Demons and Pagan gods

Where as we know the relationship between demons and the abrahamic god, how do they feel towards Pagan/non-abrahamic gods? I can imagine there being some rivalry or it being individually based.

4 Likes

hard to say being that a lot of demons are either directly old gods or have masks that are old gods

5 Likes

I’ve always thought they come from different energies. Gods/celestial spirits being forces that establish and preserve systems. Demons/infernal spirits being forces that challenge, destroy, and rebuild systems.

5 Likes

there are plenty of gods that work as the oppositional force in their respective pantheons. demon simply comes from the word daimon which has a few translations but generally just means something like spirit.

as for conflict with demons and other deities, there might be some personal rivalries, but generally demons want to elevate man to claim our power, the reason they have issues with the more religious side is at it’s core religion is a tool of control. outside of that there wouldn’t be too much conflict.

and then you have the demons who are simply renamed gods, though this aspect often leads to the debate is x demon the same as y;

1 Like

Some are outside the Infernal Empire. But if you study and look you see they are the same gods they just have different names and masks to the various civilizations through the centuries.

2 Likes

The rivalry started in the early formation of the church and with an indoctrination that was a stripped down dogma in an effort to keep people subservient to one god one king ect. There were many traditions pre existing christianity who felt it was offensive to attempt to name such a powerful creative force of all things so they didnt. The singular creative force of all things can not be negated he his celebrated by many names, i personally celebrate him as the Octogrammaton, Bon Dieu, Li Gran Zombie. Nzambi Mpungo, Sambia, Wantanhut Manitou, Geechee Manitou, Olodumare, Olorun, Olofi, Yasdan, Allah, and many many more he responds to all these names as well as the formless creator. And thats what the concept of YHWH was supposed to be as a spiritual concept YHWH became corrupted to YHVH a marriage of the synthesis of two spirits Jove and Iohvah creating Jahovah and thus the spiritual concept of a formless creator abandoned and replaced by and angry bearded step father type figure trying to act like Zues.

1 Like

The formless creator loves all his creation especially those fallen from grace.

1 Like

I think that it is some combination of the first two responses.

2 Likes

I think about it as “Gnosis”. How each one of us do the personal synthesis. It is very tricky cause it is subjective. As we learn stuff we tend to incorporate some into our “Cosmogram”. As we evolve we change “places” of things in this Cosmogram, we add new and delete old stuff which doesn’t align anymore. The “heresy of idolatry” is to take a concept as a real/concrete being. As you said, YHWH is more a concept but people turned it into a terrific deity. Maybe this is the great difference between religion and magic. Religion claims to have the ultimate truth so people get stuck with them at some point but magicians are in search of understanding so they have to move ahead.

1 Like

Also, I like your approach of the “8”. This number has played an important role in my magic. BTW I was born in a day 8. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i refer to demons as ancient ones because that is what they are acient spirits that show you power and how to obtain this power

1 Like

Lets suppose light had not conquered dark, what would be the result? I mean, we are here, there is this world in which we live in and there is progress… it is kind of an evolution isn’t? I understand the “idea” of darkness first. I was thought darkness gave birth to light. Diana => Dianus. But our “universe” (not saying the whole universe, just our own, this solar system into this galaxy is enough) evolved from that darkness. So what’s the point in “opening the gates” for such ancient chaotic primal forces if not destructing all we know and have? In fact there are times in which we need to break through some situations in order to go ahead but it has to be so radical? Is not a way of changing things without risking to lose all? I always think about balance. Everything in this universe seems to be very well balanced then we came to mess it up. Just digressing. lol :blush: :thinking:

1 Like