Dimensions of The Solomonic Circle

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:20, topic:3556”]And if you or anyone else wants to play with some UPG of mine developed from working with demons in recent months, try a six-sided (hexagonal) piece of thick black board or black-painted wood in place of a triangle - do NOT be tempted :slight_smile: to draw in a Star of David inside it, you want the solid shape with no markings or names.

Like this, straight side (not angled point) facing towards you, unless you’re guided to do it differently:

You can place it on the ground, a table, whatever’s relevant with your set-up, but in this method I’ve been told to not use any other symbols that may impact upon it (so, don’t place it on a circle of godnames like a traditional goetic circle, or on a cloth that has any symbols of any kind) - it’s a standalone piece that contains its own cosmogony.

I’ve been told demons will find this particularly welcoming for those of us who don’t default to constraining them, but usual disclaimers apply that this is my UPG only - I’m sharing it in case you find the triangle idea still too redolent of methods you don’t like.[/quote]

Thank you! You’re the coolest! Hey, what’s UPG stand for?

UPG stands for “Unverified Personal Gnosis”, though depending on who you ask, the U may stand for “Unsubstantiated”.

Either is fine and acceptable. It refers to understandings you have of the nature and actions of various entities, as well as concepts and situations related to your own practices and experiences, that aren’t backed up by the lore (that is, mythology, grimoires, and so forth).

(I’ve paraphrased that definition from this source, which is worth reading the complete article if you have time.)

In other words, stuff you discovered yourself, often via 1-2-1 interaction with entities or through sunesis (a running togther of various different “a-ha” moments into an over-arching concept): things that have not yet been peer-tested, so to speak, by being replicated though other magicians trying them and getting appropriate results.

It’s sometimes used as a derogatory term, but that’s usually just ego-wank by someone trying to make themselves look good, and your own UPG isn’t automatically worth less than something that’s in a dozen books which contradicts it - as with everything in magick, as opposed to religion, it comes down to results.

So I’m inviting you or anyone to test this idea and see if it works for you, and if not, I’m going to carry on with it anyway, because it does for me.

1 Like

They find it welcoming for it is a 2 dimensional gateway into the material universe, which happens to be a cube.

Drop the U, Personal Gnosis is where it’s at.

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:20, topic:3556”]And if you or anyone else wants to play with some UPG of mine developed from working with demons in recent months, try a six-sided (hexagonal) piece of thick black board or black-painted wood in place of a triangle - do NOT be tempted :slight_smile: to draw in a Star of David inside it, you want the solid shape with no markings or names.

Like this, straight side (not angled point) facing towards you, unless you’re guided to do it differently:

You can place it on the ground, a table, whatever’s relevant with your set-up, but in this method I’ve been told to not use any other symbols that may impact upon it (so, don’t place it on a circle of godnames like a traditional goetic circle, or on a cloth that has any symbols of any kind) - it’s a standalone piece that contains its own cosmogony.

I’ve been told demons will find this particularly welcoming for those of us who don’t default to constraining them, but usual disclaimers apply that this is my UPG only - I’m sharing it in case you find the triangle idea still too redolent of methods you don’t like.[/quote]

So does the hexagon lay flat, or face you on its side. When you said it “faces you”, I was left with this question. Also, is there any distance needed between you and the entity? How big do you make the hexagons? Thank you for your help.

I’m not writing anything in the hexagon, but I thought you might find this very interesting. You can actually perfectly make, both the star of Solomon, and the pentacle inside it. Maybe that’s another reason why a spirit would want to be in there.

It lays flat, like a rug, mine’s 33 inches at its widest because that was the size of the thick art card I could find most easily and cut into shape.

Because you’re not constraining the spirit within it, nor are you trying to keep everything “holy” so the “unclean spirit” can’t harm you, I was advised to decide on the proportions via what works best, and not specific numbers, though if you wanted to use any numbers that have meaning that would be fine.

I sit on a couple of cushions, have my Altar in a crate that stands about 15 inches tall, and place the hex at a distance where I can see the whole thing, probably about 3 feet from my Altar.

I'm not writing anything in the hexagon, but I thought you might find this very interesting. You can actually perfectly make, both the star of Solomon, and the pentacle inside it. Maybe that's another reason why a spirit would want to be in there.

Possibly, and DGLN makes a good point there as well!

I agree 100%.