Did my first evocation. Where to go from here?

I did my first ritual evocation last evening. I feel a connection to the goddess Isis (who I usually call Aset), so decided to evoke her first. I didnt have a sigil, so I used a statue. The ritual proceeded pretty much in exactly the way EA suggests it to in EE, with some minor modifications, such as I do not drink alcohol, so I used water, changed some wording to make it feel like my own ritual and style of wording, etc. I worked with what I had to work with, basically. It seemed to work.

If I concentrated and cleared my mind, I think I felt a presence, especially after the calling. The calling itself got my heart pounding to some degree, which was unexpected. What was more unexpected was a lot of emotion during the request/tasking. I asked for some healing to be done (and a sign of the success of the ritual), which is apparently in the domain of Isis from what I read, as are many things seemingly. I dont know where the emotion came from. It was as if I was about to burst into tears, but I was not sad, nor upset. This emotion returned in the same fashion during the “dismissal”, which was simply me saying she was free to go after thanking her.

Looking back, I might guess that this emotion was due to an overwhelming presence. Is that shaping the theory, or seeing “what I want to see” when looking back, though?

There was a stark contrast in feeling between just prior to saying goodbye, and directly after. This was the most powerful moment for me, in that it was the most contrasting element of the entire ritual. The energy changed immediately, and even I could feel it (Im usually a dense person, unfortunately). I think this is where I was most convinced there WAS a presence in the room prior, because it was so clear there was such a huge difference in… sensing? feeling? Im not sure exactly what to call it, honestly. But it was distinct.

Not sure if Im making it up or not, but I could feel the residual energy of the spirit. It was not as strong as the original presence.

I also asked, after greeting, who was present with me, in the off chance I might be able to actually communicate with a spirit directly. I did get some imagery that I think may have been external, which was imaginings of old Egypt, and the Nile. Just subtle imagery in the minds eye. I did “sense” some words, but Im skeptical of them, as Im inclined to believe they came from my own mind, rather than as a transmission of sorts from outside myself, because it seemed disjointed, or oddly phrased. Another possibility is that I interpreted the energy of the response poorly, and the translation was what was oddly phrased, or I was just making things up completely, wanting too much for some kind of communication.

I saw no evidence whatsoever of physical manifestation. Nothing occurred that I could detect, which was disappointing but mostly expected. Ive never seen anything “paranormal” in my entire life; it would be completely outside of my realm of experience to witness anything like it. Dont get me wrong, Im open to it… but its never happened before. I have no point of reference to expect it to happen.

The whole thing was interesting, and I felt good after I did it, in that I accomplished something. But Im waiting for results at this point, or a sign or something. The results would be very obvious; I asked for total relief of tinnitus and all the underlying damage/dysfunction/disease etc that caused it to be remedied, so there will be no question whether this was a success, or failure. I dont know if I asked the right entity for this, but it seemed like it could have been a good match, so I tried. I got no impression I was asking the wrong thing, though, and it all felt right… as right as a very first evocation can, I guess, with it all being completely new.

Im probably missing some things… it was like 90 minutes or something, the whole process, not including set up. I just took my time on everything, putting as much feeling and energy into it as I could muster.

So where do I go from here? Just wait? How long? Evoke other entities for other stuff? Not sure what I should do next. Im kind of in a limbo of uncertainty, not knowing if it actually worked yet, or will work, or if Im just wanting it to work and its all my own delusion.

Advice, suggestions, questions, welcomed.

You didn’t see anything because this was your first time and I suspect your astral senses have not been developed yet? You need to build and develop them before you will be able to see and hear the spirits clearly. The first few times can be hard becuase most people don’t develop these senses before their first evocation so they feel like they are talking to the air and nothing more and the whole time they are in doubt wondering if the spirit actually came or if they were pulling a schizo move and talking to themselves the whole time.

Normally, the spirit will come and if your experience is not enough to bring them to full manifestation on this plane, they can at least hear you from where they are and hear your requests even though you cannot hear them. Even if they do not fully manifest here on this plane, you can still feel their energy to an extent as you are connecting to that spirit by evoking it, so many first timers will feel that eerie ‘I’m not alone anymore’ feeling, temperature will increase a bit if evoking a demon or decrease if evoking a ghost-like spirit or deceased loved one, they may feel lightheaded, dizzy, or even nauseous, sweaty palms, disorientation and mind fog, that kind of stuff.

