negative energy on it and to basically calibrate it to YOU and YOUR vibrations? If not, it won’t work.

Try again, and do as RavensAscent suggests, see if what you get resembles those letters again, or not.

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:10, topic:7231”][quote=“BB44, post:9, topic:7231”]Well I tried it out tonight.

Call me skeptical, but I dont think “RVCKZ-” is the first 5 parts of a 6 letter name (I didnt bother with the sixth).[/quote]

Did you cleanse your pendulum and balance its energy before you used it, to make sure there is no lingering negative energy on it and to basically calibrate it to YOU and YOUR vibrations? If not, it won’t work.[/quote]

I did the note card thing this time. I did not bless or cleanse the note cards.

Try taking the vowels out - this happens in (afaik) Hebrew, Ancient Egyptian notation, and Austin Osman Spare’s modern sigil method.

RVCKZ - V was U in Latin, BUT, I could be reaching, for some reason I keep thinking of Roxana (“Mrs The Great” - Alexander The Great’s wife) - her name was spelled Raoxshna according to Wikipedia.

Dunno why I’m thinking of her, but it’s stayed with me since I logged in this morning, so mentioning it just in case.

Afaik, Mr The Great wanted to have his close friend (some say lover) Hephaestion deified, but was advised by the Oracle at Siwa to make him a Hero (which apparently was a thing back then) - and he’d been raised to believe in his own destiny as a very special person, possibly a god-in-the-making, so whether this rubbed off on Mrs The Great, we can’t know, but she allegedly bumped off two wives taken for political reasons after Alexander died, since she had a child and didn’t want the competition.

So, she was no fainting wiimpette, and Alexander is said to have fallen in love with her at first sight, which is pretty sweet.

All of which I’m 99% certain has nothing whatsoever to do with your reading, but like I said, it stayed with me, so I’ve posted this in case it somehow is relevant.

Very true Eva. Had not thought of that but if the spirit is old enough it may be trying to use an older language which is extinct and sees your alphabet and is trying to point out the English letters which most closely the letters of the alphabet they are used to. I had a spirit do that one time, kept spelling out the same letters which didn’t make sense to me. I cleansed and did everything I could think of but stell got the same jumble of letters but the 3rd time I got a feeling of, this is right but you are just not seeing the picture clearly here! So I posted the letters on a wiccan forum and one of the older ladies there who was skilled in older languages immediately recognized the actual name and pointed it out to me.

Did you really ask the name? Because it seem like those letters given to you are not letters for a name.