Did i just open Archangel Raphael's sigil in less than a minute?

I think I may have opened Raphael’s sigil in less than a minute. Just for clarification, after gazing for a bit, my vision gets blury. I continue looking at the sigil through my blurry vision,and then one line disappears and then returns, and the rest of the lines start doing this one after the other. This is what is meant by ‘‘flashing’’ right?

btw, after i stopped looking at the sigil,i looked elsewhere and returned to the sigil, the sigil then looked normal, just as it was exactly when i drew it in permanent black marker. There was no more ‘‘flashing’’. So, my main question is, the flashing and ‘‘transformation’’ is supposed to only happen in that trance state when you are gazing, right? it is not supposed to leave permanent changes on the sigil that are visible even after the sigil magick session when you are no longer in a trance but are in normal beta level?

Yes you opened the sigil and yes it does NOT leave permanent changes.
If you want to work with Raphael just use that sigil untill your goal is accomplished then burn it while giving thanks to Raphael for his help.

I thought most sigils were supposed to open in under a minute…?

It was my first activation of a sigil, so i just wanted to make sure what i was witnessing was the ‘‘flashing’’ which Mr Koetting speaks of. I was expecting it to be several minutes because EA said that the sigil will flash after several minutes, hence why i was confused when it flashed in a few dozen seconds.

[quote=“Musta_Krackish, post:2, topic:2559”]Yes you opened the sigil and yes it does NOT leave permanent changes.
If you want to work with Raphael just use that sigil untill your goal is accomplished then burn it while giving thanks to Raphael for his help.[/quote]

Great! thanks for the clarification.

In my opinion you got only the eye sensetions. For whatever you will look for some moment, it will start to disappear and appear. The sigil need to be colorful and 3-d, otherwise it’s just your eyes tricking you.

Look on anything other in the same way (btw the books are the best for it) and you will notice the same situation.

Not sure if you did or not; did he show up? If you aren’t sure keep practicing. More than likely he did, but the more you work at evocation the sooner you will have a menefistation.

When I open sigils it works better in the dark with just a candle for light.
During the daytime when I open sigils they just pop off the paper without the flashing.
I’ve read in some of EA’s works that some majicians don’t get the full flashing effect,but instead have an intuitive feeling that it’s open.

What are your guy’s opinion on this?

[quote=“Musta_Krackish, post:8, topic:2559”]When I open sigils it works better in the dark with just a candle for light.
During the daytime when I open sigils they just pop off the paper without the flashing.
I’ve read in some of EA’s works that some majicians don’t get the full flashing effect,but instead have an intuitive feeling that it’s open.

What are your guy’s opinion on this?[/quote]

I guess it means some people will get some sort of signal that the sigil is charged, such as feeling some energy around them. Something like that, but i’m not sure. It’s best to ask Mr Koetting by asking him on his facebook page’s wall. He responds within 24 hours

[quote=“dellamage, post:6, topic:2559”]In my opinion you got only the eye sensetions. For whatever you will look for some moment, it will start to disappear and appear. The sigil need to be colorful and 3-d, otherwise it’s just your eyes tricking you.

Look on anything other in the same way (btw the books are the best for it) and you will notice the same situation.[/quote]

Actually,i just asked MR koetting about this on facebook. I sent him the following:

''Greetings Chief,Do you think my eyes are just playing games with me?Every time I try to open a sigil, I start gazing, then my eyes get blury, then i see some lines of the sigil duplicate on the paper, then one line disappears and then reappears, and then the rest of the lines follow up and do the same. However, i tried the gazing technique on a Bullshit sigil that i just randomly made up. I just drew random nonsense lines in all directions on the paper. I gazed and it started doing the same as i described above. This is why i am thinking my eyes are playing games with me, as no matter what i draw and gaze at, it flashes the same way that sigils do when i gaze. Do you think it means i have not activated the sigil properly if the ‘‘flashing’’ is coming on even for any nonsense that i draw in black marker?

BTW, when i get my sigils to start ‘‘flashing’’ and i look away form the sigil and look back seconds later, the sigil looks the exact same as it was when i drew it. So, the whole ‘‘flashing’’ is supposed to only be visible in theta trance state, right? and not as a permanent thing that is visible even after activation?’’

He replied with the following:

‘‘This is exactly what should be happening. ALL sigils are bullshit sigils. ALL of them were made up by some person no more enlightened then you. Sure, some were given to us by the spirits… but even they know that they’re just props - pretty things to look at and distract the conscious mind while the Godself gets to work internally.’’

So, i am quite convinced that that i know how to open sigils.

Also, i read elsewhere that the 3d effect is only one form of manifestation and that it is not necessary so long as the sigil flashes. .

I think I may have activated Archangel Raphael’s Sigil.
This is how it went…
First I drew out the sigil by hand today (Wednesday). Then I stared at it for a bit and I placed it on my desk.
I did a few other things and came back to the sigil and placed it on my laptop so it was leaned up against the screen. I stared at it for a few moments, dimmed the screen to black, and kept looking at it.
After a few minutes I noticed a strange feeling come over me and the sigil began to float left and right.
It seemed a bit blurred as floated back and forth. Then the computer screen behind it lit up on it’s own.
Once this happened I stated my request. The screen went dark and then lit up again.

This took place a few minutes ago.
Fascinating!

Any insight would be appreciated.

I see the disappearance of parts, it then appears to lift off the paper, and of late I have been getting a very bright crackling like affect in a small section of it (like the glowing embers in a camp fire but bluish white) …

I continue to pump energy into this flashing symbol until I intuitively feel as though it is done.

I just realized i replied to a 5 yr old thread. The ol thread necro technique…

1 Like

Me too. I did a site search on Raphael and this is one of many results that came up.
Interesting nonetheless.

How do i activate a sigil?

Welcome to the forum, @Evangelos1, Please take a moment to click the image below and introduce yourself:

handIntro

Also, please use the forum’s search function in the upper right of your screen. There is tons of information available on how to open a sigil.