Difference between glass and crystal holding a charge?

Is there a big difference between glass and crystal holding a magickal charge?
I assume there is because all the New Age folks talk about crystals, they don’t talk about glass.

Anyway, this question was brought on by something I read or maybe I saw. This magickian was making sigils and storing them in a box until he forgot what they were for. He said that he had charged the box itself so it helped to charge the sigils. A kind of pre-charging, I guess.

I don’t know if that is a good idea or not, it sounded like a good one to me but, who knows. Would this work and would you want crystal box instead of wood or glass (like with jewelery boxes).

Would this work in general, I mean if we were doing something with a particular entity we could find out what wood corresponds and put the sigil in there (maybe even add some other correspondences too), but would it work just in general for any sigil you might want to make. Or could that send conflicting intentions into a all the different sigils stored in the box?

It’s common to leave an opened sigil out and only close and destroy it after the result is achieved and I guess that’s what he’s doing?
The energetic link has been made.

I he wanted to update change or reuse the sigil he’s need to remember what it was for to get the intention set accurately. I don’t see how recharging them with generic energy that is not guided by intention would help at all. But that’s the think with intention - he can make it work in his mind, so te energy will probably find a way. Would it be better to honor each sigil separately? I think so, but that’s me.

I don’t think it matters what wood you use. Most people write them on paper because it’s cheap and available.

Glass doesn’t have structure like crystals, so it can’t store psychic energy the same way. It’s also considered in new age circles that crystals are the higher beings of the mineral realm, and you can communicate with them as you would daemons. The deva of glass I would expect to be more like an overarching entity for all glass of a certain type, but I’ve not tried to reach it myself.

The upshot of a crystal then is a unique energy that is specific to the crystal. You wouldn’t want to risk a clash of the crystals energy with the sigils, so I’d avoid mixing them without forethought.

5 Likes

Can glass still be receptive to energies, tho? If you were to create a glass talisman or amulet, how would you personally charge it?

Glass is technically a very viscous liquid, so like water can be charged, so can glass.

I posted my method here, as charging a talisman is the same concept:

3 Likes

Yes, glass can be receptive to energy, even though it does not possess the same internal structures as crystals. Psychic energy can still be transmitted and absorbed through glass, as evidenced by ghost reflections in glass doors and other forms of energy. When creating a glass talisman or amulet, it is important to take into consideration the unique properties of glass. Glass does not store energy in the same way as crystals, but it can still carry and transmit it. Charging a glass talisman or amulet is typically done through focused intention and visualizations, as well as other rituals associated with the purpose of the piece.

2 Likes

Forgot to add, your don’t have to use my way, if you use the search with more keywords like, enchanting, consecrating, charging, empowering, with tutorial, guide, method, technique, and maybe throw in food or water, you’ll get a lot more ideas around this kind of thing with various different focuses and nuance. :slight_smile:

The forum has 10 years of posts so it’s really a goldmine of info and opinions, if you can get the keywords working for you.

3 Likes

Glass can hold on energy but not necessary projecting it well (due to its composition made of sand)

A quartz acts both as a storage and projective device due to his composition.

Glass and quartz are the same mineral: both silicon dioxide. One crystal one liquid… the difference in energy I think is the crystalline nature of quartz. Crystals generally seem to be able to hold energy well.

Most sand is lots of tiny quartz crystals and other minerals. The word “sand” doesn’t mean the material it’s made of, but refers to particle size - too small to be “gravel” and too large to be “powder”. The best sand is “white beach sand” (seen in Florida etc.) that’s mostly just clear quartz.

You can see the quartz crystals in this closeup here: it’s lots of tiny bits of different rock including quartz

Glass is quartz that’s melted and then cooled quickly and it doesn’t re-crystalize. Usually there’s other additives to lower it’s melting point or give it color. Most glass is man-made but lightning can also melt sand and rocks into glass. There’s black glass on the rocks in places on the Erath and Moon where the sun gave out mini-novas and melted them. Fulgurite is a precious stone that’s caused by lightning “vitrifying” (i.e. “making into glass”) sand and looks like mini lightning rods.

1 Like