Difficulties with assassination

howdy all.

i’ve read all of EA’s works, but something still eludes me.

i understand the principles behind various magical disciplines such as candle, sigil and evocation magic, but there seems to be a distinction between their use for material gain (sex, money, power etc) and actual physical assassination.

i have found the practise of magical assassination quite challenging, and have met with very little success (i.e, virtually none). could this be due to the fact that, while material gain is a function of the universe, life and death are functions of a conscious (and subconscious) human being with a will for self-preservation?

to put it simply, would you need to overcome an individual’s “will to live” in order to orchestrate their death? i would like to think that assassination is as simple (relatively speaking) and straightforward as obtaining any other desire when using suitably effective methods such as daemonic evocation, but my previous targets seemed completely oblivious to my actions. moreover, my targets were weak-minded, undisciplined and impulsive people with no magical or spiritual leanings. basically, easy targets.

i feel as though i am missing something critically important in all of this, but i haven’t been able to figure out what it is. the only success i’ve had is that a target suddenly packed up and moved away from college accommodation in very short order, but that wasn’t what i wanted, and i could have brought that about via other, less energy-intensive means.

would it be better to “depersonalise” a target in order to perceive them in ritual as any other inanimate object? that is, if they weren’t a sentient life form, it would be easier to move the universe against them? of course, in such a case, assassination isn’t the correct term any more, and it instead becomes “destruction”, but in such a manner as to cause a physical death (i.e, fire, accident etc) but if even if that were successful, it may only result in injury. the advantage of explicitly stating “assassination” is simply that the desired outcome is physical death, plain and simple, but that requires acknowledging the target as being a sentient entity with a will for self preservation. back to square one.

any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

kind regards, james.

I wonder what EA’s success rate is for eliminating targets for his clients? If you read this EA, do you find that some people are immune or un-killable?

I imagine it’s pretty high, to be immune to his attacks the other guy would either need to have comparable power or woking with something crazy or both.

This is an interesting topic.
I would think that, if you were to attempt an assassination - it would be one of those things that would be really really hard to get your mind off of. That alone could have detrimental consequences to the outcome of the ritual.
I think, for such a hardcore undertaking that you would want to do, not one, not two - hell, not even 10 rituals - but multiple high energy rituals with an impeccable attitude toward the powers, currents, elements, and forces of ritual magick.
For example - go to your extremes. Fasting, for instance. Try fasting a day or so before each ritual. Make your rituals more intense than usual. Do a ritual bathing previously, maybe anoint your implements and yourself with a special “murder” oil. Perhaps consider an actual sacrifice for the purpose. A black bird or other common sacrificial animal. Go somewhere where you can belt out the commands to the dark forces. Not just the usual “apartment voice”. But rent a storage unit where you can go in the middle of the night and command with a voice like a god launching his troops into some epic battle of the gods. Like William Wallace giving his pre-battle speech.
Launch attack every three days (this is one recommendation EA suggests) until the goal is accomplished.

Also - I’m not going to judge you - to each their own. But, if it was an honorable undertaking, such as it would be if it were a police officer who recently killed some kid in a subway, or a judge who got caught raping 10 year olds, or someone who is in your way - an obstacle to your personal ascent or who is blocking your path to working through your dharma to completion. These situations insight a certain “wrath of god”, or “righteous indignation”. This is an extremely powerful tool. When you’re doing it for the sake of the greater good, a certain inner fire lights that is only vaguely there when you’re target is under scope of hatred or anger. So - if that is the case, find a way to turn your anger and hatred into a believable righteous cause.

good point (although sacrifice is counter to my philosophy).

however, i want to “kill as the gods kill”. i want to be able to decide who to remove from existence, void all emotion, and snuff out the light. i’ve learned how to ritualise for a given purpose and separate desire from the act of acquiring. i command as a god commands, and i wait without expectation, just assurance.

however! that’s fine when i’m working to change myself or my own life, but it seems different when other people, and other people’s universes are involved. is it really? is there something to this or is it just another illusion of perspective? i refuse to believe that the key to success is raw power when so much possibility can be realised with good technique.

we’ve all been there. you know the feeling where energy flows naturally and effortlessly, and because everything falls into place, there’s no doubt or obsession over the outcome. although this state of practise isn’t the rule, i believe this is the key to assassination rather than blind repetition and power raised to an uncontrollable degree.

any ideas?

kind regards, james.

