Describe Wiccans or Wicca in 2 words

“I will fuck with you, if you try to fuck with me, so don’t try it”, as NoMeansNo sang. I sometimes think of it as a great motto.

2 Likes

Yup. Doreen Valiente had to edit big portions of Gardner’s original Charge of the Goddess because they were pulled straight from Crowley.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve been saying that since the 90’s and you get to see the demonization of other gods take place during the rise of Judaism from it’s henotheistic state to monotheistic and other gods granted sainthood with the formation of modern Christianity. Also Islam is the same way an ass raped version of Judeo Christian pagan amalgamation with a flare for violence intolerance and misogynist sentiments. All of which are hold overs from Judaism becoming monotheistic.

2 Likes

Unfortunately. What I wish people understood is that a lot of the sentiments in the old testament we’re them establishing a unique identity as Jews to avoid assimilation. “They shave their face, we ain’t gonna, they wear mixed fibers, let’s not do that. We should be able to recognize each other”. A lot of this carried over into Christianity as “anything that isn’t us is wrong”. Even Judith Plaskow has critized the anti-pagan sentiments in the Judaism of her day, based on these verses, as being a negative development based on what wasn’t supposed to be negative.

3 Likes

There is this urge, this constant drive in some people to get to something primal, something outside of the books, something that will destroy the anthropocentric world-view, that is literally created over and over as soon as it becomes dogma, as soon as it becomes “holy scriptures”. There is a reason there are no holy books in paganism because on a soul level a lot of us knows that making something “holy” is to reduce it because it is a blinding attempt to refine what will always transcend words by being wilder. “No wonder some say the darkness of the forest is a god” (Tim Lilburn). I think this is why great poetry is often perceived as flashes of something infinite but captured in the moment. Good books know that they are part of something. Bad books think they are the most important manual.

5 Likes

Even Jewish mysticism is is taken from older polytheism mainly Egyptian sources. The Kabbalah was a straight up rip off from Egypt.

1 Like

Scott Cunningham

Nothing developed in a vacuum isolated from other religions and thought. There is no such thing as cultural or Religious purity. Not since the archaic times at least.

It’s been a while since I looked at the Mysticism in Judaism. I’ll have to rephresh myself and find more sources.

Thanks man.

4 Likes

Nature lovers.

Did you see this?

1 Like

Definitely interesting

1 Like

I mean I’m late to the party but

Fluffy bunnies
Tumblr witches
Self-important tweens

2 Likes

Blasphemous to Polytheists

:triumph:

2 Likes

Commie Bastards

1 Like

Militant man-haters

2 Likes

Noooooooo…no no no. Wicca has no roots at all in true Celtic Paganism. Sure, some of the sabbats and ‘holy days’ they celebrate are the same, and there is a focus on nature and the moon, but that is where the similarities end. Even the Margret Murray connection is dicey at best.

Wicca was essentially something drummed up by Gardner, Crowley and various Masonic elements so that the wives would have something to do while the boys played. While it’s first wave did have elements of effective magick, there was a great deal of useful knowledge purposefully witheld by it’s creator(s).

More modern Wiccans are probably more effective spell casters because the tradition has now been around long enough to have filled in the gaps Gardner left by drawing from other effective systems. I find eclectic Wiccans to be infinitely more capable than traditionalists.

2 Likes

Black Dresses

1 Like

Sometimes:
Great Template

Pretty Music

Like Father Like Son :yum:
@Ozraga

3 Likes