Demons Of Magick - Gordon Winterfeild

Looking for your personal take on this book. Were you’re rituals effective? Do you apply the Shem angels or change the structure of the ritual in full? What better books are there?

4 Likes

Good practical book. I would use the 2nd and 3rd rituals without change. But the first ritual you can use it as it is, or change the structure to something you’re more comfortable with.

For example, with the 1st ritual you can use a short version of the opening ritual. You can find it in Archangels of Magick by Damon Brand. You can also skip the petition paper or use a sigil of desire, the classic sigil creation from chaos magick.

The first ritual also may not work for cursing. It’s best used for attracting what you want. I suggest that you repeat the ritual at least 3 times for best results.

7 Likes

Why do you think that is (to both of those statements)?

4 Likes

In my opinion cursing is more effective when it’s done with negative energy. The book suggests using feelings of pleasure… that may work for hexing but to curse you may need more powerful energy than that.

The same reason I suggested repeating the ritual 3 times. The book doesn’t give instructions of “raising” energy. And from my experience, that’s extremely important to get exactly what you want, fast. This could be achieved by raising powerful energy in the ritual and perform it once, but if the energy is weak you may need to repeat the ritual several times.

3 times is reasonable to create a good effect. Less than that, you could just attract what you want, make it more likely to happen, but may or may not actually receive it.

7 Likes

Very good book, I had great results from the book. Mostly the 1st and 2st methods. The 3rd method I had to modify a bit to have results. I would use the book as the author recommends. then review and document the effect in your magickal journal. Thereafter, if your comfortable and other methods that are suited for this type of practice magick then by all means experiment

5 Likes

Right on, so pretty solid results from you all as well. I’ve had great things come from working with Vine. I’ve altered the rituals after practicing for a while. 1 & 2 seem to have been most efficient so far. Aside from DoM, what other sources for Demonic magick have you delved into? Looking to establish a better alter and there are certain things each deity prefers, where would I be able to find more detailed information regarding things like this?

2 Likes

Corwin Hargrove’s books are similar but more traditional and effective as well.

3 Likes

What a coincidence!! I just bought a book yesterday after one of the forum members suggested it. So far just getting into the details and reading the basics. But everything is very detailed!

Maybe some of the forum members can suggest: do we need to read it cover to cover with all annotations and everything (like the story of NAP book?)

1 Like

I would recommend reading the whole book first to understand the authors system of practice magick which will help the reader understand more about the design of the sigils are the evocation keys better. It’s an easy read, it shouldn’t take long and then apply what you learn.

3 Likes

Hey! Yeah that’s what I am doing now basically. You are correct, this is an easy read and very useful to understand the structure.

2 Likes

Hello, do you know if i can buy from another site the paperback version?in amazon it costs almost 50$, is there a cheaper alternative?

1 Like

Probably not, UKs Amazon is around £37 so yeah. Perhaps kindle?

1 Like

I did the second ritual from the book it didn’t work for me , I felt nothing , I was too nervous trying to remember the steps and names and had to face a specific direction which meant I had to sit on the floor facing the toilet and very uncomfortable, I realised I get better results with just demons sigil and a candle ! The book is very informative about how things work and helped me as newbie understand about how offerings work and what to expect after and how to control the fear .

3 Likes

I have experience moving and feeling chi or qi within my body. Is that the energy you’re referring to here?

If so would you direct into say the sigil or petition? Or maybe outside your body to like your aura or that chakra above your head to enhance communication maybe?

2 Likes

The energy I’m referring to includes everything we think, feel and do in the ritual. It’s all power we raise, the actions we take and emotions we feel. All that is energy directed towards a specific desired outcome.

Within that understanding, I believe Chi-Qi energy could also be used but that would make this specific ritual too complicated. Other rituals designed specifically for using this type of energy may produce better results.

1 Like

Thanks so much for responding. If you had even just a name, or path of inquiry for such rituals I’d appreciate it. It seems difficult to find via search.

2 Likes

My pleasure. I’m not familiar with using Chi-Qi energy but if I came across any resources or rituals I will send them to you.

2 Likes

There’s an app called GoetiaGuide you can download for free that has a lot of similarities to the book, only thing missing is the demons environment and the ritual practices

2 Likes

Could you explain the proccess of using a sigil and a candle to get results

thanks

1 Like

I light a candle , listen to demons enn on YouTube while glazing at demons sigil till I feel a presence (sometimes I don’t feel anything yet it works) then I tell him my request and offering I’ll give upon fulfilment of it and give license to depart ( thanks for coming you can go in peace without causing any harm to me or my love ones)and do normal life stuff to forget it !

3 Likes