[quote=“DK The Mage, post:4, topic:606”]This is an interesting topic.
I would think that, if you were to attempt an assassination - it would be one of those things that would be really really hard to get your mind off of. That alone could have detrimental consequences to the outcome of the ritual.
I think, for such a hardcore undertaking that you would want to do, not one, not two - hell, not even 10 rituals - but multiple high energy rituals with an impeccable attitude toward the powers, currents, elements, and forces of ritual magick.
For example - go to your extremes. Fasting, for instance. Try fasting a day or so before each ritual. Make your rituals more intense than usual. Do a ritual bathing previously, maybe anoint your implements and yourself with a special “murder” oil. Perhaps consider an actual sacrifice for the purpose. A black bird or other common sacrificial animal. Go somewhere where you can belt out the commands to the dark forces. Not just the usual “apartment voice”. But rent a storage unit where you can go in the middle of the night and command with a voice like a god launching his troops into some epic battle of the gods. Like William Wallace giving his pre-battle speech.
Launch attack every three days (this is one recommendation EA suggests) until the goal is accomplished.

Also - I’m not going to judge you - to each their own. But, if it was an honorable undertaking, such as it would be if it were a police officer who recently killed some kid in a subway, or a judge who got caught raping 10 year olds, or someone who is in your way - an obstacle to your personal ascent or who is blocking your path to working through your dharma to completion. These situations insight a certain “wrath of god”, or “righteous indignation”. This is an extremely powerful tool. When you’re doing it for the sake of the greater good, a certain inner fire lights that is only vaguely there when you’re target is under scope of hatred or anger. So - if that is the case, find a way to turn your anger and hatred into a believable righteous cause.[/quote]

I never thought of renting out a storage unit to do occult stuff. Interesting idea there.

Just some quick questions, and I’d like to see everyone’s opinion here (as I am new to the occult).

If you need to keep performing multiple rituals to assassinate someone, does that imply that you are doubting your outcome and thus nullifying the rituals? You’d always be thinking about it. Aren’t you meant to just forget that it ever happened?

Or does it just make it some type of super mega ritual that lasts for a month or more?

This is something I’d like to learn as every living God should, it’s a necessary weapon.

[quote=“Ryan, post:7, topic:606”]Just some quick questions, and I’d like to see everyone’s opinion here (as I am new to the occult).

If you need to keep performing multiple rituals to assassinate someone, does that imply that you are doubting your outcome and thus nullifying the rituals? You’d always be thinking about it. Aren’t you meant to just forget that it ever happened?

Or does it just make it some type of super mega ritual that lasts for a month or more?

This is something I’d like to learn as every living God should, it’s a necessary weapon.[/quote]

I think you need to look at it more like dealing someone multiple blows. Like when for example actually killing someone in the physical with an axe, that person will usually not be dead at the first blow, unless you are very precise and powerful. So you should not have any doubt, just do the ritual and think ‘that was blow n°1’ and after the ritual be confident and just forget about it, till the next ritual ‘blow n°2’ and so on.

howdy.

i wonder whether it’s a direct effect on a target or the persuasion of the universe to act according to will. in which case, it would only require one working (as with any other desire) to achieve the specified outcome. the universe puts things into motion which eventually build momentum and inertia. i would think that this is the reason we are able to gauge magical results (to whatever degree meets with our satisfaction).

recently, i’ve discovered the power of creative magic. that is, completely aside from ritual, simply describing or designing a desired future outcome in great detail has had the power to make it manifest despite overwhelming odds to the contrary. is it all coincidence? sure, it looks like it, but at the end of the day, magic is all about “coincidences” and the butterfly effect. i wonder if something similar could be used for assassination. for example, a mock funeral or a dirge with litany, eulogies etc. instead of pushing our desires uphill, why not pull them into existence by adopting a futurist perspective?

as adults, we’re too often concerned with the nature of causality. we believe that a ritual performed now will have an effect later, and then we worry about it until it comes about, or doesn’t. perhaps we should adopt a more childlike approach and play make-believe like we used to. create a future where the target no longer exists, instead of planning the cause-and-effect of their being removed. maybe this is a way around whatever it is that makes assassination so difficult? it’s like saying “the target is already destroyed, and i challenge the universe to either prove me wrong or prove me right”. i would assume that inertia is already on the way to proving you right.

i’m still trying to figure this out, and i’m not quantum theorist, so i’ll experiment with this creative technique when i have time and post back with my results (could be several weeks as i have exams now).

kind regards, james.

