Different versions of the LBRP

Does anyone know of any other variations of the LBRP? Such as one for demonic entities or elemental spirits? Would you use the same words of power such as YHVH or Adonay?

1 Like

yeah on this blog from Grand order of draco slayers

[url=http://grandorderofdracoslayers.blogspot.com/2012/04/understanding-lesser-banishing-ritual.html]http://grandorderofdracoslayers.blogspot.com/2012/04/understanding-lesser-banishing-ritual.html[/url]

the same guy gives a detailed video in few parts, check it

LBRP section 1 part 2

also, you can find a Hecatian version of LBRP in the book Sorcerer’s secrets by Jason Miller

korgon gave this other one in this thread

[url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/general-discussion/the-experiment/msg27144/#msg27144]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/general-discussion/the-experiment/msg27144/#msg27144[/url]

2 Likes

here you have a LHP version

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/dvera/bgoat/rituals/BasicExercises.html#LBRP]Basic Satanic Rites and Exercises

I use a modified version of it, the cross excercise is the same but I call upon the 4 elemental demons for the pentagrams

2 Likes

[quote=“EpicGnome, post:3, topic:2168”]here you have a LHP version

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/dvera/bgoat/rituals/BasicExercises.html#LBRP]Basic Satanic Rites and Exercises

I use a modified version of it, the cross excercise is the same but I call upon the 4 elemental demons for the pentagrams[/quote]

Give me a break. This is just some shit some idiot pieced together by replacing things willy nilly with “dark” names without any thought to it whatsoever. Why would you associate Azazel with Kether, or Belial with Malkuth, or Astaroth with a sphere that has a Jupiterian energy? Never mind that such an undertaking of replacing God names with demons for a ritual of grounding, banishing, and identification with the Godhead doesn’t make any sense in the first place.

And for God’s sake, replacing the pentagram with its inverse in a BANISHING ritual shows complete IGNORANCE and INEPTITUDE on the part of the one who formulated it. The “inverse” pentagram is the one which INVOKES energy into your sphere, meaning that its effect in this misconstrued ritual will be just the opposite of its intention.

DO NOT use this shit.

Does anyone know of any other variations of the LBRP? Such as one for demonic entities or elemental spirits?

Please understand that this question doesn’t make sense. With this ritual you are balancing and purifying your sphere through identification with God and your grounding in Malkuth. That is its purpose, and that is why it works. It doesn’t matter if you’re “LHP” or “RHP”. That doesn’t change the facts. You don’t WANT to draw in other spirits and energies, and particularly those sorts of ones in doing this. That would be completely contrary to the working. This has nothing to do with their being “good” or “evil”, although these “Satanists”, for all their talk, for all intents and purposes treat everything associated with anything to do with “Christianity” as the ultimate evil not to be touched with a ten-foot barge pole. If you want some sort of Qliphothic rituals, why look at the LBRP in the first place?

Good points made by Poete, why even use Golden Dawn rituals or variations if one does not even work with that system? There’s more than one banishing and grounding ritual, why not use one your not offended by ?

I’m not offended by the LBRP.I guess the main reason I wanted a different form of the ritual was because I feel the Archangels presence so intensly I was looking for a ritual to bring other entities so close that easily.I’ve found there are other ways of doing this though.

Give me a break. This is just some shit some idiot pieced together by replacing things willy nilly with "dark" names without any thought to it whatsoever. Why would you associate Azazel with Kether, or Belial with Malkuth, or Astaroth with a sphere that has a Jupiterian energy? Never mind that such an undertaking of replacing God names with demons for a ritual of grounding, banishing, and identification with the Godhead doesn't make any sense in the first place.

And for God’s sake, replacing the pentagram with its inverse in a BANISHING ritual shows complete IGNORANCE and INEPTITUDE on the part of the one who formulated it. The “inverse” pentagram is the one which INVOKES energy into your sphere, meaning that its effect in this misconstrued ritual will be just the opposite of its intention.

DO NOT use this shit.

advice taken Poet, thanks.

“Nothing is true, everything is permitted”

• Hassan-i Sabbah

[quote=“DGLN, post:9, topic:2168”]“Nothing is true, everything is permitted”

• Hassan-i Sabbah[/quote]

Is that supposed to be true?

things may be true and yet not be neither effective nor good for you (like that krocodile drug)

[quote=“Poete Maudit, post:10, topic:2168”][quote=“DGLN, post:9, topic:2168”]“Nothing is true, everything is permitted”

• Hassan-i Sabbah[/quote]

Is that supposed to be true?[/quote]

A lot more true than half the bullshit people think they need to utilize in their rituals.
Keep using outdated, made up GD junk if it floats your boat.

As expected, the self-contradiction of your nonsensical statement about truth is quite apparently lost on you.

Keep using outdated, made up GD junk if it floats your boat.

All I have seen from you is made up junk some modern idiot pulled out is arse, oh scary vampire.

Outdated … lol … a man of fashion I see. A modern man. We have a true believer here: a true believer in the fairytale of progress.

The symbolism of the Golden Dawn ritual is correct and its form works to achieve exactly what it was designed to achieve by those who developed it. What doesn’t work is taking that same ritual which already works and fucking it up by taking from and adding to it without any understanding of the occult principles involved - and the form of these “left hand path” versions of Golden Dawn rituals demonstrate just such a complete lack of understanding - if the desire to change a perfectly functional ritual didn’t demonstrate such idiocy to begin with. And all this because you poor little “left hand path” magicians have huge religious hangups about anything to do with Christianity and Jewish myth.

I got to agree with Poete’s general statements. Do not change rituals unless you know what you are doing.

I am all for innovation, that to me is great. But the LBRP has those four archangels in their specific directions for a reason. Once one figures out that reason and internalizes the lesson then they can play around and innovate. If you can find four demons that have the necessary qualities and attributes and will do the same things that Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, and Uriel do, then go ahead have fun and report back.

Over the summer I spent 30 days working with Raphael and I performed the LBRP a LOT. A more experienced Ceremonial Magician gave me a tip about placing the Archangels in different directions. When I asked Raphael about it he told me “It depends on what you are trying to do” I made the changes and the entire ritual and the energies it brought changed dramatically. It seems that those four and the directions they are placed in serve a very specific purpose, changing any of it is like rewiring circuits.

In the end, have fun and experiment, just understand what the lesson is in all this.

3 Likes

Yeah Orismen. I get the feeling some people take the “Chaos Magick” fad so far that they don’t even really believe in what they are doing. Which is probably why their magic is ineffectual as a puff of smoke.

1 Like

I gotta love/hate relationship with chaos magick… I like the fact that if brought the need for personal experimentation and a more “scientific” mindset to magic, both in the sense that it encouraged studying things like NLP and neurology into the equation and in the sense that it encouraged a process of trial and error in order to figure out what works.
I hate the fact that it basically boiled down to magick to an exercise in psychological masturbation where basically nothing you do has any reality to it. And the fact that most Chaos Magicians have about as much self-discipline and critical thinking skills of your average wal-mart shopper. There is a few good ones though.

1 Like

If it ain’t broke, why fix it?!