Destroying or Burning Sigils after rituals?

Hello mages and sorcerers!

I am new to evocation and hopefully don’t sound like a total novice…but my question is in relations to Sigils. I have noticed Eric mention in his Mastering Evocation Course that you should never have more than three sigils active and you should burn the sigils when you are done with whatever you are doing. I haven’t been following what he said and I activate more than three sigils and sometimes just leave them lying around. Do I have to burn them? and what is the reason in destroying sigils after rituals? Thank you for your help and guidance.

As i have stated previously. I do sigils on index cards, lined on one side, blank on the back. I write down my intentions and request to the spirit on the lined side and draw the sigil on the blank side.

When i am done, i tear it up and i throw it right in the trash. I do this partly because destroying it lets the energy you invest into it loose to do it’s work and partly as a matter of “Psychological retraction” as Eric puts it… or as i put it, letting go.

A friend of mine often does sigils for people as they sit and have coffee at a diner or coffee shop. He will do them on napkins and he leaves them on the table to be cleared by the busboy. when he told me that i said i would even go so far as to blow my nose on it as i left. he felt that like that certainly wouldnt hurt any.

Letting go of a spell once you do the work is a big part. You have to put it out of your mind once you are done because dwelling on it will pull the magick back on you. which can cause the spell to fail or even backlash.

Eric goes on at length about this… I dont know how he manages to stay fit because one of his methods for Psychological retraction is to make a sandwich. He must be eating a lot of sandwiches or feeding a lot of homeless people in the desert. :^p

[quote=“Thermopylae, post:2, topic:4942”]As i have stated previously. I do sigils on index cards, lined on one side, blank on the back. I write down my intentions and request to the spirit on the lined side and draw the sigil on the blank side.

When i am done, i tear it up and i throw it right in the trash. I do this partly because destroying it lets the energy you invest into it loose to do it’s work and partly as a matter of “Psychological retraction” as Eric puts it… or as i put it, letting go.

A friend of mine often does sigils for people as they sit and have coffee at a diner or coffee shop. He will do them on napkins and he leaves them on the table to be cleared by the busboy. when he told me that i said i would even go so far as to blow my nose on it as i left. he felt that like that certainly wouldnt hurt any.

Letting go of a spell once you do the work is a big part. You have to put it out of your mind once you are done because dwelling on it will pull the magick back on you. which can cause the spell to fail or even backlash.

Eric goes on at length about this… I dont know how he manages to stay fit because one of his methods for Psychological retraction is to make a sandwich. He must be eating a lot of sandwiches or feeding a lot of homeless people in the desert. :^p[/quote]

Lol. Thank you for your help again. I never saw it as psychological Retraction. Thanks for giving me that perspective. I would rather burn the sigil than make a sandwich every time after a simple ritual. I would have to hit the gym more often. Thanks once again!