Assassination = recruiting a large, select group of individuals which already have the ability to become adept at energy work. Bind those selected individuals to the group as a whole where there is no possibility of leaving. In secret, doth the deed become manifest.

Ya - that’s the kicker, isn’t it?
Everybody thinks they should be able to perform one minor operation and have the enemy fall as if upon a blade.
But - if you ask anybody who’s tried - they’ll tell you that such a thing is extremely rare. I’ve only heard of such things in very rare cases. EA’s books being one of them.
I think the “one fell swoop” thing is possible - but I also think you’re average student of the dark arts who suddenly decides, one day, that he wants to try killing someone with a single magick word, is likely to fail.
Is it possible? From all accounts - yes.
Is it feasible for a beginning student? Probably not.
In fact, I suspect that such an ability is a skill that must be practiced over and over until it is perfected. We’re not talking about making someone get a rash, or giving someone nightmares. We’re talking about completely extinguishing a living flame.
But no - you’re not missing anything critically important - except for practice and skill level. Can you cause someone to get violently ill? Can you put love spells on people that actually work? Can you put a spell on a sidewalk to make anyone wearing pink to trip and fall on their face?
If you can’t - I would suggest starting there, then working your way up.
For me, personally - I wouldn’t dare to ask an entity to do such a thing if it did not, at least visually, manifest before me. It might just be a personal thing - but I have a hard time sending spirits off to do a major task like that if I can’t even see them. shrugs
But I dunno man.
One last thing - how can sacrifice be against your philosophy when you’re murdering someone? Just curious - not trying to be a dick - I’m actually quite curious. Sacrifices can be extremely powerful and release an exuberant amount of energy … maybe enough even to kill someone??? :stuck_out_tongue:

Ha! What a great idea, DK. Setup a thoughtform on a nightclub precinct sidewalk and watch all the steroid heads wearing pink tight fit t-shirts do faceplants all night. Gold! :smiley:

heya DK.

firstly, i have no problem with murder as an abstract concept. i understand human hatred as a psychological anomaly and a historical inevitability. as irrational as hatred is (i.e, ethnicity, creed, political perspective, religion etc), it’s extremely pervasive and very, very human.

thus, intentional cruelty is (at least to me) more acceptable than accidental harm caused through negligence. for example, i take greater offense at the teenage drink-driver who kills an otherwise-uninvolved bystander due to reckless actions than i do a premeditated murder inspired by hatred. i’m not saying either is good, or that one is better than the other, or anything like that. i’m just trying to make the point that, if you’re going to do something antisocial, violent and cruel (by modern standards), for the love of god, be cognizant enough of your own actions so as to not let it happen by accident. that’s the height of injustice, in my book.

similarly, animals are held in high regard in my philosophy and while humans are cruel to each other, animals don’t generally exhibit overt cruelty or hostility. they kill, but they don’t commit murder, for example. violence is a tool in the animal kingdom, whereas it seems to be an addiction when it comes to human beings. thus, i leave animals alone, and they leave me alone. and aside from all that, i love animals (as pets i mean). by the same token, i still follow darwinian theories and i won’t allow myself to become lunch if i can at all prevent it (not that i’ve had to recently, or anything).

speaking of lunch, if i were hungry and lonely enough, i’d have no problem killing for food (i.e, camping). the difference in my mind, is that the slaughter would be undoubtedly humane and to serve the purpose of sustaining my own existence. even now, i won’t go hunting unless i intend to eat the animal later, or it’s for the purposes of population control (australia has a number of pest species). they’re both forms of survival (i.e, eating and population management) so it’s justifiable to me. i couldn’t hunt for sport if the carcass was going to waste. that doesn’t mean i don’t enjoy the hunt, though:) and yes, i realise this is all arbitrary moralising, but it’s my morality and this is how i justify it. it lets me sleep at night and it works really well for me in the grand scheme of things.