The only way to know for sure if it worked is do some divination or get some done for you by someone more experienced to confirm this or simply wait it out and see what happens if you feel too embarassed to ask for help with divination, but waiting it out is not always the best option because for new summoners it can take months before your goals come to fruition and most people are not that patient so many times, the new person loses patience after a few weeks and thinks it never worked and they either give up on magick dismissing it as fake or they feel the need to repeat the ritual or call on a different spirit thinking that spirit just never came thru for them.

And repeating the process before it’s completed can cause further delays and complications.

1 Like

Practice practice practice, just keep doing them, i remember reading a quote that you need about 80 to 100 hours of mediation before the trance state that one needs to be in to do a proper evocation becomes natural so i would say to keep up with the meditating too if you want to get anywhere with magic.

Try doing a Yoga class or two and do the exercises at home also.

Become a vegetarian, its good for your prana or Karma which is like Chi.

One of my first meditations/trances using a mantra( KHEPER-A KHEPER KHEPERU) of the Dark Egyptian God who watches over magicians and guides them “Chepera”(is his own father) , my heart began to race as i entered into the trance and as i called him i felt a coldness and pain in my heart like it was broken , it really affected me. So much so i was having a panic attack and had to use the mantra “OM” or “AUM” which is related to ones Anja chakra or “third eye” in Tantra-ism and also used for calling the Dragon Force or life force “Chi” , and i slowed my heart and it relaxed me. Freaked me out a bit but as the others here have said before me, its normal to feel uneasy and such.

[quote=“Uru, post:3, topic:6520”]Practice practice practice, just keep doing them, i remember reading a quote that you need about 80 to 100 hours of mediation before the trance state that one needs to be in to do a proper evocation becomes natural so i would say to keep up with the meditating too if you want to get anywhere with magic.

Try doing a Yoga class or two and do the exercises at home also.

Become a vegetarian, its good for your prana or Karma which is like Chi.

One of my first meditations/trances using a mantra( KHEPER-A KHEPER KHEPERU) of the Dark Egyptian God who watches over magicians and guides them “Chepera”(is his own father) , my heart began to race as i entered into the trance and as i called him i felt a coldness and pain in my heart like it was broken , it really affected me. So much so i was having a panic attack and had to use the mantra “OM” or “AUM” which is related to ones Anja chakra or “third eye” in Tantra-ism and also used for calling the Dragon Force or life force “Chi” , and i slowed my heart and it relaxed me. Freaked me out a bit but as the others here have said before me, its normal to feel uneasy and such.[/quote]

Good stuff. I was doing an ajna chakra meditation a few days ago along with a root chakra meditation, and I stared to feel like I was falling and spinning at the same time and I could feel some sorta cold fluid flowing into my eyes from my ajna chakra, as well as massive energy around my whole head, that night when I was doing a ritual I was able to hear the spirit speaking clearly to me. I was able to hear them before but this time it was clear and right next to me. So I def say do ajna chakra meditation before evocation.

That seems like a legit hallmark of a genuine evocation.

I also asked, after greeting, who was present with me, in the off chance I might be able to actually communicate with a spirit directly. I did get some imagery that I think may have been external, which was imaginings of old Egypt, and the Nile. Just subtle imagery in the minds eye. I did "sense" some words, but Im skeptical of them, as Im inclined to believe they came from my own mind, rather than as a transmission of sorts from outside myself, because it seemed disjointed, or oddly phrased. Another possibility is that I interpreted the energy of the response poorly, and the translation was what was oddly phrased, or I was just making things up completely, wanting too much for some kind of communication.p

Odd phrasing is a feature of spirit-to-human communication - they’re non-physical consciousnesses existing in realms/forms we can’t really comprehend, and they’re trying to communicate with us in words that have meaning to our current era and specific language.

It’s kind of like we have a list of words and ideas on cards, and they’re throwing darts (so to speak - energy directed at our mental vocabulary) at those cards, in order to communicate.

Weird phrasing may make more sense seen that way?

I saw no evidence whatsoever of physical manifestation.

You had a physical evocation base, the statue, so that means she is unlikely to pop up elsewhere as she had no need - the majority of my working evocations (that get results) are NOT to full physical manifestation, and as you’ve probably seen from his vids, same with the ones E.A. shares and I think he mentioned that he usually gets a clairvoyant manifestation, which is plenty - and your clairvoyance will soon begin to pick that up.

