Different sigils

Okay so there are different sigils for every entity. Does each call on different aspects of that entity?

No, it calls on the same entity, how they act per individual is the only real difference, aside from how the entity chooses to have you view them may also differ.

Different sigils are given either personally or the individual created a sigil and had the entity charge it for their personal or shared use.

Aspects aren’t as literal as a few make it seem.

1 Like

Do you think they have a preference?

Some will say certain sigils are certain aspects, Theodore Rose gets into this in LHD with Lucifers sigil. Historically he’s correct about the sigil we most commonly use only being around for a short while.

However, he’s theoretically wrong about sigils losing power if you redraw them more perfectly instead of exact and them losing power. Is your handwriting or signature exactly the same everytime? No, it doesn’t even matter to banks as long as there are recognizable similarities… and with magick it becomes even more so about intent.

1 Like

No preference at all when it comes to what sigil you use. Atleast it it’s personal or not

Aspects are simply if a person has two jobs a chef and a police man. You’re still calling the whole of the being, they can either choose to show up however they feel like, when it’s evocation they have free reign on how they choose to show.

1 Like

I think it depends on the circumstances but sometimes the spirits will tell you to use one seal over another. For example, I remember one post on here a while back where the member mentioned that Belial wanted him to use his Dukante seal instead of the more popular Goetia seal.

1 Like

Yes, this is exactly why I asked this question. It’s like you read my mind lol

1 Like

Which one do you connect with?

I find I really connect with Leviathans Dukante sigil, but trying to use the “Leviathan cross” like a lot of people do doesn’t do anything for me.

2 Likes

It’s not really a preference, though, since Belial doesn’t make that request with everybody who uses the Goetia seal, but for his own reasons, in that particular instance, he wanted the magician to use the Dukante one. We can only guess as to why.

2 Likes

Why are the Draconian sigils not popular?

1 Like

Probably because they are a specific current that not everyone is interested in connecting to, is my guess.

2 Likes

Are also relatively new

1 Like

Basically what @Rav said, they’re newer. Many people believe the older and more popular a sigil is, the more energy over-time is put into it making it stronger.

2 Likes

Funny thing is the older a sigil is the more attachments on it.

2 Likes

I know some entities supposedly have different aspects. However I equate this too how people have different aspects. For example a person is going to present themselves at work and at home in different manners. As they would to their boss, vs family, vs friends as well. So I relate it in this manner.

I think it’s all the same entity and probably doesn’t matter what sigil of that specific entity you use.