and i understand what you mean about neophytes wanting to kill with a word, and i agree it just doesn’t happen (at least not like most people think it would). i’m relatively experienced with my magical practise (although there’s always more to learn), but i was just wondering if there was something different about assassination given that the target isn’t inanimate riches or other prosperity. moreover, why do so many untimely events occur which take lives unexpectedly? what’s the underlying cosmic thread which weaves all car crashes and freak accidents together? the sequence of events leading up to these things must have been influenced somehow (i.e, in that the universe must have nudged the victims’ lives towards such an outcome), but how/why?

that’s the current i’m trying to decipher right now. is there a predetermination at work, or is it the butterfly effect turned noxious? is it one magically cataclysmic event which begins an ultimately fatal path, or is it a minor fluctuation at the last minute? conversely, why do some people experience freak accidents (like a parachute not opening) and yet survive? i don’t believe in “luck” as is commonly defined, so i look for a mechanism at work. perhaps whatever is at play during unexpected fatal accidents is somehow lacking at other times when people survive despite death being a virtual inevitability?

i’m just rambling now because it’s late, but the universe is far more powerful than any individual being, godlike or not. i still believe it to be possible to tap into this elusive current and to direct it according to will, just as with any other application of magic. if so, it would override the perceived need to generate large amounts of energy etc. similarly, it could be used to prevent death if it were repelled (in that control in one direction implies control in the other).

the one theory i have is that birth and death are actually very rare events in any individual’s life, in so far as they are only born and only die once. although we understand death to be global and constant (i.e, people are dying all the time), it’s not like sex which is much more frequent in an individual person’s life. if we weren’t bombarded with violence through the media all the time, we wouldn’t pay death much mind. thus, it could simply be that the unlikelihood of dying at any given time is so miniscule that it becomes far more difficult to persuade the universe to flow in that direction. given the nature of statistics, the odds increase with age but that’s neither here nor there right now.

kind regards, james.

I can dig on many of your points. However - and take this with a little sugar - I find a few inconsistencies in your philosophy.

Now, I’m not here to rail on you, you know that - I’m just going to point out a few things that didn’t sit right for me as I read your explanation. :stuck_out_tongue: heh
Mostly in respect to your philosophy on sacrifice.

now - first off - I’m with you, I love animals - however allow me to explain why I still see sacrifice as perfectly acceptable.

The first point is that, you find nothing wrong with killing if you were to ingest the meat of the animal for food. You see consumption as a legitimate reason for taking the life of an animal. I do too. But consider this:

The reason behind your quest for attempting to extinguish a living flame is to act as a god does - to be able to decide who lives and who dies as a true god would. And - the biggest aspect to making such a decision is … drum roll please … ATTACHMENT!

Ok - IF you are going to go as far as attempting to take a life in order to wield the powers as a god would - the ultimate decision concerning creation and destruction of a life - you NEED to be able to completely detach yourself from any moral standard and/or attachment when and if needed.

That’s my first point, my second point is the actual reason you see it as acceptable to kill an animal. That is - FOOD.

And what is food but utilizing the energy acquired from body of the animal for your own physical perpetuation?

What is sacrifice but utilizing the energy acquired from the astral energies of the animal for your own spiritual perpetuation?

If you ask me - seeing it in such a way - spiritual means are much more acceptable than physical means.

Also - consider the native Americans and ancient american inhabitants. MANY of them would actually use the animal for a sacrifice and food and thank the animals spirit for providing food energy for whatever means it was used for. When one thanks the soul of the animal, and enters into a sort of pact with the animals soul to use the spiritual energy effectively as well as it’s physical remains. Meat for food, bones for ritual uses such as animal charcoal, and other ritual implements, organs can be separated and either burnt as an offering during the ritual or saved, dried and powdered for specific ritual tasks.

Look - I’m not trying to change your mind - but I’m just pointing out the conflicting points of your own arguments.

You DO have to, at some point, release all attachment - we all do. Not that we can’t have attachments - but that we are willing to cut them when it is necessary or appropriate.

Second - it’s not an act against the animal. In fact - if done correctly - it’s quite a spiritual blessing for the animal when done properly and with respect for its energy, its soul and its body.