If you evoke Isis again, try concentrating on the eyes of the statue, see if they seem to change slightly.

I posted something last year re: my skepticism about the NEED for a full-on physical manifestation in most cases, if you want to read it the link is here - I can evoke spirits to physically audible, visual, and even touchable form, some take those forms after a while without me intending (like my Personal Daemon) but really, it’s kind of like playing a game of making them play by our rules, and yet if the physical world could fix everything, then why bother evoking them? If you see what I mean.

But Im waiting for results at this point, or a sign or something. The results would be very obvious; I asked for total relief of tinnitus and all the underlying damage/dysfunction/disease etc that caused it to be remedied, so there will be no question whether this was a success, or failure. I dont know if I asked the right entity for this, but it seemed like it could have been a good match, so I tried. I got no impression I was asking the wrong thing, though, and it all felt right... as right as a very first evocation can, I guess, with it all being completely new.

I have that, it’s a pain… good luck with it.

In the meantime, have you looked into things like http://www.audionotch.com/how-it-works

I haven’t tried that (yet - mine’s still tolerable most of the time) but I heard good things about it.

Im probably missing some things... it was like 90 minutes or something, the whole process, not including set up. I just took my time on everything, putting as much feeling and energy into it as I could muster.

I’m not being intentionally crude, but magick is a bit like sex - it takes as long as it takes. There’s no correct amount of time it should take, and any averaged standard time will be a statistical artefact and not reflect the “best” timespan.

So where do I go from here? Just wait? How long?

Kind of impossible to give definitive rules, but watch out for signs or anything that might indicate you’re getting a result.

Evoke other entities for other stuff?

Yes, also learn a divination method so you can follow up on evocations etc. Every skill you learn strengthens the others.

Not sure what I should do next. Im kind of in a limbo of uncertainty, not knowing if it actually worked yet, or will work, or if Im just wanting it to work and its all my own delusion.

What’s the next issue you’d like help with from spirits/magick in general?

It’s cool to have a wishlist for this - that’s where magick differs majorly from religion.

What's the next issue you'd like help with from spirits/magick in general?

It’s cool to have a wishlist for this - that’s where magick differs majorly from religion.

It would be help in becoming proficient in magic, and eventually mastery of it, at least the areas of it that are relevant to me. What I want the most is to be able to astral project, or soul travel, and Ive actually done it before, at least into what Robert Bruce calls the “real time zone”, if you are familiar with his work. I have never got further then that, and its always been short sessions that usually end up turning into non-lucid dreams. Ive been interested in astral projection and dreams since I was a child, but have never been able to really get a handle on it through self-instruction. I dont know whats wrong, thus dont know what to change to make it right. But Ive always felt drawn to it.

I was going to ask Isis for this as well, since it also seems to me that magic and its mastery would be firmly within her realm, but I asked in the forum whether its appropriate to task or ask a spirit to work on more than one thing simultaneously and it was discouraged as I remember. Calling another spirit for this purpose would be pretty much a cold call… dunno how I feel about that.

I dont really feel like I strongly desire anything else at the moment… anything else that does not involve universal changes, that is (thus nothing else “realistic”). Those two things were pretty much on top of my list by a big margin. I could ask for other things, but I dont know if my heart would be in it, which I assume is important.

You had a physical evocation base, the statue, so that means she is unlikely to pop up elsewhere as she had no need

Then do I not need incense? I was starring at the incense the whole time, ignoring the statue, since Im sure somewhere EA said to not focus on the sigil after a certain point, which I assumed would have been the same for use with a statue. I am confused on this aspect of the ritual now.

Maybe Ill do the evocations EA suggests in EE, next, to get something started and not stagnate.

I never see them. My friend does when I evoke them. I just talk to them.

Have you checked out this stuff - http://obe4u.com/

It’s had good reviews on here before (I’m not personally drawn to learning this, so can’t comment) and I think if you search round on this forum you might find some other tips as well.

I was going to ask Isis for this as well, since it also seems to me that magic and its mastery would be firmly within her realm, but I asked in the forum whether its appropriate to task or ask a spirit to work on more than one thing simultaneously and it was discouraged as I remember. Calling another spirit for this purpose would be pretty much a cold call... dunno how I feel about that.

Dhjuty/Thoth is another Egyptian god/Netjer and he may help - he and Isis work well together and it would be less of a cold call than most.