Again - in no way am I trying to change your mind, I respect your philosophy as your own. I’m just expressing my own perception of your philosophy as I read it in contrast to my personal philosophy. So, don’t mind my intrusion :stuck_out_tongue: hehe

hey DK.

good points, but if i may counter…

you wrote above that “The reason behind your quest for attempting to extinguish a living flame is to act as a god does”, but i’m actually trying to act as a god to extinguish the flame. i’ve achieved enough through magic to know that i am capable (if not necessarily entirely consistent) in attaining my desires, mundane as they may be LOL. now, though, i want to expand my abilities (as do we all).

secondly, i take the point of attachment. so far, i’ve found it’s the single most influential factor in successfl magic (i.e, an act of will without lust for results). however, i’ve discovered the point of alchemical transmutation which occurs during ritual that discharges all lust for results (or the non-attachment you speak of) which must be found during the ritual if it is to be effective. this transmutation is obvious to anyone who has experienced it, and becomes the true purpose of magic work from the very first time it’s grasped. magic is no longer the act of getting what you want, but the conscious process of forgetting about it entirely. i’m not explaining it very well (it’s later here), but i’m sure you know what i mean. the point is, non-attachment is cool with me.

third… and this may sound simplistic, but i’m a capricorn and a scientist so please excuse my pedantic ways… but i know i can survive (in the most literal sense) without spirituality. by that, i mean if i were devoid of sentience, education or language, i would not starve from a lack of spiritual practise. i would, however, starve from a lack of food (and suffer greatly from a lack of protein, no matter what vegetarians might say about that). thus, i can justify killing an animal for food, but not for spiritual progression. call me a spiritual vegetarian if you will, but i just don’t believe in the necessity of sacrifice (although i don’t condemn those who do, so long as the sacrifice itself is humane to the animal).

fourth, i actually do agree with you on the combined sacrifice/food point. i don’t keep animals for food (i.e, a farm) so i’m not in a position to regularly slaughter animals. if i were, i can assure you that i would have already seriously considered how such a practise could be incorporated into magic. that said, the death would be humane and i would use as much of the carcass for food etc as i felt appropriate. not a problem there at all. however, i keep pets for pets and i buy my meat at the supermarket, and i’m quite happy doing that. i live the modern western life and that’s how it is for most of us in this century. if times were different or if i raised my own animals, it would be perfectly acceptable to my moral standards as i would be in a position to utilise both the physical and astral substance of the sacrifice.

i’d just like to add to what you said on moral attachments… yes, morality is ultimately subjective, but without at least our own moral code, everything becomes arbitrary and loses its value to a greater or lesser extent. the social contract, for example, is meaningless in a darwinian world, but it allows us to function as an otherwise-hostile collective under the pretense of moral obligation to one’s neighbour. magically speaking, yes, it all goes out the window when the incense is lit, but we’re not solely magical beings so long as we’re trapped within this mortal coil. as such, we need to decide when and how to play the game, and having our own moral compass is a great way to start. i have my own which makes me happy, as arbitrary as it may ultimately be.

the difference (with me, at least) is that i’m far less forgiving to other, sentient and independent human beings than i am to animals and plants which simply obey their natural instincts. if a person chooses to do harm to another, it was a conscious and deliberate act, and i find that difficult enough to understand. when our own infinite stupidity (as a species) allows it to happen by accident, it absolutely boggles my mind (and enrages me no end). in either case, there’s no more social contract, and it’s back to the tooth-and-nail mentality of more primitive species. the kinds of species which do not follow moral codes:)

sonny barger once said “treat me good and i’ll treat you better. treat me bad and i’ll treat you worse”. extrapolating a little, i’d say “treat me like a gentleman and i’ll treat you like a lady. act like an animal and i’ll turn you into spam”. morals for the moral, and for the moral. that’s why i can live within my morals when it comes to decent people and non-human animals (i.e, the sacrifice issue mentioned above) but why it simply no longer applies when human beings take it upon themselves to act in an indecent manner. you’ve probably guessed i’m a hard-core eugenicist LOL.

put simply, the natural world has no morality, and therefore no “right” or “wrong” of things. it’s a human invention we need in order to get along with other people. betraying the social contract shows an intentional and premeditated desire to reject common morality. this is something that only humans can choose to do, and it therefore justifies retribution without the need for moral intervention. once an arbitrary (yes, again…) line is breached, all bets are off and the choice to act against the social contract means that punishment needn’t be socially contractual, either:P

my targets thus far have been individuals who have breached this covenant, and thus i do not employ morality in dealing with them. i am similarly bound, however, to behave in a moral fashion to those who uphold this covenant. of course, i’m only bound by my own arbitrary morality LOL!

i hope this clears up a few things about my beliefs. i appreciate the critique and your honest curiosity, though.

kind regards, james.