You seem quite analytical and intellectual (good things in my book) so he may be sympatico?

You had a physical evocation base, the statue, so that means she is unlikely to pop up elsewhere as she had no need

Then do I not need incense? I was starring at the incense the whole time, ignoring the statue, since Im sure somewhere EA said to not focus on the sigil after a certain point, which I assumed would have been the same for use with a statue. I am confused on this aspect of the ritual now.

Right, this is all JMO and NOT the definitive word on magick or anything :slight_smile: but I never used incense when I had statues or drawings/paintings, I made those and I evoked/summoned the spirit/gods INTO ythem, so they became the evocation base.

A sigil is a signature but these are forms and can be inhabited - I wrote a bunch of stuff about my earliest uses of images herep. Sorry to link to myself, I don’t want to have to type the same info twice! :wink:

The eyes would take on what Ernst Schertel described as “an almost eerie-holy expression” and that was when I first knew I’d really made contact.

I respect incense and I think I’ve seen people use both an image/statue and call the spirit to manifest in the incense, but that’s not really been how I did it, and my spirits seem to have tolerated what I did well enough that I’m still enthused about the results from this crazy work 20+ years after I first made an image and did that kind of summoning.

Up to you what you want to work with obviously but maybe try the incense in front of the image as an offering not a base, and see what shakes down?

I totally understand how this lack of certainties is maybe annoying/confounding, but remember we’re trying to summon spirits with zero apparent mass and spatial context into a world of dimensions and weight, and therefore there may be legitimate reasons why different methods work for different people, since we’re offering mass (as in weight, not Catholic!) via either smoke (mass changing form) or images (mass offered as a temporary base) so… well you probably get the idea. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:9, topic:6520”]Have you checked out this stuff - [url=http://obe4u.com/]http://obe4u.com/[/url]

It’s had good reviews on here before (I’m not personally drawn to learning this, so can’t comment) and I think if you search round on this forum you might find some other tips as well.[/quote]

Thanks, Ill look into it. Im still searching for whatever is going to make astral projection “click” for me. Something will.

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:9, topic:6520”]Dhjuty/Thoth is another Egyptian god/Netjer and he may help - he and Isis work well together and it would be less of a cold call than most.

You seem quite analytical and intellectual (good things in my book) so he may be sympatico?[/quote]

I had Thoth in mind for some other things, actually, but have not set a date on when Ill perform an evocation for those things. I have yet to write it out either. Ill need to feel the time is right, which may be soon, but maybe not. What I would ask for is something I want to be taught, and feel he is just perfect for that knowledge, but its not direly important for me to know at this moment in time. I am interested in it, and eventually the time will be right to ask, however.

I am very analytical and intellectual, yes, heh. It frequently gets in my way when Im trying to do something, or achieve something that has open ended results, rather than a bound range of possibilities. I can see all the points where something is uncertain, and everywhere where something could go wrong, which can lead to major over-analyzation, and a failure to actually do anything at all, except analyze down a path that literally has no defined end point. It just keeps getting deeper, and deeper, and deeper, but unfortunately, not necessarily more useful, except in a purely theoretical way. Practically though, theres rarely a benefit.

Anyway thats something Im working on, and is one of my struggles in this life, to become less “lost in thought”, and more “out of my mind”.

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:9, topic:6520”]Right, this is all JMO and NOT the definitive word on magick or anything :slight_smile: but I never used incense when I had statues or drawings/paintings, I made those and I evoked/summoned the spirit/gods INTO ythem, so they became the evocation base.

I totally understand how this lack of certainties is maybe annoying/confounding, but remember we’re trying to summon spirits with zero apparent mass and spatial context into a world of dimensions and weight, and therefore there may be legitimate reasons why different methods work for different people, since we’re offering mass (as in weight, not Catholic!) via either smoke (mass changing form) or images (mass offered as a temporary base) so… well you probably get the idea. :)[/quote]

It makes sense that a spirit might like a pre-made form better rather than a constantly shifting one.

Also Im not personally really all that interested in full physical manifestation, unless it means more pronounced results. It would be neat, but if its not necessary, Im not worried about it. My only concern was that a ritual is not a full success, or put another way, a partial failure, if physical manifestation is not achieved. I kind of feel that has been insinuated by EA in some of his videos (I cannot remember specifically which ones, Ive watched a lot of them).

But if thats not the case, then its all good.