I just wanted to add DK, that you have totally refreshed my view on ritual sacrifice.
What you have said rings true for me in a way I never expected.
Having said that, I’m vegetarian anyway so I don’t like to take the life of an animal at all and are still unlikely to perform a sacrifice.
Interestingly whenever I do accidentally kill an animal (generally road road kill) I always perform a small incantation to pledge its energy to what ever goals I may be working on or even just to having a prosperous day i nothing particular comes to mind.

Soundwave, with no disrespect towards your choice to be a vegetarian, I have personally found vegetarianism because one does not like killing, not to hold up as a theory. There are tests that have proven that eggs and plants also ‘scream’ when they are about to be killed/cooked.
There is data about a test involving two plants hooked up to electrodes. One man approaches one of the plants and completely shreds it to bits in anger. After this when the man approached the other plant, it showed significant signs of trembling/stress.

So basically, ANYTHING living that you consume has some form of consciousness, however basic it may be, and to help these lifeforms accept that they serve one as food, native tribes thanked the spirits of whatever they ate. I think prayer before a meal may also have initially been similar to this. Personally I do not go around thanking my food all day LOL, but if I were to hunt (or sacrifice), I would definitely thank the spirit of the animal, so it may better accept its fate and so I can catch it faster. :slight_smile:

Moreover, us humans are omnivores, which means that meat contains nutrients that are not entirely replaceable by a vegetarian diet, at least not for me.

[quote=“Kyra, post:17, topic:606”]Soundwave, with no disrespect towards your choice to be a vegetarian, I have personally found vegetarianism because one does not like killing, not to hold up as a theory. There are tests that have proven that eggs and plants also ‘scream’ when they are about to be killed/cooked.
There is data about a test involving two plants hooked up to electrodes. One man approaches one of the plants and completely shreds it to bits in anger. After this when the man approached the other plant, it showed significant signs of trembling/stress.

So basically, ANYTHING living that you consume has some form of consciousness, however basic it may be, and to help these lifeforms accept that they serve one as food, native tribes thanked the spirits of whatever they ate. I think prayer before a meal may also have initially been similar to this. Personally I do not go around thanking my food all day LOL, but if I were to hunt (or sacrifice), I would definitely thank the spirit of the animal, so it may better accept its fate and so I can catch it faster. :slight_smile:

Moreover, us humans are omnivores, which means that meat contains nutrients that are not entirely replaceable by a vegetarian diet, at least not for me.[/quote]

Interesting to note - there is a practice called ‘Conscious Eating’ - where you would charge your food with energy and then, literally, imbue it with a wish or desire (similar to an auto-suggestion, but with energy and food) such as health, wealth, wellness, confidence, whatever. While you eat, you’re supposed to concentrate on the desire or wish and feel the energy from the food enter your body and begin to work on the wish while also seeing the wish as if it were already achieved.
It’s funny how these active and energetic practices have turned into this passive meaningless prayer that every church goer does without knowing the roots of where it all came from. You’re not just thanking “god” for the food, but you’re thanking the spirit of the animal and/or plant for giving their energies for you to nurture yourself. And you’re not just asking “god” to bless your food for you, you’re actively manipulating the energy so that it will be beneficial to you on multiple levels as well as neutralizing any negative effects.
Fascinating the study of the plants. I wonder - since crystals (or minerals) are also of a kingdom of consciousness, if you could get a readable response from a crystal as well. huh …
welp, time to pull out all my crystals, plants, and multi-meter :smiley:

Some of that it sounds as if you are mentioning some Franz Bardon teaching…Is that correct?

Bardon definitely talks about conscious breathing and eating. However, I wouldn’t want to unduly attribute those to Bardon. My old chi gong instructor had us do a lot with conscious breathing and eating as well as conscious bathing or conscious washings. So, yes - definitely - Bardon is a source for that particular teaching, but no, I wasn’t directly referring to him in particular. :slight_smile: hehe